CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
crowcutta
2014 Subway Classic: (2192)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1735)
Former Gamecock root (1513)
Franks boy's are pla (1426)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (751)
Bruce!!! (675)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (638)
Kentucky is dominati (606)
Question for those w (530)
Decommitment from Texas A
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing

Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #721
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
You're not following directions. I asked for specific reasons why Shaw is not as good as Tannehill.

My guess is you can't provide any because you just speak in generalities, like "this person is better than that person because I say so". You have a very low sports IQ.

And anyone who thinks Tannehill is better then one of the worst quarterbacks in the league is obviously a big fan
Go to a forum outside of a Gamecocks sports forum and tell them that Connor Shaw is a better NFL quarterback than Ryan Tannehill. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

With all due respect, it's a terrible sports opinion to think Tannehill is worse than Shaw, let alone a bottom three quarterback.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #722
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Yes!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #723
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Nah, he'll bust his ass, learn the NFL, & play on Sunday..
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #724
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Go to a forum outside of a Gamecocks sports forum and tell them that Connor Shaw is a better NFL quarterback than Ryan Tannehill. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

With all due respect, it's a terrible sports opinion to think Tannehill is worse than Shaw, let alone a bottom three quarterback.
Have you seen Tannehill's stats? You defend him like he's a good NFL qb. I did go outside and I couldn't find anything good about him. So it is safe to say that Shaw is probably at least as good as Tannehill. Articles state that this is the last year that the Dolphin's are giving him a chance. They stuck with him this long just like Cleveland will stick with Manziel, because they want to save face on a high draft pick.

He was ranked 13th out 16 in the AFC and 26th in the whole NFL by rating. So you might be correct when you say he's not in the bottom 3, but he's definitely in the bottom 6 or 7 and one of those QBs below him last year was Eli so we'll just say bottom 5. This year the pundits have his power ranking at 26 again, so...

NFL DC:

Quote:
"To me, he is a manager of the game, a guy where if everything is right, he is OK," the defensive coordinator said. "We didn't fear him. I don't think he has the strongest arm, the best release. When you ask me about guys, I think about how I have to game plan against them. Am I afraid of them?"
Quote:
In other words, he has thus far been a below-average quarterback.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/f...or-break-year/

Last edited by Cockadoo; 08-31-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 PM   #725
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
Sadly he'll just rot there for 2 years and get cut again.
You don't know that....why do people post stuff like this?

Congrats Connor for making the PS and extending your dream of playing in the NFL.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 AM   #726
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Have you seen Tannehill's stats? You defend him like he's a good NFL qb. I did go outside and I couldn't find anything good about him. So it is safe to say that Shaw is probably at least as good as Tannehill. Articles state that this is the last year that the Dolphin's are giving him a chance. They stuck with him this long just like Cleveland will stick with Manziel, because they want to save face on a high draft pick.

He was ranked 13th out 16 in the AFC and 26th in the whole NFL by rating. So you might be correct when you say he's not in the bottom 3, but he's definitely in the bottom 6 or 7 and one of those QBs below him last year was Eli so we'll just say bottom 5. This year the pundits have his power ranking at 26 again, so...

NFL DC:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/f...or-break-year/

You don't know much about football. It is fairly apparent in your ignorant statements.

The dolphins had very few top WR on their squad before Wallace. They lost dustin keller in preseason. They had no running game to lean on. Their offensive line issues are well documented. The o line gave up more sacks than any other team.

I don't know that it is all going to be solved this yr, but tannehill is a good qb and certainly better than Shaw. There is a reason Shaw is on the practice squad. I love the kid and his heart. Ive heard nothing but good things. I how he gets a real shot. Just stop before you dig a deeper hole though.

Last edited by evan_aggie; 09-01-2014 at 12:24 AM.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #727
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
.... but tannehill is a good qb and certainly better than Shaw.
Ryan has certainly gotten better since he first came into the league. Our hope is Connor can find a way to do the same.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:36 AM   #728
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Connor!!!!!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #729
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Ryan has certainly gotten better since he first came into the league. Our hope is Connor can find a way to do the same.
I got that troll on block don't be quoting him so I can see it. Why is he still on our site?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:35 AM   #730
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
You don't know that....why do people post stuff like this?

Congrats Connor for making the PS and extending your dream of playing in the NFL.
The browns would sign Tom Brady and trade him just to make money, they don't care about winning man.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #731
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
You don't know much about football. It is fairly apparent in your ignorant statements.

The dolphins had very few top WR on their squad before Wallace. They lost dustin keller in preseason. They had no running game to lean on. Their offensive line issues are well documented. The o line gave up more sacks than any other team.

I don't know that it is all going to be solved this yr, but tannehill is a good qb and certainly better than Shaw. There is a reason Shaw is on the practice squad. I love the kid and his heart. Ive heard nothing but good things. I how he gets a real shot. Just stop before you dig a deeper hole though.
Seeing as you seem to be lost. Here's a bit of help for you.

http://texags.com/Forums

Pack your shit and GTFO. You've way overstayed your welcome and that's pretty damn rude.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #732
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:

Myself and some many others apparently.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #733
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Connor Shaw signed to Browns Practice squad

Outstanding!

Quote:
Browns sign former Gamecock great Shaw to practice squad

Connor Shaw will remain in the NFL as part of the Cleveland Browns practice squad.

The former South Carolina great, who signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent but was cut from the team's 53-man roster over the weekend, has been inked to the organization's practice squad, according to various media reports. "Thrilled to remain with the Browns and continue to play the game I love," Shaw tweeted Sunday night.

NFL teams can keep as many as 10 players on a practice squad. Players on practice squads practice alongside members of the regular roster during the week, but cannot play in games. They are also free agents who can be signed by other teams at any time.

Shaw ranked among the Gamecocks' greatest quarterbacks after compiling a 27-5 record as a starter that included an unbeaten mark at home. He threw a touchdown pass in the Browns' first exhibition and played in Cleveland's final preseason game, but was the odd man out in a crowded quarterback situation that also included starter Brian Hoyer, high draft pick Johnny Manziel, and recently-acquired veteran Rex Grossman.

Source: P&C: http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...practice-squad
Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #734
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Ex-USC QB Shaw gets 2nd chance with Browns

Greenville News

Quote:
One day after cutting him in order to get down to its 53-man roster, the Cleveland Browns signed Connor Shaw to their practice squad.

The Browns have only two quarterbacks on its 53-man roster, Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel. The team originally kept veteran Rex Grossman as well, but cut him earlier on Sunday.

Shaw announced his excitement via twitter.

"Thrilled to remain with the @Browns & continue to play the game I love!"

Shaw played extensively in only one Cleveland preseason game, completing eight of nine passes for 123 yards and a late 45-yard touchdown in a 24-23 loss to the Washington Redskins.

Shaw, the winningest quarterback in South Carolina history, is a native of Flowery Branch, Ga.

Former USC standout defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles, who also played at Greenwood High School, was signed to the New England Patriots 53-man roster one day after being released by the New York Giants.

Former Gamecocks offensive lineman Ronald Patrick was signed to the Dallas Cowboys practice squad, while cornerback Jimmy Legree was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.

Former South Carolina center T.J. Johnson made the Cincinnati Bengals 53-man roster on Saturday.
Source: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/stor...quad/14919751/
Old 09-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #735
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I think Cleveland really wanted Shaw all along knowing that he makes a damn good insurance policy when Johnny ****up gets hurt or indefinitely suspended. They will have someone who knows the playbook better than their superstar and can plug him right into the depth chart.
I really think Connor won't be on the practice squad for long. It's just a matter of time. Glad he is still there getting paid.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #736
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

kingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervous

Connor is in the cat bird seat right now, if you stop to think about it.
  • He gets paid
  • There's plenty of time to learn how to play at the NFL level without having to live up to the hype like JF
  • He will make the Browns defense better and earn the players' and coaches' respect at the same time
  • The Browns lead off with the Steelers, Saints, and Ravens this year, so he will be exposed to some of the better defenses in the league.

Pettine says there's no plans for a 2-QB system one week, then the next week says it's on the table. The Browns don't really know what they want, so Connor can just stay in his foxhole and wait for the smoke to clear.

What Andrew Luck did his first year was uncommon. Most rookie QBs just have to take what they can get until something opens up.

Connor will continue to learn and improve. At the very minimum he won't have the BS to deal with next year during the pre-season.

The Browns will be a 4-12 team this year unless a miracle happens. They will be in disarray if Connor gets activated to play this season. He will be better by then and will pull the offense back together just like he did here.

So he can't really lose right now.
kingofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #737
mako
Recruit

mako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his clawsmako is sharpening his claws

Browns plan on Shaw being on the practice squad, and next year Shaw will be the back up for JF...Browns putting money on JF as the franchise qb...One qb goes down...Shaw gets activated!
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #738
TheLovettFinger
Walk On

Male

TheLovettFinger has hatched from the shell

So Shaw can get activated at anytime from the practice squad to the active roster right?

TheLovettFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #739
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

So he gets paid a min $6,000 weekly to practice but is still considered a free agent and can sign with other teams. Not a bad gig.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #740
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Shaw is in a good spot to get PT with Cleveland. Grossman is gone after this year, and Hoyer is terrible. JF is the QB1 in waiting, and running QB's tend to get hurt. that being said, Connor gets hurt a lot as well.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote