CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
Latti
usc1
Seladen
PageUSC
thumpin big
ZenUSC
Cockypantherfan
**USC vs. Clemson GA (1471)
looks like we have 2 (1420)
Beat Miami (597)
Decommitment from Te (498)
Garcia and Clemsux T (438)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (430)
Frank Martin's Game (412)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (375)
Cleveland Browns Hea (200)
Need a dog kennel (152)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Cleveland Browns Headshot
looks like we have 2 OL r
So, why is next year goin
Beat Miami
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Mark Fields

Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Scout1975
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Scout1975 has hatched from the shell
Default Fail Forward

Long time fan and season ticket holder. As frustrating as the first game was and as upset as I initially was, there’s a distinct opportunity that exists now, to fail forward. Failure may not feel good, but it’s often an essential part of success.
“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
My point, many of life’s failures are because people didn’t realize how close they were to success and they gave up. Gamecocks don’t give up, by nature they fight to the end! I have faith that our players and coaches will do just that. The story has only been started, it's up to them how it ends, as a fan, I'll be around either way!
Scout1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Spurific
Blue Chip

Male

Spurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervousSpurific is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Fail Forward

Nicely put

Spurific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Fighting until the end is what it's all about. When the other team does the same, and they are more talented, it's hard to pull one out.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Very nicely put
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

I would have loved to have seen a win last Thursday. It would have been awesome for us. I earnestly hope that it is true about the virtues of a team getting punched in the mouth. TAM showed no fear of us and we gave them no reason to do so. Getting your azz dragged up and down the field by a team you should at least play competitively against is a humiliating and, hopefully, transforming experience. My hope is that we can look forward to a pissed off bunch of Gamecocks for the rest of the year. Always and forever - Go Cocks!!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
TheShelbySensation
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

We SHOULD fail forward.

More than likely, we'll sh*t and fall back in it though.

JK
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

I agree. If this was going to happen, game 1 is a good time to do it.

All some of these people are focused on is right now, cant reason with them either. Stupidity at its finest.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

If you fall seven times then you should get up eight. That is the point, to try.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
GSC2013
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

I said the same thing. Teams who have long term sustained success NEED the occasional wake-up call ass kicking. Its those things that makes the 4/5 star players keep working as hard as a walk-on. If things are too good for too long...guys get cocky and complacent, and all those little things and all that work and effort that made them great...they don't do as much.

So, hopefully this will kick them back into the attitude they had after the Auburn 2010 SEC champ game beating, which they followed up with a 3 year run of 11-2.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

unfortunately, this wasn't just us crapping the bed in random games like we usually do. This was our defense getting exposed that our defense basically has no secondary and pass rush. It'll take more than a year to correct.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote