CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
doubledribble
pitchcock
GarnetSwarm1990
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
MountainCock
thumpin big
Busta out indefinite (2092)
SOS says his next st (1772)
Our Road Upset Wins (1573)
CBSSports SEC predic (868)
Our Defense? (837)
No easy road for our (679)
University of Buffal (563)
Michael Sams done in (360)
SEC Football Legend: (330)
Party like it's 1903 (327)
Why is everyone anticipat
Anyone Making The Trip?
CFN prediction for auburn
2016 Thon Marker
Our Defense?
Bama @ Tennessee
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Roll call for Auburn
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom

Old 08-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #61
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Leave Dylan in, let him grow into it. Fix the damn defense. In fact, whining about quarterback play has to be the most ignorant thing I can imagine. While it wasn't perfect it is not our problem. It's like your house has lost its foundation and you are whining about the color of the siding.
THIS!!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #62
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Who else wants to see Connor Mitch play significant snaps against ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
Then don't give them credit for winning any game in the past either, if we're strictly going on the last game.

You can manipulate it any way you want, but we have really good coaches. Just didn't work out the other night. Whammy was a genius at the end of last year, now he's an idiot again and spurrier cant coach a QB or put the best players on the field even though we had 433 yards of offense.

That logic is not logical.
We played much worse than 433 yards and 28 points suggest.
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #63
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

Here we go again
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #64
CockyBidget
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 445
CockyBidget has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
THIS!!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #65
CockFest
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000
CockFest has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Thank the good lord I am not the only one who feels this way. I must say I feel it is Spurrier holding them back but from what I heard his offense is hard for a guy to grasp at first.
Can someone please explain to me what is hard to grasp about a Spurrier offense?

Truly curious.....
CockFest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #66
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

The only Connor that I would want to see at QB right now is Shaw! With all the problems we already have with our D and apparent nonexistent running game, why add to the mix by inserting a newbie at QB? Back-ups at all positions need to get in at some time but I think that it is just a bit early in the year to start a science project.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #67
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFest View Post
Can someone please explain to me what is hard to grasp about a Spurrier offense?

Truly curious.....
Go ask Manziel. He is obviously having a hell of a time trying to get the zone read down.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #68
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

I'd like to see him only if we are up 21 or more points in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Dylan needs live game reps to work out some kinks as well.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #69
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

Isn't Mitch a pocket passer like DT? If he doesn't provide a change of pace, then I don't see the point.

How about let's blow out ECU and then bring Mitch in to play the 4th?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #70
Cocky Doodle
Gamecock 4 Life

Male

CockyCash: 125833
Cocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I at least want to see what Connor Mitch wants to brings to the table.

Thompson has no zip on his deep balls and just lofts them up. Its the reason Nick Jones got nailed in the endzone at the end of the 2nd half and the reason he threw the pick in the 3rd. Also Thompson showed poor decision making and sailed several easy balls over open receivers heads.
I do. 3 main reasons:

1) For our rush offense to be effective - the qb must keep the ball on occasion. Mitch would do that more often. Dylan only kept it once the other night.
2) Mitch needs live game experience asap incase Dylan were to be injured or something.
3) We need to be more effective passing on the short and mid yardage routes. Several times we had receivers open but Dylan would either not look at them and throw long (that 3rd and 1 play for example which we should have just rushed anyway but Shaq was wide open for 10 yds up the middle) or Dylan just simply missed on the throws, way over throwing.

I hope Dylan calms down some. He is trying to hit a home run every play. Same pattern as last year. During the summer he recognized that and spoke that he had addressed his approach to the game. He needs to take what they give you. But in any case, it would be interersting to see what we have with Mitch. I would give him a series or 2 in the 1st half to see how he does and go from there.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #71
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

I mean i wanted to see him last game when we were getting crushed, i thought that would have been a good time.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #72
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I at least want to see what Connor Mitch wants to brings to the table.

Thompson has no zip on his deep balls and just lofts them up. Its the reason Nick Jones got nailed in the endzone at the end of the 2nd half and the reason he threw the pick in the 3rd. Also Thompson showed poor decision making and sailed several easy balls over open receivers heads.
Thompson threw that ball perfect and it should have been caught for 6, Jones like Cooper earlier in the game caught the ball with his body and not his hands letting he contact separate him from the ball!!
Thompson did not play perfect and I have no problem seeing Mitch play but the defense cost us that game, throwing deep on 3rd and short did not help the D nor did the consistent overthrows but Thompson settled down and played well enough to win if the defense could of stopped a 3rd down. Thompson threw for over 350yds, 4 TD's and 1 pick while completing 50% of his passes, so you think the defense will play better for Mitch?
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #73
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Doodle View Post
I do. 3 main reasons:

1) For our rush offense to be effective - the qb must keep the ball on occasion. Mitch would do that more often. Dylan only kept it once the other night.
2) Mitch needs live game experience asap incase Dylan were to be injured or something.
3) We need to be more effective passing on the short and mid yardage routes. Several times we had receivers open but Dylan would either not look at them and throw long (that 3rd and 1 play for example which we should have just rushed anyway but Shaq was wide open for 10 yds up the middle) or Dylan just simply missed on the throws, way over throwing.

I hope Dylan calms down some. He is trying to hit a home run every play. Same pattern as last year. During the summer he recognized that and spoke that he had addressed his approach to the game. He needs to take what they give you. But in any case, it would be interersting to see what we have with Mitch. I would give him a series or 2 in the 1st half to see how he does and go from there.
Please tell us what makes you think Mitch would tuck and run more or quicker than DT, Mitch is a pro style QB who you will be hard pressed to find any rushing stats on but we will take your word for it??????????????
Old 09-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #74
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I think Connor Mitch should get meaningful snaps, I watch Alabama play 2 Qbs today, Clemsux, etc. He should get some whether we are ahead or not. If that will actually happen, remains to be unseen.
Yeah, SOS has never played 2 QB's.....Did you watch Alabama do anything else you would like us to do, they had one QB with pass attempts but that is irrelevant huh?....lets hope it remains to be unseen....
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #75
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
It's not really me, or anyone I think saying Thompson sucks, it is getting ready for next year. No one thought to play either Mitch, Noso, or Orth this year because of inexperience. Well, here is the perfect time to give the future of our team experience, but yet, no one wants to give them the dang ball.
Calm down we have played one game and in your last post you wanted a FR to play QB because they might surprise you, stop talking out both sides of your mouth!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #76
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
How did we lose McElvoy? He is looking great against LSU. Wish we had him. Dual threat and all that...
LMAO 8-24 for 50yds and 2 INT's, your cred is shot!!