CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
B-G
Travelin
U-Dub Gamecock
2014 Subway Classic: (1519)
Former Gamecock root (866)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Props to Eric Hyman. (708)
Franks boy's are pla (590)
Four USC Basketball (577)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (344)
Bowl packages (338)
My early Monday dinn (278)
Chance of my lifetim (192)
My early Monday dinner .
So, why is next year goin
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
The Vent and Coaching cha
Franks boy's are playing
Going to the Duck Bowl?
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
Question for those who ha
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC

Old 08-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #41
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?

No chance in hell we beat them. Only have a 50/50 shot at beating ECU.
BlueEagles06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #42
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
No chance in hell we beat them. Only have a 50/50 shot at beating ECU.

Why don't you go ahead and jump on the dawg bandwagon then?
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #43
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

We have a chance to win every game we play.

For God's sake its not like we're Kentucky. We've recruited well, we have good coaches, they'll do their job and get it figured out and we'll be very competitive and win some games.

Stop being a bunch of f***ing retards. Grow some balls and be a man about a loss. I swear this board has so many vaginas on it after a loss.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #44
wincocks84
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Our offensive line looked better than Clemson's and I have to believe that we will find a way to move the ball against their D. This will be the only way we beat them imo. A score on every possesion. As for our Defense. I think we need to play 4 or 5 down linemen. I know our secondary is weak, but they will have to play man. No zone, No prevent.Jam the line for the run and get some pressure in the back field on passes.
wincocks84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #45
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Our offensive line looked better than Clemson's and I have to believe that we will find a way to move the ball against their D. This will be the only way we beat them imo. A score on every possesion. As for our Defense. I think we need to play 4 or 5 down linemen. I know our secondary is weak, but they will have to play man. No zone, No prevent.Jam the line for the run and get some pressure in the back field on passes.
I like the idea of four or five linemen. Using the 3-4 I saw Thursday scares me. I think Gurley and Co. will gash that formation.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #46
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
We have a chance to win every game we play.

For God's sake its not like we're Kentucky. We've recruited well, we have good coaches, they'll do their job and get it figured out and we'll be very competitive and win some games.

Stop being a bunch of f***ing retards. Grow some balls and be a man about a loss. I swear this board has so many vaginas on it after a loss.
Now having said that, Gurley looked super last night. IF we can find a way to win on the defensive line then we have a great shot to win that game. UGA didn't appear to be strong on defense again (second half they played good, I think Clemson is in trouble on offense more than UGA is great in defense). We should be able to score, we just have to play solid defense, especially in the red zone.

They'll get yards, they'll score some, we just have to play and hope we come out in the end on top. Hopefully get a turnover or 2. Theyre a very good team though.

WINNING

Old 08-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #47
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
I like the idea of four or five linemen. Using the 3-4 I saw Thursday scares me. I think Gurley and Co. will gash that formation.
Ward even said preseason that Georgia will be a 4-3 alignment. You have to use it if you want to stop that running game.

The 3-4 just isn't my fav. Alabama ran it well in years past but even they have struggled recently.

WINNING

Old 08-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #48
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

GamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot material

I would say yes if I had seen anything good defensively..we have ALOT of work to do in a very limited amount of time to even stay in the game with uga..i really hope they can turn things around as soon as possible
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #49
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ward even said preseason that Georgia will be a 4-3 alignment. You have to use it if you want to stop that running game.

The 3-4 just isn't my fav. Alabama ran it well in years past but even they have struggled recently.
I'm glad we will do a 4-3. In the 3-4 Thursday we got no push up front at all. That is the thing that scares me most about our D and their impact this season. Getting pressure on the QB and backfield was a huge key in our success the last few seasons.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #50
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Especially after we lose to ECU.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #51
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Especially after we lose to ECU.

Here is a fine example of the stupidity floating around this board

WINNING

Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 PM   #52
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
What's so stupid about it? Nothing I have seen leads me to believe this team is capable of winning either of those games.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #53
rabid cock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100
rabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudly

Quote:
It's called losers mentality, and I am glad the team doesn't share the doomsday vibe of this pathetic thread.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #54
jboggs
Walk On

Male

jboggs has hatched from the shell

hey do u watch any other football games we will be ok and we will beat ga, we never start off good rember NC last year,navy should have beat OHIO STATE,SO YALL ARE THRHOWING US UNDER THE BUS AALREADY AFTER 1 GAME,ITS THE SAME TEAM THAT WAS SUPOSE TO WIN THE SEC EAST,NOW WE ARNT NO GOOD WHATS UP WITH THAT.JUST LET IT PLAY OUT WATCH IT
jboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #55
usc4lyf
Recruit

Male

usc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spurs

Maybe we shouldn't even show up . But I think we have more than a chance.
usc4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #56
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

If the defense plays well I like our chances. Linebackers must play there assignments and wrap up. Georgia's dbs didn't impress me against mike Williams. I think jones, Roland, Byrd, Anderson will be tough to handle all game long. Being at home will be huge as well so I'll take USC in a close fight 34-31. Also I think mason cracks under the pressure on the road in a loud wb late in the game.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #57
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

We will be fine. Jawja will get theirs.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #58
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

We have ECU this week. One game at a time.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #59
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

A shot, yes but not much of one.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:23 PM   #60
carolinagator
Walk On

Male

carolinagator has hatched from the shell

We can beat them but we will need to run a 7,6,5 defense to get it done
carolinagator is offline   Reply With Quote