CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
gamecockgal
l^l^lBGCock
A. Pilgrim
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
thekob
ktguen
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
Tired of night games (1923)
Luginbill says ECU s (1471)
Cooper (1391)
Next years RB situat (1283)
20 of 31 former play (1256)
What the heck is up (1237)
Coach Elliott pregam (1236)
Well, as it turns ou (1094)
Been a pleasure talk (988)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (770)
A serious question for th
Wake Forest recruiting...
CBS Sports Meathead crew
2015 - Roquan Smith
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Tired of night games
Quarles is a Colt!
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
No Gurley near the goal l
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 08-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #121
Badazcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Badazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Looking ahead to UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Gogamecocks forum shut down a few weeks ago...
They shut down because ppl were complaining about the political forum..The Obama supporters were getting called out over his bad leadership and the next thing you know the PF was closed..6 months later..The whole site..Hope I didnt bring politics into this thread..GO GAMECOCKS...( boy do I pray we do)

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #122
jonick
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

Uga offensive line and their technique gives any of their running backs a chance for success..give credit to the offensive line..TaM offensive line was one of the best in the SEC. UGA offensive line was going against Clemron's defensive line and even got in the second level at times.. Is that UGA line that good or Clemson Defense that bad or a combination of both....Same can be said for our game with Tam. You are judging our performance against Tam to be similar with UGA or anybody else..just don't work that way. Remember last year Clem beats Ga..Ga beats us.. and we beat Clemron..based on some thinking we would have lost to Clemron...but we didn't .. there is hope of improvement and I'm one who hopes it happens and don't run scared at our young players not adjusting to SEC speed quickly enough..or how physical this game really is at this level.. Here's hoping..
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #123
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Upright View Post
we have the players to compete week in week out. especially againt Gurley and the 4 horseman. the problem is the coaching. they just dont coach them up. we play without passion, no team leaders on defense, and zero mean-ness. im sorry, but... i think Spurrier made a huge mistake not hiring Stoops when he had a chance. our defense will cause Spurrier to retire earlier than he planned. i might sound negative but i see the future unraveling. besides Botkin... the defensive coaching is bad. like really bad. i feel sorry for coach Ward because he's such a nice dude and he loves his players. that man is in way above his head.
Botkin!!! Are you kidding??? Dude, look, just because people predicted our LBs to be good, doesn't mean they are. Sure Skai led the team in tackles and INTs last year but he's not even starting now. Most teams MLB leads the team in tackles and the fact that he had the most INTs has nothing to do with coaching and if anything, speaks volumes about our secondary. I'm not sold on any of our assistant coaches after that performance save for maybe JR and Robinson. Yes, its a sad day when the special teams is actually a bright spot but considering how awful they've been, that's not saying much either. At least it looks like we can punt the ball further than 35yds.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #124
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Upright View Post
No... Ellis Johnson and coach Lawing are the ones who made our defense great. Coach Ward was blessed with some good players that covered up his pooR/average coaching skills. Really think about that. This team is in trouble... I really hope spurrier at least fires Deke. I would make Ward a recruiter. Hire the best defensive coordinator money can buy. My money... I would hire the DC from Oklahoma st.
Im assuming you're confused?
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #125
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Right now I am concerned about ECU who has a 5th year senior at the helm.
bobbycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #126
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

I have watched gamecock football for over 35 years and that is the worst defense I have ever seen. Something has to change or we will not win many games this year, IMO. Very disappointed.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM   #127
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Right now I am concerned about ECU who has a 5th year senior at the helm.
Which is something no one is talking about. He easily throws for 350+.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #128
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

worry about ECU, a solid team and should they beat us.....
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #129
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
worry about ECU, a solid team and should they beat us.....
If we lose, I'm taking a break from CT. Have pity on the mods.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #130
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
I have watched gamecock football for over 35 years and that is the worst defense I have ever seen. Something has to change or we will not win many games this year, IMO. Very disappointed.

It was bad, but not the worst I've seen. Two words...Richard Bell
granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #131
Badazcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Badazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
On his show today, Spurrier noted that that was the worse since he has been here..

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote