CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
b381l
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Garcia: Change the Rules
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 08-31-2014, 12:04 AM   #81
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
3. 05 UF
2. 09 Ole Miss
1. 12 Jawja

For me at least, and I was at all three. I suspect the Bama game was louder than all of them.
Perhaps it had a lot to do with the section(s) you were sitting in. The East Club section was loudest in 2005 (FL). West Club section 105 was not as loud as the East Club in '05, but of course, there is a very polite element there. I was probably the loudest in that particular area.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 AM   #82
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I suspect this cat wasn't at the game and is just trolling us hard.

Kicked our asses, defiled our capitol, insulted our stadium, trashed our tailgating, and insulted our entire fanbase. That's the Texas thing to do.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:15 AM   #83
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
I suspect this cat wasn't at the game and is just trolling us hard.

Kicked our asses, defiled our capitol, insulted our stadium, trashed our tailgating, and insulted our entire fanbase. That's the Texas thing to do.
This would have to be the case. The only place I have ever been that was louder then W-B was Death Valley at night.

I'm sure his TV has a limit on volume capacity......that or he really is not as honest as I previously surmised.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #84
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
Perhaps it had a lot to do with the section(s) you were sitting in. The East Club section was loudest in 2005 (FL). West Club section 105 was not as loud as the East Club in '05, but of course, there is a very polite element there. I was probably the loudest in that particular area.
I was in the student section in 05...it was loud, but UF wasn't hitting on much that year. Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss were in the top 10. That amps us the stadium quite a bit, IMO.

I'm not even sure if we were playing sandstorm in 05. I believe that started against Ole Miss in 09.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:19 AM   #85
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
A couple days have passed now, and I think I can more objectively give an opinion about our experience in Columbia, SC.

Highs

* I love that USC fans love their team and football.

My biggest gripe about the B12 was how apathetic other schools are when their team stumbles or has a mediocre season. I feel that for the most part, remaining B12 schools are only fair weather fans sticking around during the good times, and bailing during the tough times (save Iowa St...those poor guys seem to really hang around).

We were just nearing Augusta and stopped to get gas. The clerk saw my hat, and said, "you guys should git back to Texas...". That is awesome!

* Campus is very nice.

We parked at the fair grounds and walked to the Russell Center. There were a lot of food options, and this is something I think A&M should improve as well. USC and LSU both have lots of options in their student center. We walked around outside to check out the scenery and strolled through some central shaded pavilion. I don't recall the name, but it was very scenic.

* Columbia is a good size town and there seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Previously I looked up stats and said CS was nearly as big as Columbia. Maybe this is true due to the size of A&M the student body, but Columbia, SC feels far more substantial. You guys have an actual downtown with big businesses. A&M is not like that at all. Our stuff is spread out all over, and comes off as a town that was built up around the college. This still may be true for USC, but downtown and college go hand-in-hand. We had some sandwiches at Southern Belly BBQ near the fairgrounds, and it was awesome. Texas, for the most part, does really simple brisket or pork sandwiches. The D'Jango at Southern Belly had pork, bacon, jalapenos, spicy relish....it was just pure awesomeness.

* The folks that came out to see midnight yell were mostly inquisitive and just wanted to see what was going on. I appreciate people wanting to see the visiting team's traditions, even if it isn't a pep-rally for USC.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Midnight Yell opposition

I'm perfectly fine with people coming (students really....) and yelling against us or razzing us. Arkansas did it and kept doing their pig call. It was all in good fun. However, I think the students crossed the line when they started chanting, "f*ck those aggies! f*ck those aggies!". I know adults don't really control what they do, but I expected better of the students. It really just comes off low-class and most Aggies thought the same.

*Class

Twice while we were walking around campus, my wife and I heard students riding in their cars or back of their trucks yell "f*ck you Aggies!" or "Suck our Cocks!". Again, it just shows how low class some of the students are. I know bad apples are in every group of students (including A&M), but I was really surprised by how many people we spoke with that had similar stories when walking around the town. We didn't even get that treatment from LSU fans.

*Gameday & Williams Brice

I didn't know anything about WB before coming to the game, but USC fans painted this incredible picture of how raucous and loud it was going to be. Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game. I said this before, but it was sort of funny to listen to the fans attempt to get a "game" "cocks" chant going without help from the cheerleaders. Frankly, the cheerleaders should have been doing that more often, and they didn't. This is why we have yell leaders, and even when our yell leaders fail to step up, we've got a guy (Visor Guy...I'm not kidding) to lead us. I know the air got sucked out pretty quickly when USC was playing from behind from the get-go. Plus, it was a Thursday game, so it may have something to do with that too. All I'm saying is that a lot of hype was generated and y'all failed to deliver big time. LSU, Mizzou, A&M, and Arkansas were all louder than WB. Only Ole Miss might be below USC.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired. There was very little tail gating among campus itself, and this makes sense because the stadium is far away. That being said, it doesn't feel the same when you've got a disconnect between the campus and stadium tailgating. However, the fairgrounds do provide a very large and open area, so logistically it works out well.

The concessions at WB are not great. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

Traffic. Most USC fans were gone by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I didn't even get out of traffic until 1145pm. This isn't a massive surprise, since Arkansas and Ole Miss were just as bad. A&M and LSU actually do a decent job.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side. You guys will get a chance to give us some payback next year, but I think our defense will be improved and we'll curb stomp you again.

It's interesting that you think our student union is nice. It's actually crap and hasn't had any major work in over 30 years. USC is in desperate need of another one and is looking at plans to do so.

Glad you enjoyed Columbia for the most part. Bad apples in every bunch but after that Midnight Yell stunt you guys pulled 500ft from campus you guys weren't getting any respect. Carolina fans are generally pretty nice and students are pretty laid back.. but when we feel disrespected we can be extremely aggressive.. like a Gamecock.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:30 AM   #86
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
I was in the student section in 05...it was loud, but UF wasn't hitting on much that year. Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss were in the top 10. That amps us the stadium quite a bit, IMO.

I'm not even sure if we were playing sandstorm in 05. I believe that started against Ole Miss in 09.
They were ranked, a win would have won them the East Crown, and we had not beaten them since 1939. This was also SOS's first year....we had just beaten TN in Neyland for the first time ever....these were uncharted waters for us....definitely enough impetus for a loud scream or two.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:03 AM   #87
GarnetArmy!
Walk On

Male

GarnetArmy! has feathers coming inGarnetArmy! has feathers coming in

Quote:
A couple days have passed now, and I think I can more objectively give an opinion about our experience in Columbia, SC.

Highs

My biggest gripe about the B12 was how apathetic other schools are when their team stumbles or has a mediocre season. I feel that for the most part, remaining B12 schools are only fair weather fans sticking around during the good times, and bailing during the tough times (save Iowa St...those poor guys seem to really hang around).

We were just nearing Augusta and stopped to get gas. The clerk saw my hat, and said, "you guys should git back to Texas...". That is awesome!

* Campus is very nice.

We parked at the fair grounds and walked to the Russell Center. There were a lot of food options, and this is something I think A&M should improve as well. USC and LSU both have lots of options in their student center. We walked around outside to check out the scenery and strolled through some central shaded pavilion. I don't recall the name, but it was very scenic.

* Columbia is a good size town and there seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Previously I looked up stats and said CS was nearly as big as Columbia. Maybe this is true due to the size of A&M the student body, but Columbia, SC feels far more substantial. You guys have an actual downtown with big businesses. A&M is not like that at all. Our stuff is spread out all over, and comes off as a town that was built up around the college. This still may be true for USC, but downtown and college go hand-in-hand. We had some sandwiches at Southern Belly BBQ near the fairgrounds, and it was awesome. Texas, for the most part, does really simple brisket or pork sandwiches. The D'Jango at Southern Belly had pork, bacon, jalapenos, spicy relish....it was just pure awesomeness.

* The folks that came out to see midnight yell were mostly inquisitive and just wanted to see what was going on. I appreciate people wanting to see the visiting team's traditions, even if it isn't a pep-rally for USC.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

I'm perfectly fine with people coming (students really....) and yelling against us or razzing us. Arkansas did it and kept doing their pig call. It was all in good fun. However, I think the students crossed the line when they started chanting, "f*ck those aggies! f*ck those aggies!". I know adults don't really control what they do, but I expected better of the students. It really just comes off low-class and most Aggies thought the same.

*Class

Twice while we were walking around campus, my wife and I heard students riding in their cars or back of their trucks yell "f*ck you Aggies!" or "Suck our Cocks!". Again, it just shows how low class some of the students are. I know bad apples are in every group of students (including A&M), but I was really surprised by how many people we spoke with that had similar stories when walking around the town. We didn't even get that treatment from LSU fans.

I didn't know anything about WB before coming to the game, but USC fans painted this incredible picture of how raucous and loud it was going to be. Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game. I said this before, but it was sort of funny to listen to the fans attempt to get a "game" "cocks" chant going without help from the cheerleaders. Frankly, the cheerleaders should have been doing that more often, and they didn't. This is why we have yell leaders, and even when our yell leaders fail to step up, we've got a guy (Visor Guy...I'm not kidding) to lead us. I know the air got sucked out pretty quickly when USC was playing from behind from the get-go. Plus, it was a Thursday game, so it may have something to do with that too. All I'm saying is that a lot of hype was generated and y'all failed to deliver big time. LSU, Mizzou, A&M, and Arkansas were all louder than WB. Only Ole Miss might be below USC.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired. There was very little tail gating among campus itself, and this makes sense because the stadium is far away. That being said, it doesn't feel the same when you've got a disconnect between the campus and stadium tailgating. However, the fairgrounds do provide a very large and open area, so logistically it works out well.

The concessions at WB are not great. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

Traffic. Most USC fans were gone by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I didn't even get out of traffic until 1145pm. This isn't a massive surprise, since Arkansas and Ole Miss were just as bad. A&M and LSU actually do a decent job.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side. You guys will get a chance to give us some payback next year, but I think our defense will be improved and we'll curb stomp you again.
To the almighty aggies, we are very sorry that our "normal" town does not meet the standards of "class" that your beloved college station has and that you had a poor game day experience. Sorry our students cussed you out. I guess you shouldn't have been dancing on our courthouse steps. If this game took place in college station and USC fans went out during the evening, you think your drunk northgaters would treat us any different? I've been there plenty of times. Typical college kids too, ask your new hero Kenny hill when he was passed out on the sidewalk last march, so don't place unrealistic expectations on us or any other fanbase. It's college football. I went to my first aggie game last year and highly unimpressed. I sat about 10 rows back from the aggie bench on the 40 yrd line and was asked by aggie fans to sit down so they could see.... in the first 5 minutes of the game. Pathetic. Even in the second half (miss st game), when Prescott was leading the bulldogs back, you people sat on your butt in silence. You are the fan base that when you win, you're noticed. When you don't win, you put your gear away. You have a whole side of rich, pampered, unappreciative fans on one side of your stadium and put the students on the other side. What a game day experience.... I was neutral and I had more involvement in the game then anyone around me so it would make sense why you complain about our food at concessions. In Columbia, we don't really care about the food, we care about the game. I think our attendance record, even during poor seasons will speak to that. That's what makes us the most loyal fans in college football. (yes, slightly biased.) As for making the comment about our traditions and mainly "sandstorm", seeing that I guess that it is the only tradition we have, how about a&m's? You guys boast about about the Dixie chicken!!! It's a western themed bar that serves chicken sandwiches and has a pool hall for college kids at northgate and that's the coolest place to go after hours. neat. You do realize the 12th man wasn't actually started at a&m right? How about your loud and proud cadet cult? Not even half of your cadets go into the military. For the most part, it's a bunch of college guys who want to reap the social benefits in college station and pretend they are a part of something much bigger than what they really are. They are a slap in the face to real cadets who go on to actively serve. So take your "aggie pride" and go back to cowtown usa and stay there The world is obviously not worthy of your presence. Gig em....
GarnetArmy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:31 AM   #88
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

I honestly didn't even notice the A&M fans the entire game and I sit just a few sections from the visiting section. Probably the quietest SEC fans, except maybe Vandy and UK, that have ever come to Williams-Brice. I've noticed much more from the shit they've talked on this board for weeks and their trashing of our state on the statehouse steps than anything at the game. Their yell practice seems about as effective as our fall practice for the defense. Neither showed up on game day imo.

Congrats on the victory. You've got a lot to learn about class. You don't walk into someone's house and start talking shit and expect to get respected. Texas fans were right about y'all all along. Complete trash.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:03 AM   #89
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Stand on our state house steps and talk about Sherman burning the city and you don't expect to get crap?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #90
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

This fu**** is just trolling us. There is no way in Hell you can criticize our tailgating just because it is not on campus. You were in the fairgrounds and must have sat in your 82 kia the whole time because we have tons of over the top tailgaters and tons of stuff going on for everyone. This is the first time I have ever heard an opposing fan say that we are lacking in that dept. As for the crowd I mentioned in the other thread where you were smack talking on our board that we rarely get up and crazy over teams that the majority of our fanbase things we are going to smack in the face. Many of us didn't give your team a chance to win so didn't even bother going in until near the end of the 1st and by that time the game was over because we had abandoned our gameplan which gave us no chance.

I am ignoring you on the site so that I never have to hear of your Clemson a$$ again when I sign in to read about MY team.. You are a troll that I bet has never even been to Columbia South Carolina on a gameday. Nice job collecting opinions of others that may or may not have gone to a game in our stadium that don't care for us and are bias against us but you are the equivalent of dirt.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:09 AM   #91
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Troll
Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #92
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Wait - they referenced Sherman and the city burning during their hollering practice? Can someone confirm - I haven't thought straight since I just read that part.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #93
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Wait - they referenced Sherman and the city burning during their hollering practice? Can someone confirm - I haven't thought straight since I just read that part.
What I heard multiple times but I can't find video
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #94
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Right...good justification to be jackasses.

At least we see each other in the same light: we're taters/Clemson folk, and you are a rung below LSU. I'll go to Bama, Auburn, and Miss St this year and re-rank then.
That crap won't fly in two years time on the statehouse steps. Not without someone getting hurt. I hope your fans realize this and change the location.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #95
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Johnathan rush rolling up in the wcos crusher blasting sandstorm was pretty funny til the cops made him leave
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:21 PM   #96
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Johnathan rush rolling up in the wcos crusher blasting sandstorm was pretty funny til the cops made him leave
Columbia's finest.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #97
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I'm so concerned about aTm fans thinking some of our students have no class

/s
I am, we've long been considered a classy fan-base, we've been considered a classy lot for a state. Idon't want to be shoved between UGA and LSU in terms of being classless.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #98
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

Quote:

Highs

* Campus is very nice.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Class

I'm afraid I have to agree with most of my fellow Gamecocks here.....

You got such a "rude welcome" into town because of the classless non-sense you started before you even got here.

Weeks ago, before you even set foot here, Gamecock fans received reports that you Aggie fans would be hosting your midnight yell/Childish little pep-rally at OUR State House.

That was a problem and a "first shots fired" from day one...

You see, many teams come into town, conduct pep-rallys, have gatherings, etc., etc., and it isn't a problem. #1, because they do so and keep to themselves and be respectful. #2, it is usally done where their team is staying or in a area designated for "away" fans.

But no, not you.....you decided to do it on the steps of our State House. Our crown jewel symbol for this city and state.
....And then proceeded to make jokes about Sherman burning and bombing it, of which many South Carolinians lost their lives during.

......If you can't see that makes you public enemy #1 and a classless $hitbag, in the eyes of all Gamecocks, then I have obviously mistaken your fan bases' intelligence.

To me having Gamecock fans and students yell at you with "F" words was taking it easy on your arrogant Texan/Holier than thou fan base.

....You won, congrats, but my friend I promise you, you have just began a brand new war, and payback will be forthcoming!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #99
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

This thread was almost dead, but I feel like commenting so here goes:

To the OP,

1) I don't know what you were expecting... If y'all want to come talk trash at our state house to breed a new rivalry then go for it, but don't expect a red carpet. Our fans almost never yell at Clemson fans like that- you reap what you sow, and y'all's stunt was just as classless and it was unprovoked... Texas wouldn't exist as we know it if there weren't some brave men from SC willing to die over there 150+ years ago.

2) Despite similar numbers to College Station, it and Columbia are vastly different sizes because of weird SC annexation laws that skew the demographics, all the cities in SC are much smaller on paper than in reality. For all intents and purposes Columbia is basically a city of over 1 million people... Don't worry, I have to explain this to pretty much everyone that is surprised how big Columbia, Charleston, and Greenville are- and even some people that live here.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #100
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
It's interesting that you think our student union is nice. It's actually crap and hasn't had any major work in over 30 years. USC is in desperate need of another one and is looking at plans to do so.
It had a lot of work done to it around 2006-2008, I think. It isn't great by any stretch, but the dining facilities and the bookstore got some serious upgrades around that time.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote