CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4345)
USC/clemson spread (2100)
Bowl projections (1626)
In case no one saw.. (1532)
Why has there been 4 (858)
Odell Becham Catch (853)
A little late to the (735)
No excuse for the D (686)
Tiger Burn (569)
Good Omen for Saturd (456)
College Football PSA (urg
Rebutting Dabo's Rant
Shaq Roland
The Defense
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses

Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #701
Badazcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Badazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his comb
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

IMO Shaw would be a better selection than JF ..Shaw is a leader..Johnny M is an "I got this" kind of guy.....You dont need a guy that thinks he is all that. TEAM is what Shaw is about..NEVER once did I see Shaw claim HE was the one that WON A GAME..

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #702
Badazcock
Blue Chip

Male

Badazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his comb

SOS better be burning up the phones finding a team for THEE SC GAMECOCKS best QB ever to find him a spot!!

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #703
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badazcock View Post
IMO Shaw would be a better selection than JF ..Shaw is a leader..Johnny M is an "I got this" kind of guy.....You dont need a guy that thinks he is all that. TEAM is what Shaw is about..NEVER once did I see Shaw claim HE was the one that WON A GAME..
But he was. It's evident now how much Shaw, Clowney and Hampton meant to the team last year.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #704
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Bob McNair should be getting Shaw for the Texans. Their qb situation is horrible
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #705
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badazcock View Post
IMO Shaw would be a better selection than JF ....
But you're not writing the checks and you're not getting paid big $$ to find ways to win in the toughest league on the planet.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #706
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
This is pretty much exactly what scouts and critics said about Russell Wilson a few years ago.
Despite being two inches shorter, Wilson was a better NFL prospect than Shaw. The comparison isn't legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I've got an even better activity for you. Why don't you tell me the three worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL, and argue that they are better than Connor Shaw.

Let's start with Ryan Tannehill. Argue that he is better than Connor Shaw.
I hope you're joking. I'm not a huge Tannehill fan, but he's not even close to being one of the three worst quarterbacks in the league.

In addition, he's significantly better than Shaw. If you subbed Shaw in for Tannehill this season, the Dolphins would struggle to win 4 games.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:44 PM   #707
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckYoAnklez View Post
Please tell me how Hoyer and Manziel are better "NFL" QB's?? Manziel will NEVER have a completion percentage over 55% in a season, he will not be able to run around like he did in college.. It's the NFL, Manziel isn't a good QB, he's a good football player. If you can show me otherwise, I'd love to know, and don't mention his college stats.. Tebow had nice college stats too, we all saw how that panned out.. Hoyer played 3 good games last year before he got hurt, so I guess that shows he's a better QB, huh? Connor Shaw is just like Russel Wilson, IMO Wilson is just a little more athletic, Shaw is accurate and completes his passes at a pretty high percentage, he's very decisive, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, very smart player!
The Shaw-Wilson comparisons are desperate. Wilson is a much better quarterback and NFL prospect. Shaw is a better athlete.

There's a reason Manziel was a first round selection and Shaw was an UDFA who's likely to end up on a practice squad. No GM would have taken Shaw over Manziel in this draft or right now.

Shaw was awesome for our school and competed hard every single game, but the NFL isn't the University of South Carolina. Shaw's going to have a much harder time paving a long career in the NFL simply because he's not the mold of a starting or backup quarterback. He's got to get much better as a passer.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #708
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Bob McNair should be getting Shaw for the Texans. Their qb situation is horrible
this looks out of the question now. The Texans have officially traded for Ryan Mallet.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #709
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post

I hope you're joking. I'm not a huge Tannehill fan, but he's not even close to being one of the three worst quarterbacks in the league.

In addition, he's significantly better than Shaw. If you subbed Shaw in for Tannehill this season, the Dolphins would struggle to win 4 games.
You're not following directions. I asked for specific reasons why Shaw is not as good as Tannehill.

My guess is you can't provide any because you just speak in generalities, like "this person is better than that person because I say so". You have a very low sports IQ.

And anyone who thinks Tannehill is better then one of the worst quarterbacks in the league is obviously a big fan
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #710
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Grossman just got cut by the browns, maybe they sign shaw to the 53 man roster? Lol
Old 08-31-2014, 07:19 PM   #711
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/08/31...ad-candidates/
Old 08-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #712
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Connor not signed yet and the Browns have signed 5 to practice squad.
COCKYWOOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #713
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Maybe he is holding out?
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #714
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You're not following directions. I asked for specific reasons why Shaw is not as good as Tannehill.

My guess is you can't provide any because you just speak in generalities, like "this person is better than that person because I say so". You have a very low sports IQ.

And anyone who thinks Tannehill is better then one of the worst quarterbacks in the league is obviously a big fan
E.J. Manuel, whoever Oakland's QB ends up being (Schaub), Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Shaun Hill (Rams), Bryan Hoyer, Matt Cassell, Jake Locker, Josh McCown, Chad Henne.

That's 10 starting QBs that are pretty definitively worse than Tannehill at this point in time. There are a number of other QBs I'd take him over as well.

This is a good piece of analysis explaining what makes Tannehill a good QB. By PFF's grading system, he had the 5th best season of any QB last season.

Among the reasons I'd take Tannehill over Shaw: better size, arm, athleticism. And he's proven it at the NFL level with a mediocre at best supporting cast in Miami.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #715
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-rex-grossman/

They have too many other needs to carry three qbs on the active roster. So they probably better carry a guy on the practice squad.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #716
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Just a guess, but that could mean he has not cleared waivers yet. All teams have to pass on the waivers, so he may be held up by a team. SI said he was tops on the PS list for the Browns.

Quote:
Connor Shaw Leads Browns Practice Squad Candidates
http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/08/31...ad-candidates/

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #717
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Got a feeling his agent will be fielding calls for a few more hours.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #718
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Connor Shaw signed to Browns Practice squad

Tajh Boyd is still waiting on a call back from Ruby Tuesdays
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #719
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Connor Shaw signed to Browns Practice squad
Hell yes !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #720
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Hell yes !
Sadly he'll just rot there for 2 years and get cut again.