CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Seladen
usc1
PageUSC
Latti
JerseyBird
thumpin big
Cockypantherfan
kabercr2
looks like we have 2 (1328)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (834)
Beat Miami (557)
Decommitment from Te (451)
Garcia and Clemsux T (416)
Frank Martin's Game (393)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (388)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (353)
Need a dog kennel (134)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (113)
looks like we have 2 OL r
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Beat Miami
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Mark Fields

Old 08-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #101
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
This thread was almost dead, but I feel like commenting so here goes:

To the OP,

1) I don't know what you were expecting... If y'all want to come talk trash at our state house to breed a new rivalry then go for it, but don't expect a red carpet. Our fans almost never yell at Clemson fans like that- you reap what you sow, and y'all's stunt was just as classless and it was unprovoked... Texas wouldn't exist as we know it if there weren't some brave men from SC willing to die over there 150+ years ago.
I'm not trolling anyone. Students, and msg board folks like yourselves, feel that it is okay and justified to treat us like shit because someone decided to have midnight yell at your Capitol. Your students came out and went the low route and tried to start a fight until the Columbia police told them to GTFO and move to the side. By the way, I didn't even realize the police could force them over. I mean...it should be freedom of speech or whatever for all parties, not just the Aggies to occupy the steps.

Now some (not all) of y'all are just bitter that we spanked your asses. When I mentioned that a lot of students cursed at us, the only response I get is:

"We're proud of our state history! You damn right that's what yer gonna git!"
"Git er done!" ...okay, I made that one up.
"F*ck off! you deserve it".

Come on...give me a break. My wife didn't deserve to be told to get the **** out of Columbia, nor did the parents of another girl we spoke with. It is just ridiculous. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, having 2500+ Aggies come to Columbia is worth quite a bit of $, and maybe the idiots on these message boards don't get it, but no one benefits from people being jack asses. It's fun to have a rivalry and some dislike, but being ugly to people just give you guys a bad reputation, which it sounds like some of you want anyway (it is SC pride!).
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #102
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
I'm not trolling anyone. Students, and msg board folks like yourselves, feel that it is okay and justified to treat us like shit because someone decided to have midnight yell at your Capitol. Your students came out and went the low route and tried to start a fight until the Columbia police told them to GTFO and move to the side. By the way, I didn't even realize the police could force them over. I mean...it should be freedom of speech or whatever for all parties, not just the Aggies to occupy the steps.

Now some (not all) of y'all are just bitter that we spanked your asses. When I mentioned that a lot of students cursed at us, the only response I get is:

Come on...give me a break. My wife didn't deserve to be told to get the **** out of Columbia, nor did the parents of another girl we spoke with. It is just ridiculous. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, having 2500+ Aggies come to Columbia is worth quite a bit of $, and maybe the idiots on these message boards don't get it, but no one benefits from people being jack asses. It's fun to have a rivalry and some dislike, but being ugly to people just give you guys a bad reputation, which it sounds like some of you want anyway (it is SC pride!).
First, you are probably lying. Why should we believe you when you are obviously so far gone in your assessment of our game day atmosphere and tailgating environment.

As for your yelling, get used to it being interrupted. The rest of the SEC are not going to put up with it either. This is the SEC and the fans are very passionate. Ours was all in good fun, but some of the other SEC fan bases will not be as kind as our people.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #103
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 514
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

The only thing ill say and its been said already....it was a 6 pm start on Thursday and the crowd was dead. Arkansas doesn't compare to the noise. But there is one variable....yall brought a ton and i mean a ton of fans. Now do you think that just maybe just maybe took away from the crowd noise and its normal level? Of course yall did a great job of quieting us quickly as well. Glad you enjoyed your visit for the most part. Maybe, we will meet again this year but honestly I dont think either of us makes it to Atlanta.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #104
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
First, you are probably lying. Why should we believe you when you are obviously so far gone in your assessment of our game day atmosphere and tailgating environment.

As for your yelling, get used to it being interrupted. The rest of the SEC are not going to put up with it either. This is the SEC and the fans are very passionate. Ours was all in good fun, but some of the other SEC fan bases will not be as kind as our people.
Yazoo...I don't even care about it being interrupted. I welcome it. If i could choose, I would have preferred something without "**** you aggies", but, whatever.

