CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1905)
SOS says his next st (1632)
Our Road Upset Wins (1506)
CBSSports SEC predic (780)
No easy road for our (638)
Our Defense? (556)
Roll call for Auburn (552)
University of Buffal (497)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (280)
Our Defense?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts

Old 08-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #61
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Do we have any shot against UGA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
just that easy.
Well...it'll be easier than stopping Lattimore that's for sure. He loved playing you guys.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #62
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

They are human just like us. Gurley and the RB's can be corralled. They don't have the QB that A&M had and we can load the line. If they beat us deep a few times we still win if we score more than they do.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #63
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

yes
Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 PM   #64
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
They are human just like us. Gurley and the RB's can be corralled. They don't have the QB that A&M had and we can load the line. If they beat us deep a few times we still win if we score more than they do.
your game plan last year was to stop him as well. I'm not talking smack, but that is an easy thing to type on a message board and a very hard thing to do on the field.

and yes, I know he was held to 35 yards in 2012 when he played at WB.

whats different?

1. your defense is not even a shadow of the 2012 unit.

2. its highly doubtful that you score 21 points bang, bang, bang and put us in position to have to pass it instead of feeding him the ball.

3. we have 4 rb's who are capable of putting up yards on anyone (Gurley, Chubb, Michel, and Douglas). that's a lot of fresh legs to keep throwing out there vs a defense that is maybe only 2 deep.

4. Mason likes to go HUNH and run a faster pace than Murray did. Texas A&M had your defense with their tongues hanging out and no doubt Bobo will take note of it. gonna be much harder to stop those running backs when your defense is worn down.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #65
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

SC's running game will have to show up. You know you can challenge them deep so they don't crowd the line (like they did to us in the 2nd half). One advantage is Morris will not be calling plays for SC.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:20 PM   #66
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
your game plan last year was to stop him as well. I'm not talking smack, but that is an easy thing to type on a message board and a very hard thing to do on the field.

and yes, I know he was held to 35 yards in 2012 when he played at WB.

whats different?

1. your defense is not even a shadow of the 2012 unit.

2. its highly doubtful that you score 21 points bang, bang, bang and put us in position to have to pass it instead of feeding him the ball.

3. we have 4 rb's who are capable of putting up yards on anyone (Gurley, Chubb, Michel, and Douglas). that's a lot of fresh legs to keep throwing out there vs a defense that is maybe only 2 deep.

4. Mason likes to go HUNH and run a faster pace than Murray did. Texas A&M had your defense with their tongues hanging out and no doubt Bobo will take note of it. gonna be much harder to stop those running backs when your defense is worn down.
Really, you're a genius. That's why I'm a coach here on the boards so I don't have to do it on the field. I may sweat.

No crap, does anyone not breakdown what they want to do to another team or player, oh wait, I'm the first!!

All is speculation. You don't know if gurley and the other backs aren't going to smoke weed next week and not want to play. You speculate too.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #67
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
Really, you're a genius. That's why I'm a coach here on the boards so I don't have to do it on the field. I may sweat.

No crap, does anyone not breakdown what they want to do to another team or player, oh wait, I'm the first!!

All is speculation. You don't know if gurley and the other backs aren't going to smoke weed next week and not want to play. You speculate too.
we also don't know that some SC players aren't going to smoke weed next week.

before you say that they don't have a track record of doing so.....neither does Gurley.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #68
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Yes we have a chance it is a very small chance but nothing is impossible.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #69
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

they will lightly run Gurley in the first half and then release his in the second half like they did against Clemson.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #70
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Lets also hope Mike Davis doesn't scrape his elbow or Wilds will have to carry the load...
Old 09-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #71
NAGamecockFan
Philippians 4:13

Male

NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

Going by what I've seen so far this year, very little. I'm hoping to see a big improvement on the field this Saturday.
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #72
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan View Post
Going by what I've seen so far this year, very little. I'm hoping to see a big improvement on the field this Saturday.
We'll have to improve by MILES AND MILES to even have a shot against UGA, despite how we do against ECU.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #73
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

My biggest nightmare is Golightly having to tackle Gurley.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #74
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
we also don't know that some SC players aren't going to smoke weed next week.

before you say that they don't have a track record of doing so.....neither does Gurley.
More than a few players for UGA and USC smoke the reefer. Bank on it. Even so, it does not affect athletic performance unless it's excessive or too close to kickoff. I used to shoot lights out while high. Not so good on defense. though..
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #75
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
My biggest nightmare is Golightly having to tackle Gurley.
Yeah not feeling good about that either. Gotta avoid the stiff arm.

There's no way to stop Gurley with 200 lb. linebackers. I'd try to wrap up and put my body weight on his legs as he's going down and hope he gets worn down and dinged up. The only thing that can stop him is if his body gives out.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #76
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

1. Don't let UGA score on the first possession and take the crowd out of it like A&M did.

2. MUST establish the run, even if it takes a 2 or 3 series.

3. Slow UGA's ground game. Mason did not worry too much throwing the ball so we may be able to just key on the run?

4. Create some of our own good fortune: force a turnover or 2.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #77
meanspur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 4705
meanspur is learning to peckmeanspur is learning to peck

our defense is terrible, we have no chance at all.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #78
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

For what it is worth, over the last several years, there are few if any cases of games where everyone assumed we would be destroyed and we were. The example that comes to mind last year was the 3 game road trip. We were still struggling badly and most expected us to lose to at least Arkansas and Missouri. We destroyed Arky and beat Mizzou, but lost to UT.

I know this is a different year and different team, but over the last several years, we play better as an underdog than a favorite who feels entitled to win. We may not beat UGA, but I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #79
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyinVA View Post
For what it is worth, over the last several years, there are few if any cases of games where everyone assumed we would be destroyed and we were. The example that comes to mind last year was the 3 game road trip. We were still struggling badly and most expected us to lose to at least Arkansas and Missouri. We destroyed Arky and beat Mizzou, but lost to UT.

I know this is a different year and different team, but over the last several years, we play better as an underdog than a favorite who feels entitled to win. We may not beat UGA, but I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks.
True, maybe you don't get beat bad, but a loss still instantly puts you 2.5 games behind them in the East and that will be very hard to overcome.

This is a must win for USC to have a shot at the East this year
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #80
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
True, maybe you don't get beat bad, but a loss still instantly puts you 2.5 games behind them in the East and that will be very hard to overcome.

This is a must win for USC to have a shot at the East this year
Unfortunately, you are right. If we lose to UGA we can kiss the East goodbye.