CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Spur's Addiction
gAmkok
eightohhthree
highstick
StormOfTalons
Order 66
Coulwoodwarlord
Goofyboy
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Rank the SEC startin (1497)
Defensive personnel (1345)
Kendrick salley (1340)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1236)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1236)
Cack's Toast of the (758)
Defense not an issue (736)
Legitimate, Unbiased (517)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (514)
open discussion of this t
Defensive personnel quest
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Defense not an issue....
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Kendrick salley
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
I guess we don't get all

Old 09-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg is learning to peck
Default Re: SOS Teleconference

is anyone redshirting
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #22
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
No mention of Shon Carson being replaced as KR. Gotta put in somebody who can get past the 15 yd line.
Maybe we need to improve our blocking on KRs.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #23
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Ha! No mention of rushing the football. That's my biggest beef with Spurrier. He refuses to rush the football when losing. After the first drive by the Aggies, we should have rushed the football to give the defense a breather. Not 4 plays and punt.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #24
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Maybe we need to improve our blocking on KRs.
Exactly what I was saying. If you watch the replay on the 2 returns he got. The blocking was terrible. No wall and when he did make cuts seem like no blocking either. But everyone saw gurley take it back but did you see his blocking and wall he basically caught the ball and ran straight.
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #25
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Or he realizes we just suck. A&M wasn't spectacular. We gave 5 yd cushions on every pass. How can you stop that? A&M isn't a great team. Their defense is still horrible.
I would have loved 5 yd cushions but we played 10 yds off.. Just horrible.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #26
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Dylan has to be more consistent his intermediate throws were too high. He has got to work on being more accurate on the intermediate routes . His deep ball is fine but anything under he is not as accurate.
This is true, he has alot of room for improvement, in particular when it comes to consistency..i did feel like he did fairly well for it being the first game but he has to keep getting better. He was just one of the better things about that game in my opinion.
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #27
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

GamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
No mention of Shon Carson being replaced as KR. Gotta put in somebody who can get past the 15 yd line.
I agree with this as well..gotta find a way to get better field position
Old 09-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #28
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGirl23 View Post
This is true, he has alot of room for improvement, in particular when it comes to consistency..i did feel like he did fairly well for it being the first game but he has to keep getting better. He was just one of the better things about that game in my opinion.

No. Dyan did not do well. He is a 5th year senior. He can play significantly better. The team didn't do well at all. Lit'l Nicky played well, but he can't play for 10 others. Maybe there is too much head patting and gold stars for 'trying'. Crap I am not waiting 31 years for us to start playing well like I am for the Browns. Our team has to start playing as a team! I saw quibbling from the defense every time they were on the field. The defense has got go out there and play with confidence, and tackle not fly through the air like a ballerina missing the tackles.

Wasn't it Ingram who said -' If you want to make the big money, you gotta make the big plays.' Yeah money isn't everything, but it pays the bills. Every team has young people playing. I want players who are inshape and of good size.

There is no excuse for sloppiness in effort.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
Cocks N Stuff
Walk On

Male

Cocks N Stuff has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Or he realizes we just suck. A&M wasn't spectacular. We gave 5 yd cushions on every pass. How can you stop that? A&M isn't a great team. Their defense is still horrible.

Lol I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, but maybe you should familiarize yourself with the TAMU personnel. I will be extremely surprised if TAMU doesn't contend for the toughest division in football this year.
Cocks N Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #30
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGirl23 View Post
He was just one of the better things about that game in my opinion.
Ummm...no.

IMO Thompson is nothing more than a slightly above average QB who can throw a deep ball well.

If he is our best option then we are truly eff'd on offense. Especially if we can't find a running game.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #31
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
No. Dyan did not do well. He is a 5th year senior. He can play significantly better. The team didn't do well at all. Lit'l Nicky played well, but he can't play for 10 others. Maybe there is too much head patting and gold stars for 'trying'. Crap I am not waiting 31 years for us to start playing well like I am for the Browns. Our team has to start playing as a team! I saw quibbling from the defense every time they were on the field. The defense has got go out there and play with confidence, and tackle not fly through the air like a ballerina missing the tackles.

Wasn't it Ingram who said -' If you want to make the big money, you gotta make the big plays.' Yeah money isn't everything, but it pays the bills. Every team has young people playing. I want players who are inshape and of good size.

There is no excuse for sloppiness in effort.
I said he played fairly well considering it was the first game of the season..i also clearly stated he had room for improvement and had to become more consistent..but I'm also not gonna complain about 366 yds passing and 4tds. I give the offense credit for even having the motivation to get out there and try knowing they had zero help from the defense.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #32
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Ummm...no.

IMO Thompson is nothing more than a slightly above average QB who can throw a deep ball well.

If he is our best option then we are truly eff'd on offense. Especially if we can't find a running game.

If our defense continues to give up yds and points like they did, we are truly eff'd on offense whether we find a running game or not. It would certainly help to get the running game going since it takes pressure off the passing game..but since we basically had to pass against a&m, then I'm glad we at least got yds somehow and dylan helped in getting those yds.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #33
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

We will bounce back.

Last edited by jtown86; 09-01-2014 at 10:17 PM.
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #34
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

"David needs to play a little bit"

http://www.wltx.com/videos/sports/nc...8/31/14911361/