CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
taylorssc
Travelin
cocks are us
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2702)
Herbstreit on " (983)
SEC QB's in the Red (956)
Little know stat (We (932)
Gamecockology Helms (855)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (544)
Where do you like to (474)
We're going to the N (458)
Amelia Earhart Plane (258)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (201)
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Gamecockology Helms
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Name a Gamecock

Old 09-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #21
Texas_Aggies
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Texas_Aggies has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Gamecock football Long Term Future and the SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
Art Briles.
That is all.
And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't truly understand.
Texas_Aggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #22
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

He'd be great. But unless someone offers him Sumlin or Strong's job he's not leaving. Maybe not even then. He is in the state he wants to live in, he seems happy, so unless he has some longhorn itch to scratch why would he go?
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #23
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
im glad you did post ... i think you are 100% correct here.. i think i want someone who is going to make their name and establish a legacy here and not someone who made their name somewhere else first... i think we have the ad who understand that ... HBC has always been great and developing players but it would be nice to get some players who are 5* and can be developed to be superstars... we had Latti whose career unfortunate got cut short and Clowney who was great but beyond that we havent had a superstar QB (love shaw btw) or WR that was a complete game changer since alshon ... i just feel like our margin of error is beginning to shrink considerably when looking forward .. these next 2 years could really be a crossroad for the future of the program
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #24
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Dantonio and Briles are both already 58 which means they'd be in their 60s when SOS steps down (likely). I hope we can eventually find our own younger coach.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #25
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I personally feel we should have won the East the last 3 years but the fact we didn't might be a red flag to recruits and even potential fans that might be shopping for a team to support. We showed we can win but we HAVE NOT showed we can get over the hump and until we do so than this is going to be tough for us all to live through. WE have beaten the best on the field we have nemesis's we all know but we are capable and if there was a simple answer we would have figured it out and been champs by now but that is not the case.

Honestly I think we need to stick to our gameplan or never play another game and also a retooling couldn't hurt. I fear we all know what our obstacle to that is at this point but what he has done for us can not be denied and will block a potential brighter future but an otherwise unknown. We are in a tough spot right now if you guys catch what I am talking about I just wish that Spurrier would be open to bringing in an OC with some new ideas and thinking to work with him because I have been unhappy with decisions that have been made offensively for years now. Our defense has been more than serviceable to win us some championships but we haven't so what is the real issue?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:29 AM   #26
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
Dantonio and Briles are both already 58 which means they'd be in their 60s when SOS steps down (likely). I hope we can eventually find our own younger coach.
Young gun I like it!

Old 09-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #27
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Baylor just built Briles a new stadium and gave him a raise/extension. I don't see him leaving.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:44 AM   #28
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Briles and Dantonion are only 11 years younger than SOS. Assuming he hangs around at least 2 or 3 more years, they'd be 61 at that time. Which means we'd back in a few years looking for another coach.

I'd prefer if we could get lucky hiring a good assistant like UGA did when they hired Richt. Of course, we did try that with Brad Scott and it didn't work out so well. Funny...we hire FSU's OC for our head coach and he's a bust. The OC who replaces him at FSU gets hired and UGA and does great. Go figure.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:36 AM   #29
splinters
Recruit

Male

splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

Still a fan of dana holgorsen....comes from the briles, sumlin tree. He is definitely on the hot seat at wvu but i think he would be great at Carolina
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:07 AM   #30
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Jeremy Pruitt would probably be ready by the time hbc calls it a day. He has been in two very successful programs and looks to have uga defense going in the right direction.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:01 AM   #31
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

What frightens me is how fast Texas AM and Missouri have risen up as challengers in the SEC. Kevin Sumlin is doing what we all hoped Spurrier would be doing...attracting amazing QBs, receivers, and spearheading an offensive juggernaut. And friggin' Missouri is competing in the title game after two years? WTF. The SEC is scary competitive right now.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:18 AM   #32
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

To me our long term success depends on accomplishing the following:

1. Money- yes our revenues are going to go up with the SEC Network, but that is the case for everyone in the conference. We have to find a way to get more money into the athletic department and the University. A better University will lead to more successful alumni, more successful alumni will lead to more potential donors to the athletic department. The state as a whole needs to find a away to bring more businesses and more good jobs and as a result more money into the state. More money in the state will give our schools more money to improve the level of education they are providing and will also lead to better athletic facilities at the high school level which will lead to more SEC caliber athletes instate.

2. Coaches...our next coaching hire has to be a home run. A lack luster hire after Spurrier leaves will cause us to lose all momentum we have built under Spurrier. I don't see anyone on staff who fits the bill, and the problem with going with a coach from a smaller school is that we risk running into another Darrin Horn situation (disaster). We are likely going to have to poach a coach (at the very least OC/DC) from another big conference program and that is going to cost a lot (goes back to #1). Any coaching changes that are made until Spurrier leaves also need to follow this belief, we can't try to get a deal...we have to be willing to spend the money to get the best coaches.

3. Lock down the state of SC both in recruiting and beating Clemson. We are in a unique circumstance in the SEC regarding the state. None of the other small states represented in the SEC have to deal with a team from another major conference in state (except for Kentucky, but they only care about basketball). Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi all have two large schools in state but they are all in the SEC. We need to leave absolutely no doubt that this is an SEC state. The best way to accomplish this is to crush Clemson. We need to do this on every level, athletically (in all sports) and academically...we literally need to paint this state garnet.

In recruiting SC produces a lot of talent for such a small state, but it still isn't the amount of talent to fill two teams from major conferences plus the out of state schools who come in and poach talent. We need to lock down at least 75% of the top talent in state every year. According to rivals right now we only have 2 commitments out of the 6-4 star prospects in the state this year. Last year we only got 3 of the 9-4 star recruits and one of those didn't qualify. These numbers aren't good enough.

4. Recruit better. To compete for SEC and National Title we need to consistently be in the top 10, the teams we will have to face to get to that point are. In State and Out of State...we should expand our recruiting base also. The states that we target the most (SC, GA, FL, NC) are all targets for all/most major college programs. There is no excuse for limiting our recruiting base, especially in today's world where communication and travel are easy. Also by recruiting better I also mean we really need to cut back on the number of kids we target with academic issues. We had what 6 signees this year that didn't qualify? 4 or 5 of them were on defense, I don't know that any of them would have made a difference against A&M but they couldn't have hurt. The last time I checked the requirements to qualify aren't that difficult, if a kid can't even meet those requirements they are probably going to struggle a lot more in college, and it is going to effect their performance on the field.
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #33
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

lol you all realize even with winning 11 games the past three years, we've left a lot on the table. we can achieve more. hell, we won the east with only 9 wins. if we can make it to atlanta, we can win it. stop being so damn negative.

how can us winning the sec has past? our program is at a new level and better off than it was before. have to keep building...

As for Spurriers replacement whenever he decides to leave(hopefully no time soon!), I love what I have seen in Jeremy Pruitt. Guy wins everywhere and seems to have UGA going in the right direction on defense, still a lot to see though. Gary Patterson? He is still out there. TAMUs OC? Cam Cameron at LSU? Anyway, just some random names but Pruitt is one to keep and eye on even though UGA is his dream place to coach at. Would be hard to pull him out of there even for a HC job
Old 09-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #34
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

A lot of very good thoughts in this thread. One thing I disagree on and I absolutely hate it when I hear people say it, is the notion that once Spurrier leaves we're in trouble. That's just a bunch of bologna. Spurrier, while he's done wonderful things here, is far far from perfect. This program is capable of taking it to the next level and it can be done. You get a young, aggressive, and fiery coach who recruits 24/7 and we will do fine.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #35
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
lol you all realize even with winning 11 games the past three years, we've left a lot on the table. we can achieve more. hell, we won the east with only 9 wins. if we can make it to atlanta, we can win it. stop being so damn negative.

how can us winning the sec has past? our program is at a new level and better off than it was before. have to keep building...

We might be a different level now, but you are not looking at the rest of the East, everyone is getting better. We won our only East title when the East was at it worst since going to two divisions. Nothing wrong being an optimist but you need to be a realist as well.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #36
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscandy View Post
A lot of very good thoughts in this thread. One thing I disagree on and I absolutely hate it when I hear people say it, is the notion that once Spurrier leaves we're in trouble. That's just a bunch of bologna. Spurrier, while he's done wonderful things here, is far far from perfect. This program is capable of taking it to the next level and it can be done. You get a young, aggressive, and fiery coach who recruits 24/7 and we will do fine.

Well said. And SOS will help us get a new coach when he is ready to retire. I think we have a good AD for when the transition takes place. This may sound bad but we need to look at what the Bama's of college football are doing to continuasly grow their program and maybe mimic them just a little. It's just like two competing businesses between our program and others.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #37
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Just a couple of things to put out for you guys and this isn't smack, just facts. Briles is right where he wants to be and he was just locked into a very long term deal, might have even been 10 years, at least 6, but I really think it was 10. When the t-sips were looking this past year, Strong wasn't their top choice. Bi shocker right? They tried to get Saban, Franklin, and yes they even offered Briles. Rumor had it they even made a call to Sumlin. Briles is not going to leave Baylor for USC if he wouldn't for that job. He has a really good pull in Texas that goes back to the days he was at Houston and he is not giving that up to go somewhere and start over.
Also for those that are thinking you can just throw money into Texas HS recruiting it isn't that simple. These coaches take years to get in with and it is something that even Strong is struggling with now. Not to mention that there are already numerous schools trying to pull kids from Texas. A lot of these kids have parents that want to see them play and driving to Columbia, is a solid 20 hrs from Houston and at least a good 18 from DFW. Those are the closer areas too. Sure you might be able to pull one or two kids, but reality of it is one of the huge benefits for us in coming to the SEC was that now the kids from Texas that want to play in the SEC can do it from home now. LSU has seen a drop in their Texas footprint and so has Arkansas. Both of those places are reasonably close to Houston and Dallas, but after that it becomes a big burden. That is also why you don't see a lot of kids from even Central or West Texas going much farther, unless their parents have money and means to travel. It is even tough for some of the Texas schools to pull kids from out west and in the panhandle. Hell it is an 11 hour drive from El Paso to Houston doing 80 most of the way.
My point here is that Texas recruiting is going to be a very tough nut to crack. Your best bet would be to get refocused on SC, Atlanta, NC, and closer states to your school. Another thing that will help turn the program is to get a younger or "cooler" coach that these kids can identify with. I know people bag on Sumlin for playing rap music at practice and flying helicopters to go see recruits play, but the kids are EATING IT UP! Kids in this Generation Y are all about themselves and have been told their whole lives they can be or do anything. This has naturally given them this me first mentality. This has gone a long way to help jump start our program. Coupled with the move to the SEC and the instant spotlight from JFF and it was a perfect storm.
Sorry for the long read, but from the outside looking in, this is what I am seeing.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #38
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Just a couple of things to put out for you guys and this isn't smack, just facts. Briles is right where he wants to be and he was just locked into a very long term deal, might have even been 10 years, at least 6, but I really think it was 10. When the t-sips were looking this past year, Strong wasn't their top choice. Bi shocker right? They tried to get Saban, Franklin, and yes they even offered Briles. Rumor had it they even made a call to Sumlin. Briles is not going to leave Baylor for USC if he wouldn't for that job. He has a really good pull in Texas that goes back to the days he was at Houston and he is not giving that up to go somewhere and start over.
Also for those that are thinking you can just throw money into Texas HS recruiting it isn't that simple. These coaches take years to get in with and it is something that even Strong is struggling with now. Not to mention that there are already numerous schools trying to pull kids from Texas. A lot of these kids have parents that want to see them play and driving to Columbia, is a solid 20 hrs from Houston and at least a good 18 from DFW. Those are the closer areas too. Sure you might be able to pull one or two kids, but reality of it is one of the huge benefits for us in coming to the SEC was that now the kids from Texas that want to play in the SEC can do it from home now. LSU has seen a drop in their Texas footprint and so has Arkansas. Both of those places are reasonably close to Houston and Dallas, but after that it becomes a big burden. That is also why you don't see a lot of kids from even Central or West Texas going much farther, unless their parents have money and means to travel. It is even tough for some of the Texas schools to pull kids from out west and in the panhandle. Hell it is an 11 hour drive from El Paso to Houston doing 80 most of the way.
My point here is that Texas recruiting is going to be a very tough nut to crack. Your best bet would be to get refocused on SC, Atlanta, NC, and closer states to your school. Another thing that will help turn the program is to get a younger or "cooler" coach that these kids can identify with. I know people bag on Sumlin for playing rap music at practice and flying helicopters to go see recruits play, but the kids are EATING IT UP! Kids in this Generation Y are all about themselves and have been told their whole lives they can be or do anything. This has naturally given them this me first mentality. This has gone a long way to help jump start our program. Coupled with the move to the SEC and the instant spotlight from JFF and it was a perfect storm.
Sorry for the long read, but from the outside looking in, this is what I am seeing.
Aggie you have some great points but recruiting in Texas can be done. Hell Oregon recruits heavily in Texas. Ohio State, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. all recruit nationwide with Texas as a target. We have the appeal of being in the SEC and we will play in Texas every other year. SC, NC, GA, & FL will be our primary source states but we could make a presence in TX. TX has awesome HS football and we could pull a couple of nuggets out.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #39
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
Aggie you have some great points but recruiting in Texas can be done. Hell Oregon recruits heavily in Texas. Ohio State, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. all recruit nationwide with Texas as a target. We have the appeal of being in the SEC and we will play in Texas every other year. SC, NC, GA, & FL will be our primary source states but we could make a presence in TX. TX has awesome HS football and we could pull a couple of nuggets out.
Uhh, those schools are a little different than us, guy.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #40
Wisercock
Walk On

Male

Wisercock has hatched from the shell

Knoxville, Gainesville, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Lexington ... I've been to those places and they have nothing on Columbia. With the exception of UK, what those schools have is tradition. We've been winning big for 4 seasons. UT, Florida, UGA and Bama have been winning for decades.

The problem right now is that there are no Lattimores and Clowneys in SC. We are going to have to sneak into Georgia, Florida and NC and steal some top players. Forget about Texas. We will never be a player in that part of the country.

Focusing on the geographic area this is what I think:

Clemson - nicer place to spend 4 years of college than Columbia. League they play in is suspect but they have lots of money. I'm still not convinced Dabo can coach - he has some very good assistants, but lose those and Clemson will fall off a cliff.

UGA - Georgia is rich for recruiting and they have a top DC now. What I don't like is their offense. It is boring (but gets the job done) and won't attract a top QB. A very good defensive team will stop their running game and force them to pass. I don't think they can win the national championship on Gurley's shoulders. (although he might win the Heisman this year)

UT - this is the school we should worry about. Knoxville is a grubby city with nothing to attract players and Tennessee is no hotbed of recruits, but Butch Jones is a top coach. They absolutely demolished Utah State last night and looked good doing it. Their game against UGA later this month in Athens will tell us a lot about how far they have come.

UF - I'm just not convinced that Muschamp can get it done. But Florida rarely makes the same mistake twice. If Muschamp is out after this year they will bring in another championship maker and not promote a coordinator. They are still a few years out.

I would say that right now (haven't see UK and Vandy play yet but Missouri looks like they are rebuilding as well) we are 3rd in the East behind UGA and UT with the possibility we could slip to 4th. Unless we get a big break recruiting it looks to me like we have slipped at least one notch and could slip another.

Depending on how the rest of the season goes I would say we need a new defensive coordinator. We'll have to pay them dearly, but we need a guy who can manage the roster so we don't enter a season with all new linebackers (last year) or all new cornerbacks and no DEs (this year).