CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
U-Dub Gamecock
snruter amabon
b381l
wumarshall82
Spur's Addiction
Cockhornleghorn
Take-a-Knee
Regalcock
spareparts
Can it get any bette (1381)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1306)
Funny Golf Story Abo (1020)
I used to like bush (965)
Defense Tackles (927)
Boo This Man... (875)
georgia rewind... (743)
Stadium improvement (465)
Doniyah Cliney to si (438)
Stay focus (416)
Any way to watch the game
Gameday in Columbia
Winston
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Doniyah Cliney to sit out
Boo This Man...
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
**official Vandy predicti
Defense Tackles

Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #121
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
I agree with all who said the Statehouse stunt was over the line. I have no idea what things in the Big12 were like, but SEC cities are extremely defensive bout their home states and football teams. And, history shows, South Carolinians are a bit rebellious and easily set-off haha.
To me it doesnt even have anything to do with the SEC. This is my freaking state, and thats my freaking statehouse. Dont bring your bullcrap to an historic monument and pull some publicity stunt.

I wasnt a huge fan of Texas before this BS, the opinion hasnt gotten better. Bunch of cocky d-bags.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #122
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
I was REALLY disturbed to see and hear grown men yell that loud. They have extremely strong throats. Then I looked down to see a solid group of men cheerleaders and it started coming to me.............. It was a sausage factory. .
HAHA, I was sitting in section 509 amongst a few thousand A&M fans, and I thought almost the SAME thing!! For every 1 A&M girl fan, there were 15 guys.

And they ALL looked like that "Tweeder" character from Varisty Blues: Square jaw, slim, fit, perfect hair, tan. Looked like they wrestled cows at some point in life. They were very nice people, nothing bad to say about them. But "sausage fest" would be the perfect description.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #123
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
To me it doesnt even have anything to do with the SEC. This is my freaking state, and thats my freaking statehouse. Dont bring your bullcrap to an historic monument and pull some publicity stunt.

I wasnt a huge fan of Texas before this BS, the opinion hasnt gotten better. Bunch of cocky d-bags.
You're 100% right. It'd almost be like, for example, if Clemson went to Austin to play U of Texas, and went to their Statehouse, and started having a pep rally and talking shit about stuff like Waco and President Bush and other touchy subjects in that state's history. Just a bad look.

They could've gone to Harbison Boulevard and done that shit at the Texas Roadhouse.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #124
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

evan didn't evan come. he sat in moms basement on the internet.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #125
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
None of those comments came from a thread about our fans on texags.com that I looked at. In that one they were all complimentary with an exception or two.
The zoo is a bit a freak show like cockytalk. If you belong to premium you'll likely find more intelligent threads.

Dont get me wrong. I never had a bad experience with an alumn. It was just the students. I thought campus was nice and the town as well. It's not like my entire take is that USC was awful.

I just didn't like students telling women to **** off or suck a ��co*k. Imagine if an Aggie said that to someone's mom, daughter, wife. They won't by the way.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #126
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gregg View Post
Haha. Believe what you want man. I go to all the away games before we are saddled with kids and our lives are ruined.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #127
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Haha. Believe what you want man. I go to all the away games before we are saddled with kids and our lives are ruined.
Having kids will ruin your life? Boy you continue to sink to lower levels of douchebaggery.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #128
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Having kids will ruin your life? Boy you continue to sink to lower levels of douchebaggery.
I was being facetious. That is similar to sarcastic. Wait...still too big for you. Basically, i was joking that having kids ties you down.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #129
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
HAHA, I was sitting in section 509 amongst a few thousand A&M fans, and I thought almost the SAME thing!! For every 1 A&M girl fan, there were 15 guys.

And they ALL looked like that "Tweeder" character from Varisty Blues: Square jaw, slim, fit, perfect hair, tan. Looked like they wrestled cows at some point in life. They were very nice people, nothing bad to say about them. But "sausage fest" would be the perfect description.
It was very disturbing. I wonder if they had our guys on edge and scared by playing grab butt? Lol. Weird fans. I had to hear a fat guy blab on and on about what an aggie is, where " gig em" came from and on and on. He was nice but I really just wanted to tell him to shut up. My gosh you aught to have heard him yell............... Very disturbing stuff.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #130
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
The zoo is a bit a freak show like cockytalk. If you belong to premium you'll likely find more intelligent threads.

Dont get me wrong. I never had a bad experience with an alumn. It was just the students. I thought campus was nice and the town as well. It's not like my entire take is that USC was awful.

I just didn't like students telling women to **** off or suck a ��co*k. Imagine if an Aggie said that to someone's mom, daughter, wife. They won't by the way.
Lol....... A fat yelling moron of your was talking foul about the start of the first quarter until a guy jumped up and laid down some stern words that basically his yell hole was about to be short a few teeth, lol. You have some pissy fans just like the rest of us.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #131
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Lol....... A fat yelling moron of your was talking foul about the start of the first quarter until a guy jumped up and laid down some stern words that basically his yell hole was about to be short a few teeth, lol. You have some pissy fans just like the rest of us.
We all do yes..especially if they are lit.

I
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #132
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:

Yall have women, I never seen anything but boys in white unis?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #133
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

OP is a dumbass
Old 09-01-2014, 02:22 AM   #134
Dynomite
Walk On

Male

Dynomite has hatched from the shell

As a Texan, while we are very proud of our state, we are not nearly as proud of our state capital building (at least from having a pep rally standpoint). If you were to come to Texas, we would not view it as an attack on our state or our state history. I'm not saying that you need to change your perspective. I'm just saying that we had no idea the amount of irritation it would cause you. Yell practices are not like flash mobs where people just show up. There is planning involved in order to coordinate the number of people involved, cops to ensure order, and usually a permit. I don't believe it's as simple as just saying, let's move three blocks down the street. While I don't actually know this for fact, I like to believe that if we had known how upset this was going to make everyone, we would not have had it at your state capital. I personally thought it was a couple of people on a message board that were making an issue of it. It turns out, I as well as a bunch of other Aggies were wrong. I suspect that most of the Aggies at the yell practice don't read message boards and had no idea there was any controversy before it started. And on a final note on yell practice, just because we take it as some old fashioned ribbing we are giving you doesn't mean you will take it that way.

I guess the only good news is that it has planted the seeds for a long rivalry, but again, I think think this was a byproduct of our lack of understanding instead of a calculated move on our part.

Despite the tone of his note, I believe evan_aggie means well. While i agree a good portion of it was insulting, he probably isn't a horrible guy - he could just afford to brush up on his communication style and be a little less blunt on his true feelings. I don't know him, but I feel fairly confident that if an Aggie in college station were to be disrespectful to a visiting fan as he saw it, he would be the first person to go have a talk with the offending Aggie and apologize to the visitor. To be honest, I would probably do the same. I think his intent was to draw your attention to some areas that he felt might be of concern to you; however, it came across as you need to fix this or here is what is wrong with USC. If it were me, I would have told you what I liked and left it at that. As Aggies, we can influence our campus, but I would never tell you what to do on your campus. Telling a message board what I don't like is only going to upset people especially when the message board has no control over what he disliked. I also agree that he should have known that the way the game went affected the game day atmosphere.

Anyway, I rarely post but have been reading a lot. I felt like providing another Aggie perspective was needed. I hope some of you get to make it to college station next year. Maybe one of you can rile up texags by posting your unfiltered thoughts about your experience! I'll be there dragging my gamecock neighbor with me
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #135
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

You guys glance over my original post and miss things i already noted: it was a thursday game, and we scored quickly putting usc behind the 8 ball. Of course a saturday kickoff at 7pm with a close game at hand is going to be more crazy in the stadium. They shouldnt get mad though when someone tells them truth about their gameday atmosphere.

Did you read all of those posts about ppl ranking WB near the top of the sec? No one qualified it with... unless the kickoff is thursday at 6 or if we go down by 7 first. They almost had me believing it. I used to think Kyle Field was the loudest place. Then i went to LSU and and admitted i was wrong. I'm going to Bama this yr and will see how they are. ..

For the last time. ..I didn't have a single problem with an alumn. I think i said that too. I just felt that folks should know a big chunk of students were bottom feeding punks yelling at women and parents telling them to **** off or go **** themselves. Some people here think that is inappropriate. Others think that it is perfectly ok because someone decided to have a pep rally at the Capitol. Im sure the second group are as classless as those students.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #136
TRBTB
Walk On

Male

TRBTB has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
As a Texan, while we are very proud of our state, we are not nearly as proud of our state capital building (at least from having a pep rally standpoint). If you were to come to Texas, we would not view it as an attack on our state or our state history. I'm not saying that you need to change your perspective. I'm just saying that we had no idea the amount of irritation it would cause you. Yell practices are not like flash mobs where people just show up. There is planning involved in order to coordinate the number of people involved, cops to ensure order, and usually a permit. I don't believe it's as simple as just saying, let's move three blocks down the street. While I don't actually know this for fact, I like to believe that if we had known how upset this was going to make everyone, we would not have had it at your state capital. I personally thought it was a couple of people on a message board that were making an issue of it. It turns out, I as well as a bunch of other Aggies were wrong. I suspect that most of the Aggies at the yell practice don't read message boards and had no idea there was any controversy before it started. And on a final note on yell practice, just because we take it as some old fashioned ribbing we are giving you doesn't mean you will take it that way.

I guess the only good news is that it has planted the seeds for a long rivalry, but again, I think think this was a byproduct of our lack of understanding instead of a calculated move on our part.

Despite the tone of his note, I believe evan_aggie means well. While i agree a good portion of it was insulting, he probably isn't a horrible guy - he could just afford to brush up on his communication style and be a little less blunt on his true feelings. I don't know him, but I feel fairly confident that if an Aggie in college station were to be disrespectful to a visiting fan as he saw it, he would be the first person to go have a talk with the offending Aggie and apologize to the visitor. To be honest, I would probably do the same. I think his intent was to draw your attention to some areas that he felt might be of concern to you; however, it came across as you need to fix this or here is what is wrong with USC. If it were me, I would have told you what I liked and left it at that. As Aggies, we can influence our campus, but I would never tell you what to do on your campus. Telling a message board what I don't like is only going to upset people especially when the message board has no control over what he disliked. I also agree that he should have known that the way the game went affected the game day atmosphere.

Anyway, I rarely post but have been reading a lot. I felt like providing another Aggie perspective was needed. I hope some of you get to make it to college station next year. Maybe one of you can rile up texags by posting your unfiltered thoughts about your experience! I'll be there dragging my gamecock neighbor with me
As a South Carolinian, our State Capital is literally the most dysfunctional place in the whole state and it is usually the reason why our state gets such a bad wrap in the national press. The two chambers that meet there and ways in which the state leadership has behaved over the last 20 years is flat out embarrassing.
TRBTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #137
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

The thing on the State House grounds is the weirdest stunt I've ever heard of as far as traditions. When I first heard about it I thought Aggie fans were coming there to protest something. The State House has no more to do with the Gamecocks than it does to Citadel Bulldogs. Besides, all you really did was wake up a few bums sleeping in the shrubbery. People do live there you know!
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #138
NAGamecockFan
Philippians 4:13

Male

NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

There's no excuse for anyone to say that to a female. Or really a man for that matter. I think some on here are being overly sensitive because of the result of the game...
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #139
Badazcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Badazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervousBadazcock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gregg View Post
Really Gregg?? A "moms basement" comment?

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #140
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Welcome to the SEC. Not sure what you thought you were getting yourself into, but heres a protip: Don't go to Athens. Or Gainesville. If you think our students were mean, don't even bother going to other away games.

Also, don't come back to Columbia.