CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
b381l
TheUniversityofSC
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1416)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1240)
Huge recruiting week (1202)
TV?? (1198)
Big George Statue (935)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (756)
Fly_over tomorrow? (692)
**USC vs. South Alab (587)
Awful Shooting Conti (580)
No Shave November (579)
Scholarship Lounge Buffet
**USC vs. South Alabama G
TV??
Awful Shooting Continues
Huge recruiting weekend
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Big George Statue
Na'ty Rogers
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
2 Carolina/Clemson tix fo

Old 08-31-2014, 12:14 AM   #101
TRBTB
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TRBTB has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Looking ahead to UGA

I would take the UGA running corps over what quite a few NFL teams have to offer.
TRBTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #102
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Defense needs to be watching wisconsins defense. They look pretty damn good
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:26 AM   #103
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne09 View Post
Defense needs to be watching wisconsins defense. They look pretty damn good
yes they do. I predicted they would beat LSU. game is not over, but its not looking good for the tigers.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #104
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
yes they do. I predicted they would beat LSU. game is not over, but its not looking good for the tigers.
Very true
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:39 AM   #105
JustABigOldCock
Walk On

Male

JustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his claws

The CVS closest to our campus is going to need to stock up on Anal Ease the night before.
JustABigOldCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #106
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
Well, I guess Dabo will have to cancel his plans to hire a permanent joke writer.

WE ARE STILL THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE EAST!!

That title would belong to the team that finished the season ranked #4 in the nation last year, would it not?

You guys are talking like a bunch of jackwagons living in mamby-pamby-land.

Our tackling problems will be corrected by the UGA game and we'll shut Gurley down, just like we did to another UGA Heisman prospect a few years back.

Gurley will have to throw away his Heisman Trophy acceptance speech draft that begins, "First of all I would like to thank Dabo Sweeney, who started the ball rolling for me...".

This thread is suffering from ED.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:02 AM   #107
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

UGA can kill us but we don't know exactly how it will pan out. Let's hope anm is really good and you know what they say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2 if we are fixed this week we have a chance if not well....
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #108
kckdawg
Walk On

Male

kckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Upright View Post
we have the players to compete week in week out. especially againt Gurley and the 4 horseman. the problem is the coaching. they just dont coach them up. we play without passion, no team leaders on defense, and zero mean-ness. im sorry, but... i think Spurrier made a huge mistake not hiring Stoops when he had a chance. our defense will cause Spurrier to retire earlier than he planned. i might sound negative but i see the future unraveling. besides Botkin... the defensive coaching is bad. like really bad. i feel sorry for coach Ward because he's such a nice dude and he loves his players. that man is in way above his head.
Please don't take this the wrong way. UGA has fans just like this who think the sky is falling every time we lose or the team doesn't perform to expectations. But you are talking about a coaching staff that has delivered four years of excellence you have never seen before in your history. If they aren't coaching them up, what did the others do?

33 wins in 3 seasons is not something that comes easy. And look at your recruiting classes, they were very good, but not top 5.
kckdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #109
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Upright View Post
we have the players to compete week in week out. especially againt Gurley and the 4 horseman. the problem is the coaching. they just dont coach them up. we play without passion, no team leaders on defense, and zero mean-ness. im sorry, but... i think Spurrier made a huge mistake not hiring Stoops when he had a chance. our defense will cause Spurrier to retire earlier than he planned. i might sound negative but i see the future unraveling. besides Botkin... the defensive coaching is bad. like really bad. i feel sorry for coach Ward because he's such a nice dude and he loves his players. that man is in way above his head.

So our coaches had nothing to do with the last 3 years, you know the 3 best in USC history...
Latti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #110
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Why would we look ahead to UGA? Our next game is against ECU.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #111
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

On a side note, has anyone else noticed how many new "gamecock" fans are starting threads? As in lots of fans who joined the board this month? Pretty amazing, right?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #112
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Why would we look ahead to UGA? Our next game is against ECU.
The outcome of the ECU game has nothing to do with fans discussing a different game...the team is who needs to not look ahead to UGA. I've never seen a team lose due to what fans were discussing on a message board.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #113
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
On a side note, has anyone else noticed how many new "gamecock" fans are starting threads? As in lots of fans who joined the board this month? Pretty amazing, right?
Gogamecocks forum shut down a few weeks ago...
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #114
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

We could send some naked girls with a bunch of alcohol to Gurley's room the night before the game here.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #115
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
The outcome of the ECU game has nothing to do with fans discussing a different game...the team is who needs to not look ahead to UGA. I've never seen a team lose due to what fans were discussing on a message board.
My point is even fans should be much more concerned with ECU than UGA right now considering the offense we'll see on Saturday will be similar to the one we just showed an inability to stop. Even though the talent level will be vastly different, we should be discussing how we think our defense will be able to stop the next offense it faces. Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow (next week in this case), because today has its own.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #116
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
We could send some naked girls with a bunch of alcohol to Gurley's room the night before the game here.
It's nice of you to volunteer.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #117
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
UGA can kill us but we don't know exactly how it will pan out. Let's hope anm is really good and you know what they say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2 if we are fixed this week we have a chance if not well....
that's true. the problem may be that UGA will be improved in that time frame as well. they looked good, but they also had some things during the game that need some attention at practice this week to get cleaned up. I'm not sure how many here watched the whole game, but even though the freshmen looked great, they had some missed assignments on offense. like Sony running the wrong route 2 different times when he was supposed to be getting the ball, and Jeb doing the same on one play.

that's just the other side of using talented freshmen and should improve weekly.

the thing that I noticed the most was during the second half the UGA secondary really tightened up their coverage and helped the pass rush by making Cole hold onto the ball a little longer.

gonna be an interesting game.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #118
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

I would say L Ward is going to be out coached but he will be against DOBo. But our players will be sucking wind chasing those running backs
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #119
TRBTB
Walk On

Male

TRBTB has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw00132 View Post
I would say L Ward is going to be out coached but he will be against DOBo. But our players will be sucking wind chasing those running backs
I think you guys are going to be at quite a talent disadvantage heading into this game. Once Georgia realized they just need to run the ball every play they blew us out. That UGA Defense is a lot better than it was last year when it started the season. I think they are a legitimate playoff contender at this point in the season. It will be interesting to see how Spurrier counters Pruitt.
TRBTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #120
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

If we really need to focus on ECU we are horrible and shouldn't be in any SEC discussion. I was at the game Thursday and I've never saw a USC defense perform that bad but hopefully they can get it somewhat better with film and hone it a little against ECU. I honestly think Clemson killed themselves last night with coaching and play calling. The Clemson O line blew UGA off the ball every snap. Clemson kills themselves not running the ball. I guess that's fine because it helped us win 5 in a row against them. That game should have been within a field goal.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote