CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
taylorssc
Travelin
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Interesting quotes from D
Have you ever been so wro
Gamecockology Helms
Official Charlotte Hornet
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
What does it take to win?

Old 08-31-2014, 02:24 AM   #41
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Williams??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Maybe Shon Carson shows something in practices that he just can't translate to games. That's my only idea as to why he's even seeing the field.
Carson looked exactly the same to me.......I don't get it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:26 AM   #42
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Maybe Shon Carson shows something in practices that he just can't translate to games. That's my only idea as to why he's even seeing the field.
the problem with KO in practice, they don't run them live......SOS doesn't want anyone to get hurt.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:37 AM   #43
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
the problem with KO in practice, they don't run them live......SOS doesn't want anyone to get hurt.
Last year Florida was destroyed by injuries. UGA was a monster against us last year but after that game UGA was severely weakened by injuries for several games. They got some players back last part of the season.
The season lasts over 3 months. Part of winning in the SEC is not losing too many players. We lost Davis and Matulis in the last two weeks.
We lost players on the D side too. There were other players who transferred that I really thought could help us this year. I think coaches may have misjudged who they ran off.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:19 AM   #44
gearhead302
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 734
gearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his combgearhead302 is developing his comb

they really need to put williams in and see what he can do saturday. Seems like a humble kid who want badly to be on the field
gearhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:24 AM   #45
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
It has probably been said but UGA played 4 backs today, 2 of which are true freshman. No reason why we can't give carries to Williams.
Spurriers decision and DO NOT tell him he is wrong!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 AM   #46
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You are closer to the team than me what is wrong with Jasper Sasser? Should he not be able to do returns yet?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #47
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

It seems like almost every other team gives playing time to highly regarded true freshmen on offense but us (skill positions). I realize my mind is exaggerating it, but as has already been mentioned, UGA played four running backs including two true freshmen. Williams is now a redshirt freshman and didn't get a single carry? I'm confused.

People will say we were too far behind to worry about trying to run the ball and Williams's pass protection leaves something to be desired, but I think that's garbage. We should have tried to sustain drives when we were down by 10 by lining up in the I and running fresh backs out there. If it failed, so what, we lost anyway. Also 10 points is far from insurmountable and doesn't warrant going to the chuck - and - hope offense. We went to the run when we were down by 10 at UCF.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #48
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhugh View Post
There are plenty of reasons why he didn't play.

1. He is fourth on the depth chart and because we were down and had to throw as much as we did, there simply weren't enough touches to go around.

2. His lack of experience probably led SOS to fear a fumble, something we couldn't afford with the porous defense giving up scores on every possession.
given the two choices, the one many fear is true, the above vs the alternate... overlooked given the situation or due to inexperience, hope for the alternate.

Being a bit irritated with SS, if this is the case, is likely justifiable but even still hope, for what ever reasons, SS simply overlooked and underused a legit talent. otherwise he is 4th on a depth chart in which #1 is injured (and has been for while), #2 is ordinary and #3 is Carson.
boness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #49
BandofCocks
Walk On

Male

BandofCocks has hatched from the shell

I hope to see Williams get the majority of the carries against ECU. It drives me crazy to see Nick Chubb contributing as a true freshmen for UGA, meanwhile we're playing Shon Carson who hasn't contributed anything besides one good run against Florida last year.
BandofCocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #50
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Any predictions on David Williams in the Furman game?

I think Mike Davis will start and Brandon Wilds will play little (if at all). But who comes in next David Williams or Shon Carson?
Old 10-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #51
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcc4usc View Post
Since Spurrier has been here he seems to favor tenure over talent. Why did we see Wilds and Carson but no Williams? Wilds did OK, Carson is too small. But all I heard for the past year was Williams was a four star yet he never saw the field. Is he hurt? If I had one gripe about SOS since he has been here is he never plays all the running backs or lets any of them get in to a rhythm. We have depth why not use it?

Guess my biggest question will be has Williams been so bad that he can't play or is this SOS being to loyal to upperclassmen while neglecting the more talented underclassmen?
I thought Carson was about the same size as Mike Davis.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #52
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4203
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Any predictions on David Williams in the Furman game?

I think Mike Davis will start and Brandon Wilds will play little (if at all). But who comes in next David Williams or Shon Carson?
HOPEFULLY:

MD28 for the first qtr
Shon for the 2nd & 3rd qtrs
D Will in for the 4th
Brandon will rest(heal) up for Aubbie
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #53
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm guessing that if we are dominating, Davis will exit after getting about 100 yards, Wilds will play only if close to fully healthy, and Williams will be next up, splitting carries with Carson. We might see Potter, Talley, and Paulk with carries, also, late in the game.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #54
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
HOPEFULLY:

MD28 for the first qtr
D Will in for the 4th

Perfect game for Davis to really boost his stat numbers, so that they looked good to NFL scouts. Davis should easily get 150+ yards rushing in this game. Once he hits that mark, he'll most likely sit himself out.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #55
BSlocs
Banned

Female

BSlocs has hatched from the shell

Quote:
HOPEFULLY:

MD28 for the first qtr
D Will in for the 4th
Would much rather see Williams get a bunch of carries than Carson.
BSlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #56
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSlocs View Post
Would much rather see Williams get a bunch of carries than Carson.
I would too but SOS may let Shon get more carries as a "Thank you" for sticking with it.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #57
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Perfect game for Davis to really boost his stat numbers, so that they looked good to NFL scouts. Davis should easily get 150+ yards rushing in this game. Once he hits that mark, he'll most likely sit himself out.
I have a feeling if the Defense can keep the Furman O off the field in the first qtr, Mike D will have those 150+ yds by the second stanza!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #58
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
HOPEFULLY:

MD28 for the first qtr
D Will in for the 4th
Reverse Shon and D Williams and I can go with that.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #59
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Reverse Shon and D Williams and I can go with that.
I would prefer to see Williams over Carson as well, but Carson has earned some playing time.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #60
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We should not throw a single pass until the game is in hand. Our OLINE+RBs should have a literal field day
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote