CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
5lbYardcock
The Vent and Coachin (8070)
Disturbing comments (3166)
2015 schedule is bru (2389)
UF lets Durkin go (2109)
2015 Early Enrollees (1667)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1100)
SOS...a day late &am (1083)
The U ends apparel d (724)
Bobo to Colorado St? (707)
Keeping it all in pe (389)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs
Default Season expectations

Met my folks for dinner up here and they are PSU fans. We chatted a bit about both of our games and my dad asked, as expected, what happened to my Gamecocks. I just said we simply as good as we thought we'd be, to which he pointed out we were picked to win the SEC East.

Now, as I stop to think about it, I am wondering why. When you really think about it, the only proven entity we had coming into this season was Mike Davis, and even he was a bit of a wild card due to his durability issues as the season wore on last year. Aside from that, everything else was really unknown. Dylan had good game experience, but with mixed results. We all knew our defense was a huge question mark. I suppose it was assumed the OL would be great (for some reason). I suppose much of the expectations were simply based on the assumption that everyone coming back would be better than they were last year?
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Season expectations

This season won't be as good as the last 3 years. Maybe we can get a new defensive coordinator out of this year.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw00132 View Post
This season won't be as good as the last 3 years. Maybe we can get a new defensive coordinator out of this year.
You created a username to post this?

Lol.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Yes I did because I want voice my concerns about our defensive coordinator.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudlyCockyGuy is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw00132 View Post
Yes I did because I want voice my concerns about our defensive coordinator.
Do you really think Whammy is leaving after one bad game, or even a bad season? I don't.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Old 08-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

The defense is very young, even the LB's that we were feeling so good about are mostly redshirt or true Sophomores. We had to move our starting Safety to CB and start a true Freshman on the other side. A&M were able to exploit that with quick passes and misdirection. The defense will get better with time so the offense had better put up points and eat the clock until the defense can start playing with unity if we are going to have a chance. ECU is going to try to do the same thing next week so Ward had better figure something out quickly.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote