CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rabid cock
JaxcockFL
SanAntonioCock
uscnoklahoma
LeeSC
b381l
Master Bedroom
johnmcclane
Coondog
GregoryHouse
Morris to SMU (6635)
Venables to TAMU? (2252)
Clemson fans (1897)
Vegas line moving on (1673)
Carolina on a Walmar (1527)
Phil Kronblut show (851)
Women's Soccer Elite (804)
End of the aTm / LSU (753)
Have we been favored (602)
Arkansas... (594)
Texans getting frustrated
Morris to SMU
Arkansas...
Venables to TAMU?
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Anyone know what time and
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Vegas line moving on game
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Phil Kronblut show

Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #41
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurs
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Gamecock View Post
Dylan did miss on a couple of short passes, but threw the deep ball well. If we can get our running game in gear, I think it will help him settle down, and his completion percentage should improve.
^THIS
kingofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #42
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

Quote:
Dylan did miss on a couple of short passes, but threw the deep ball well. If we can get our running game in gear, I think it will help him settle down, and his completion percentage should improve.
Absolutely. We ditched the run game too early last game. I know our team can run well and open up the playbook for DT to do his thing.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #43
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Noso is better than McElvoy. Play Noso cause he can run.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #44
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Mcevoy playing ok. Very serviceable in my opinion. We definitely need to get our backups playing time for next season. Dylan just isn't getting a fair shake. I believe he'll tighten things up. I also think nosovitch is someone who does better in the game than practice. I'm more worried about our defense getting the shipped raised from the bottom of the ocean.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 AM   #45
eatlighting
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Everybody loves the back up.

I'd like to see Mitch or another back up get some significant time too, but not because of anything Dylan has done. It's more about what the defense apparently cannot do. If they do what they did Thursday in every game, the season is a wash, and we should look at the future.

That's not Dylan's fault though. If the defense were going to be decent and keep us in games, I'm more than happy to keep Dylan in there as The Guy. He gives our offense the best chance to succeed. The defense, on the other hand, currently gives no one a chance to succeed unless there are some major changes made in the near future.

Just my two cents.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 AM   #46
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Connor Mitch can't even beat out Perry Orth lol
That is what scares me. Lorenzo Nunez had better be good.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #47
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talonsCockyGuy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Why? Wilds is our best RB right now by far
He's the only back right now. For me I want to see the (potential)stars on the field. Personally, I think the Wilds experiment should have ended awhile back. He filled in for Marcus fine, but he is not, nor will he ever be a star back. No way Williams should be fourth on the depth chart behind he, and Carson.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:43 AM   #48
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
He's the only back right now. For me I want to see the (potential)stars on the field. Personally, I think the Wilds experiment should have ended awhile back. He filled in for Marcus fine, but he is not, nor will he ever be a star back. No way Williams should be fourth on the depth chart behind he, and Carson.
Agree 100% and Carson should not be returning kicks. I am shocked at the lack of moves he has.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:50 AM   #49
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
Not sure how the circumstances affected his horrible footwork or terrible decision-making (running out of bounds for multi-yard losses instead of just throwing the ball away). No, he was not to blame for the loss, but his play was average at best.
^this
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 AM   #50
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I have never understood why we can't play freshman QBs, hell Florida state and A&M can, why can't we? Sometimes they surprise you.
Thank the good lord I am not the only one who feels this way. I must say I feel it is Spurrier holding them back but from what I heard his offense is hard for a guy to grasp at first.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 AM   #51
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I smell tater.
You sir, have a keen sense of smell.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #52
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I at least want to see what Connor Mitch wants to brings to the table.

Thompson has no zip on his deep balls and just lofts them up. Its the reason Nick Jones got nailed in the endzone at the end of the 2nd half and the reason he threw the pick in the 3rd. Also Thompson showed poor decision making and sailed several easy balls over open receivers heads.

The TD pass that was dropped to Nick Jones was perfect. Jones has to hang on because they hit in the SEC. The INT in the corner of the endzone was a bad pass, and he was hit as he threw it. Also wish SOS had not lost his patience and decided to chuck it instead of running it on 2nd and 2, but I know had he hit that pass I would probably called it a genius play.

None the less, the defense is the huge problem right now. Had they stopped someone, we could have force more than 2 punts and had more offensive chances. Dylan does throw some bad ones, but he throws some beautiful ones too.

The 3-4 was prevalent in the late 70's and teams went back to a 4 man front because the good running backs ran on it well.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #53
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

I think Dylan did pretty good the other night with some pretty good throws but some were poor throws and poor decision making. I'm not putting the loss on him by any means bc he helped keep us in but the int came at a very bad time. That being said I hope Dylan does better and i support him 100% but I do think mitch is better and will end up being the starter

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #54
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

He should have gotten snaps almost the entire 4th quarter Thursday night. If we can't put the game out of reach early, then Dylan will play the whole game.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
How would things change if McEvoy stayed? We'll see how he plays tonight against LSU...
He could have wrapped up while playing safety or spur
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #56
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you think he's going to magically become a 60%+ completion guy that's not happening. Thompson is a 50-55% guy and that's about all you can expect. He's going to put the ball up which a lot of people love but he's going to stop the clock and end up with a lot of short series. The deeper passes can help mask the accuracy issues because the receivers have time to adjust.

I don't think playing Mitch would have any impact on the end result of the lack of defense but I don't expect the defense to have some kind of magical turnaround either. A&M simply exposed a poor scheme the other night which we've seen done in the past but this year there aren't any 1st round NFL talents to hide the issues.

I do think its funny how many people love to use the "guy playing is obviously the best QB" line especially with Spurrier. We've seen enough of the experiments here alone to know that's not always the case.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #57
Wisercock
Walk On

Male

Wisercock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I think I'd rather see our defense play than C Mitch right now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, QB play was not the reason we lost that game.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #58
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Leave Dylan in, let him grow into it. Fix the damn defense. In fact, whining about quarterback play has to be the most ignorant thing I can imagine. While it wasn't perfect it is not our problem. It's like your house has lost its foundation and you are whining about the color of the siding.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #59
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Leave Dylan in, let him grow into it. Fix the damn defense. In fact, whining about quarterback play has to be the most ignorant thing I can imagine. While it wasn't perfect it is not our problem. It's like your house has lost its foundation and you are whining about the color of the siding.
It's all connected. Sure the defense was terrible but the best way to help them is keep them off the field. When the offense can't keep on the field and keeps stopping the clock it's only going to get worse.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #60
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

LOL....
I can't believe this is even a thread?

"Yeah, 52-28 was all Dylan's fault, so let's plug in a redshirt freshman QB who will lead us to the promise land in the SEC this year."

We got 99 problems, but DT isn't one of them. Ridiculous.