And what am I lying about?

Here are the reports from TexAgs folks...

Quote:
I wasn't in Columbia for long since we were running late. Their stadium location, pregame tailgating, and parking were horrendous. I thought the game atmosphere was good. They were loud at times. They just don't have much. All they did was Sandstorm and Go Gamecocks. We're still in Charleston. That alone is worth the trip!
Quote:
Charleston was 5 star, just day tripped to Columbia and the first thing that struck about the stadium was that it was not real nice place to look at however I was not on a tour of architecture! I had no issues wat so ever with fans but then again I am a fifty year old fuddy duddy that smiled really big no matter what was said. The campus tour was nice and welcoming but it's hard to talk trash to an old man I guess
Quote:
Alums were cool, students were asses
Quote:
The Op is correct, I loved Charlestown and the Blue Marlin and Marriott were nice but the students were terrible! The girls were the worst and when I go back, I'll stay away from the bars.
Quote:
There were two extremes. Some fans (usually older) were welcoming and asked about the team and the drive. Students completely sucked The drunk girls were definitely the worst. It was absurd. Cock students would talk about how classy and southern they were, but the tech comparisons are spot on.
Quote:
Same experience. The olds were nice but the students were *****s. Columbia was meh. The traffic getting to the stadium about 2.5 hours before kickoff was by far the worst I've been in for a football game.

As others have said, Charleston was cool.
Quote:
I will admit, they were very very quiet when we were on offense. Most of that energy was probably sucked out of the air just from our first drive, but this still shocked me.
Quote:
Everything about the trip was meh at best. As others have said, the stadium/tailgating/pregame setup was terrible. Tailgating could have been better if it wasn't so hot perhaps, but with all of that asphalt and no shade, it was unbearable. The bars before the game were all Aggies and the bartender said they are never full before games. Even without their fans (discussed below), I doubt I ever go back. No reason to with other much better road game choices.

The fans were pretty bad. I don't mind trash talk, but it was all mean-spirited if that makes any sense. This place has zero history with us, and all I heard was aggies suck, f you, don't wear that shirt around here, etc. None of it was creative, informed or in good nature. Basically it was the polar opposite experience than what we had at Auburn, Ole Miss and Arkansas. Leaving the game wasn't bad since their fans all just kept their heads down and mouths shut, but I can only imagine how bad it would have been if they would have won.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #105
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not trolling anyone. Students, and msg board folks like yourselves, feel that it is okay and justified to treat us like shit because someone decided to have midnight yell at your Capitol.
Here is the key point OUR state capital, you Texicans fired the first shot at us long before even crossing South Carolina Sacred Soil, it was blatant disrespect to our state, you Faggies want a war, well guess what you got one now. Too bad the insults were that calm you douchebags deserved a lot worse. Bringing up Sherman's Burning in Columbia should have gotten their asses beat right there on the State House grounds.

Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #106
gblack
Walk On

Male

gblack has hatched from the shell

So nice Williams Brice is a very nice stadium. I would rather play in Williams Brice any day of the week rather then play in that Rodeo Rink in College Station with a bunch damn ROTC Boys blowing on a F-ing bugle. Go Cocks
gblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #107
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

Is it that hard to comprehend that it was a freaking workday game? Gee, I wonder why traffic was horrible?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #108
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscnoklahoma View Post
Is it that hard to comprehend that it was a freaking workday game? Gee, I wonder why traffic was horrible?
The traffic was awful after the game. Half of the USC fans bailed by the end of the 3rd quarter. Yet, somehow, it still managed to take 2+ hrs to get out of the stadium and surrounding streets.

Quote:
you Faggies want a war, well guess what you got one now
Haha. Some of you guys really do sound like idiots. By the way, I wasn't cocky prior to the game, and thought I was being fairly respectful of our chances and odds that we win (I even said 25% chance of winning).

However, now I should point out...it isn't much of a war when one team imposes their will and physicality over another. No one saw that lop-sided defeat coming. A&M simply looked like a much better team, and Spurrier said as much. I don't anticipate USC being *that* much better where it can be considered a war.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #109
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yazoo...I don't even care about it being interrupted. I welcome it. If i could choose, I would have preferred something without "**** you aggies", but, whatever.

And what am I lying about?

Here are the reports from TexAgs folks...
None of those comments came from a thread about our fans on texags.com that I looked at. In that one they were all complimentary with an exception or two.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #110
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

I'm not going to go down the road some posters are....Columbia is not the nicest, WB is not the nicest, the stadium is not in the nicest part of town because space is at a premium. Now Aggie can you think of any logical reason for this to be the case? Asking why things are the way they are might get you a nicer response. Whether you know it or not we've come a long way. We have tons to improve but it takes time. I'm just glad you didn't come 10 years ago...it really was bad then.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:35 PM   #111
SlimM
Walk On

Male

SlimM has hatched from the shell

Cocks...please don't let a few bad apples ruin your impression of A&M. Aggie fans generally have a great reputation among opposing fanbases.

Ags...please don't let a few bad apples ruin your impression of South Carolina. Gamecock fans generally have a great reputation among opposing fanbases.

SlimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #112
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Here is the key point OUR state capital, you Texicans fired the first shot at us long before even crossing South Carolina Sacred Soil, it was blatant disrespect to our state, you Faggies want a war, well guess what you got one now. Too bad the insults were that calm you douchebags deserved a lot worse. Bringing up Sherman's Burning in Columbia should have gotten their asses beat right there on the State House grounds.

Truth.

Eff a damn fAggie.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #113
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I live 25- 30 minutes from the stadium. It took me 45 minutes to get home. Maybe if you hadn't been a douche some of our fans could have told you how to work traffic it wouldn't have taken 23rd plus
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #114
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
The traffic was awful after the game. Half of the USC fans bailed by the end of the 3rd quarter. Yet, somehow, it still managed to take 2+ hrs to get out of the stadium and surrounding streets.

Haha. Some of you guys really do sound like idiots. By the way, I wasn't cocky prior to the game, and thought I was being fairly respectful of our chances and odds that we win (I even said 25% chance of winning).

However, now I should point out...it isn't much of a war when one team imposes their will and physicality over another. No one saw that lop-sided defeat coming. A&M simply looked like a much better team, and Spurrier said as much. I don't anticipate USC being *that* much better where it can be considered a war.
Just leave.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #115
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

Unbelievable. I cant believe there is traffic when over 80,000 people are together in a 10 mile radius, all leaving at the same time. My mind is officially blown.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #116
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

Ill be sure to piss in the middle of the star on the texas flag at the statehouse in texas next year.

We appreciate the money, I also appreciate the fact that you had a terrible time and still contributed to our local economy. Jokes on you dickhead. A football win doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of life, but the money you gave us will help a lot. I hope the next time you come to Columbia you have a worse time and someone takes a dump in your hotel room bed.

Normally I wouldnt say something like this. BUt you are an absolutely obnoxious individual. Enjoy being taken over by Cartels. dont expect South Carolina to help this time.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #117
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

I was really disturbed when sitting near about 40 aggie fans, most all were men. They seem to jibber stupid crap that anyone speaking English can't understand. I was REALLY disturbed to see and hear grown men yell that loud. They have extremely strong throats. Then I looked down to see a solid group of men cheerleaders and it started coming to me.............. It was a sausage factory. To the OP....... You didn't see Carolina football. You and I witnessed the worst defense I've ever seen at USC. Normally we would shut that offense down. Your defense...... Our offense looked like crap without Davis healthy and barring a dropped pass in the end zone and missed field goal they put up 40. Your defense sucks as well. TAMU didn't impress me at all. The suckiness of our team as a whole to start the year did surprise me. That's my observation of the strong throated men from the west and our team this year.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #118
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^Spot on, aTm is truly a sausage fest.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #119
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

If the fans that posted their poor impressions are the norm after this game, then it should result in fewer of them returning in 2 years. How about you, Evan Aggie? You coming back in 2016 after your horrible experience here?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #120
GSC2013
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

I agree with all who said the Statehouse stunt was over the line. I have no idea what things in the Big12 were like, but SEC cities are extremely defensive bout their home states and football teams. And, history shows, South Carolinians are a bit rebellious and easily set-off haha.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote