CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
U-Dub Gamecock
mpilot0705
JerseyBird
NinjaSven
kingoftheroost
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
For Discussing The C (3636)
Question about after (2636)
Drew Owens missing? (2561)
Shaq Roland (1722)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1585)
clemson game time: N (1187)
FishFry 47-yarder (815)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
Mason Rudolph starti (427)
The Defense (407)
Na'ty Rogers
The Defense
Winston
2014-15 Premier League se
For Discussing The Clemso
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Senior Day RB Participant
Question about after the
Melvin Gordon - sets all
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 08-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Gamecocks claimed and re-signed to Practice squads

Looks like Quarles was claimed by the Patriots. Good deal.
Travian to Falcons PS. I didn't think he was eligible, but it'll work.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs
Default Re: Gamecocks claimed and re-signed to Practice squads

Well, good luck to Connor whatever he chooses to do!
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
gamecock ray
Recruit

Male

gamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spurs

Conner will get picked up by some team and they will benefit eventually.
gamecock ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Legree Cardinals PS.
Patrick Dallas PS as a center.
Maybe Shaw is negotiating with someone; Browns have named 7 to PS and picked up some players off waivers.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I knew these players should have stayed.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Congrats to all of the gamecocks..
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Shaw on Browns PS
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Shaw on Browns PS
Good for Shaw. Great for Browns. If things go South and he keeps picking it up (We know his work habits), he has a good chance to get elevated. I'm pretty sure they only kept two when Grossman was released.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

I think when they cut Shaw someone went to the head office and said,"What the @#$%?" It is very odd that they released Grossman days later taking themselves down to just 2 QBs then reclaim Shaw for the PS. There were quite a few QBs cut that they could have chosen from since they were 3rd in line, but they chose Shaw. That in and of itself should speak volumes for Shaw.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
I think when they cut Shaw someone went to the head office and said,"What the @#$%?" It is very odd that they released Grossman days later taking themselves down to just 2 QBs then reclaim Shaw for the PS. There were quite a few QBs cut that they could have chosen from since they were 3rd in line, but they chose Shaw. That in and of itself should speak volumes for Shaw.

Does Rex still get paid from the Browns?

It was a gamble but I think this makes sense if Shaw is making practice squad money versus the team having to pay him the league minimum and keep him on the active roster.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
Blackland
Banned

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

It frees up a slot for them to add another player as a reserve. If they need a 3d QB they can elevate Shaw and cut that reserve player. Saves a lot of money...
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post

Quarles is a patriot.

he received rave reviews through out Giants' camp and stood out in particular against the Patriots on Thursday. In fact, they were expected to try and sneak him onto their practice squad if he cleared waivers. Quarles was considered a very strong candidate to make the Giants final roster, but was pushed out in large part due to a very crowded defensive tackle depth chart.
In New England, Quarles could be a candidate to see snaps in four man fronts as a defensive tackle. He'll compete with the likes of Joe Vellano and Chris Jones for a spot on the 46-man active game day roster.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #13
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Notice no Victor Hampton in this so far. He needed to stay far more than Quarles but this years squad could have used both.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
It frees up a slot for them to add another player as a reserve. If they need a 3d QB they can elevate Shaw and cut that reserve player. Saves a lot of money...
Yep. They claimed 4 off waivers, and I guess they needed the space. They left PS slots open a long time, and I'm guessing they are still juggling and negotiating. I'm not sure if the unactivated "emergency" QB can be from the practice squad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw on the 53 man roster part of the year. Hard to sign an outside free agent to QB in the middle of the season to fill for injury.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #15
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Yep. They claimed 4 off waivers, and I guess they needed the space. They left PS slots open a long time, and I'm guessing they are still juggling and negotiating. I'm not sure if the unactivated "emergency" QB can be from the practice squad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaw on the 53 man roster part of the year. Hard to sign an outside free agent to QB in the middle of the season to fill for injury.

They will have Rex's number if they need him I guess
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #16
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Does Rex still get paid from the Browns?

It was a gamble but I think this makes sense if Shaw is making practice squad money versus the team having to pay him the league minimum and keep him on the active roster.
It was a gamble and I agree. But imagine if another team took Shaw. That would have forced the Browns to take another QB that had no idea about the playbook and essentially starting from day one. I'm sure there was some behind the door deals that ensured they would get Shaw because that would have been a big blow I think. And I'm sure they would have kept Grossman longer if they hadn't already had known.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:39 PM   #17
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Quote:
Notice no Victor Hampton in this so far. He needed to stay far more than Quarles but this years squad could have used both.
Broken record.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 PM   #18
Cockyteg
Banned

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

best of luck to all players

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #19
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I think Connor knew he was getting signed to the practice squad by his twitter comment after being cut. If JM is what Cleveland has planned for their future, Connor will be his backup till he takes his job,
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

My Titans just picked up Mr. Succop.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote