CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
A. Pilgrim
B-G
snruter amabon
gamecockgal
DTGCOCKS#32
gadeneer1986
eightohhthree
ESPN reporter adding (3425)
In light of our matc (1570)
How we won the UGA g (1525)
Just read this. (1380)
Neat statistic bruhh (821)
If we keep winning a (749)
uniforms saturday (705)
Vandy Fans (618)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Winston
Terry Googer - new Wildca
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
ESPN reporter adding to t
uniforms saturday
SOS: No QB controversy
Watch ESPN3 regional blac
Waldrop injured
How we won the UGA game:
Neat statistic bruhhhhh

Old 09-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #61
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Carolina opens -15.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
Did anyone watch ECU play the other night? It was too funny and the are not the ECU of old. They were small and not impressive at all.

45 to 17 Cocks.
Scratching my head since this could be one of the top 5 ECU teams ever. The team that looked unlike its more impressive predecessors was SC. Call me when your "big" defense learns to tackle.

Last edited by Kyle76; 09-01-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #62
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Scratching my head since this could be one of the top 5 ECU teams ever. The team that looked unlike its more impressive predecessors was SC. Call me when your "big" defense learns to tackle.
Top 5 ECU team ever? C'mon man, you guys haven't played anybody yet and you are on talking your junk. The team ya'll played last week didn't deserve to even have a football team and your Pirates lost 13 starters. The Pirates might be very good, but why don't we wait until this weekend to decide that. I have to give to most of ECU's fans, most of your fans are a cocky bunch year in and year out.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #63
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsux614 View Post
I am not being a sunshine pumper or anything like that I am just stating facts. Has everybody forgotten that in 2010 (WHEN WE WON THE SEC EAST) Ryan Mallet came in and lit our defense up. We lost 41 to 20 and the stadium was empty by the end of the 3rd quarter. Connor Shaw came in and got hurt and everything. I am just saying this isn't the first time this has happen to us and we still have a great year. I am not willing to give up after one game. Last time I checked a gamecock fights until death.
I made a whole thread on this premise. Multiple SEC champions of the past 15 years won the SEC in the same season that they suffered an ugly, embarrassing loss. LSU won it one year with 3 SEC losses, and got hammered in one of them.

The sky has not fallen.....but, a few cloud bolts are loose, so we better tighten it up this week.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #64
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Top 5 ECU team ever? C'mon man, you guys haven't played anybody yet and you are on talking your junk. The team ya'll played last week didn't deserve to even have a football team and your Pirates lost 13 starters. The Pirates might be very good, but why don't we wait until this weekend to decide that. I have to give to most of ECU's fans, most of your fans are a cocky bunch year in and year out.
I'm not basing my opinion on last week's game, smart guy. I'm basing it on the players we have returning from last season, and what they accomplished. We lost some good starters, but the guys coming back have a lot of game experience. Our defensive front seven is solid and faster than last season. The secondary is a question mark, but your passing game wasn't exactly impressive last Thursday and your top RB is hurt. The defensive weaknesses that I saw Thursday play right into our strengths. I'm not being cocky and not saying you don't turn things around and clean our clocks, but your statement that this team is not as strong as the ECU teams of old is absurd.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #65
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
I'm not basing my opinion on last week's game, smart guy. I'm basing it on the players we have returning from last season, and what they accomplished. We lost some good starters, but the guys coming back have a lot of game experience. Our defensive front seven is solid and faster than last season. The secondary is a question mark, but your passing game wasn't exactly impressive last Thursday and your top RB is hurt. The defensive weaknesses that I saw Thursday play right into our strengths. I'm not being cocky and not saying you don't turn things around and clean our clocks, but your statement that this team is not as strong as the ECU teams of old is absurd.
Most of the predictions I have seen for this team are for ECU to win 7 or 8 games. I haven't seen anybody talking about them being one of ECU's top 5 teams ever. As far as you saying we having no passing game, Dylan Thompson should have had 400 yards passing the other night. ECU is a good program, but your fanbase seems to have a lot of bravado for a team that plays against shit competition. Don't forget that your team gave up 59 points to Marshall not that long ago.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #66
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

OK, Liz Lemon. Cheers.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #67
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
OK, Liz Lemon. Cheers.
Come on back when you figure out that your boys aren't as good as you thought.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #68
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Come on back when you figure out that your boys aren't as good as you thought.
Hey, Liz, do you remember making this post?

That was one of the most shocking games I have ever watched in my life. The defensive looked completely lost, as lost I ever remember seeing our defense in many years. Our offense isn't really to blame, but Dylan Thompson really isn't a top level QB. He is a solid backup, but he isn't a top notch talent.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #69
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Hey, Liz, do you remember making this post?

That was one of the most shocking games I have ever watched in my life. The defensive looked completely lost, as lost I ever remember seeing our defense in many years. Our offense isn't really to blame, but Dylan Thompson really isn't a top level QB. He is a solid backup, but he isn't a top notch talent.
Are you trying to compare your football program to the Aggies? Dylan Thompson will light your team up and I don't even think he is anywhere near the QB we need. Carolina is going to be pissed off going into this game, ECU is going to get their yards but it won't matter. Carolina got beat by a really good team the other night and we have a lot of improving to do, but I just don't understand the arrogance of ECU fans every time we play them. You beat absolutely nobody to get 10 wins last year. Don't even talk to me about NC Sate and UNC.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #70
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

He must have forgotten how easily Thompson tore them up in 2012?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #71
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
He must have forgotten how easily Thompson tore them up in 2012?
It is just funny that he is taking a quote from me after we lost to A & M. It seems that some people really believe ECU has talent even on the same planet with what we played against the other night. I am glad you mentioned Thompson played against ECU in 2012, just looked it up and he threw for 330 in that game with 3 td's.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #72
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispirate View Post
I'm not saying we have A&M's line but where do you guys get this stuff from? This is one of a few post on SC boards saying we're small. Our OL is not by any means, small.

LT-Ike Harris 6-7 304 JR
Stewart Hinson 6-7 296 JR
LG-Quincy Mckinney 6-4 311 JR
Larry Williams 6-4 290 FR
C- Taylor Hudson 6-5 285 SR
CJ Struyck 6-2 296 JR
RG-Tre Roberston 6-5 310 JR
JT Boyd 6-4 302 SO
RT-Dontae Levingston 6-4 293 JR
Brandon Smith 6-8 336 FR
Size does not equal talent. A pissed of Gamecock team handles ECU 41-24.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #73
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
366 pass yds and 4 TDs when we had absolutely no running game? Really, we couldn't pass? Lol ok guy.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #74
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

No doubt, we had a horrible passing defense in 2013. A new DC in 2013 turned things around dramatically. Liz, you're the one who called Thompson a "backup," not me. I merely said your passing game was unimpressive Thursday. DT looked shell-shocked on the sidelines and much of his yardage came on two long blown-coverage passes early. "Unimpressive" was my opinion watching the game, despite his past performance against us, and seems to have been shared by you. He may light us up. You have some serious speed at WR. I'm not here to talk smack, and I'm not responsible for any ECU fans who do. I believe this team could be one of our best, whether we can win in Columbia or not. We have the top returning passing duo in college football and probably our deepest and most athletic team, top to bottom, ever. We do lack experience in some areas, and that could easily show up Saturday night. We don't have SEC talent, and we never have, but that hasn't stopped us from winning in Columbia before. I think there are serious question marks on your team, offensively and defensively. You have had a gutsy winner at QB for four years who won some games that you probably shouldn't have won. You will miss him more than many fans might have believed. There are also some apparent defensive weaknesses that our offense may be able to exploit. Is that too cocky for you? You were either unprepared Thursday or your personnel losses from the past couple of years are going to take some time to overcome. I guess we'll find out more this week.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #75
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
366 pass yds and 4 TDs when we had absolutely no running game? Really, we couldn't pass? Lol ok guy.
I didn't say you couldn't pass, but stats don't tell the whole story. If you watched the game and thought Thompson had an impressive outing, fine. I'll bet many Gamecock fans didn't feel that way. He was 20-40 with a pick and threw a couple of TDs when the game was pretty much decided. When the team needed offense with the game on the line, it wasn't there. Heck, Hill only threw three TDs. Who do you think had the more impressive game?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #76
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I didn't say you couldn't pass, but stats don't tell the whole story. If you watched the game and thought Thompson had an impressive outing, fine. I'll bet many Gamecock fans didn't feel that way. He was 20-40 with a pick and threw a couple of TDs when the game was pretty much decided. When the team needed offense with the game on the line, it wasn't there. Heck, Hill only threw three TDs. Who do you think had the more impressive game?
The whole point is you said "our passing game wasn't effective", but Thompson threw for 366 yds and 4 TDs and "wasn't effective". Could he have done better, yes most certainly but A&M pretty much knew we had to throw the ball so they didn't have to worry about defending the run at all. Don't worry, we will come out more prepared and beat ECU. I have heard this from ECU fans the last two times we played y'all... I have no idea where y'all get this cocky attitude from.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #77
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
The whole point is you said "our passing game wasn't effective", but Thompson threw for 366 yds and 4 TDs and "wasn't effective". Could he have done better, yes most certainly but A&M pretty much knew we had to throw the ball so they didn't have to worry about defending the run at all. Don't worry, we will come out more prepared and beat ECU. I have heard this from ECU fans the last two times we played y'all... I have no idea where y'all get this cocky attitude from.
They are a team full of 2 star players with a sprinkling of 3 stars here and there, but you would think they were top 20 with highly rated players all over the field. ECU fans blow my mind with this obnoxious crap every time we play them. The delusional nature of their fanbase is almost admirable. We could absolutely lose the them if we completely shit the bed Saturday. Little man Kyle76 doesn't understand that we beat their ass when Dylan Thompson was actually the backup.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #78
ecugrad
Walk On

Male

ecugrad has hatched from the shell

A great deal is TBD and it all starts with Saturday. The way to early bowl predictions have us some in the cotton or peach or all the way down to the miami bowl. I certainly think we could win 10 games in the regular season. Our offense will keep us in a lot of games. 2012 was a different d coordinator and different scheme. We run the 3-4 now with rick smith as our d coordinator. It takes awhile to get the players you need to run the system. You have to recruit a lot of lbs. Dont rush to judgement after one or two games.
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #79
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Quote:
The whole point is you said "our passing game wasn't effective", but Thompson threw for 366 yds and 4 TDs and "wasn't effective". Could he have done better, yes most certainly but A&M pretty much knew we had to throw the ball so they didn't have to worry about defending the run at all.
If you're going to quote someone, at least do it accurately. I said your passing game "wasn't exactly impressive." Liz Lemon obviously agreed, as he termed your starting QB a "backup." Maybe you thought DT was impressive. That's cool. It's all opinions.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #80
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post
A great deal is TBD and it all starts with Saturday. The way to early bowl predictions have us some in the cotton or peach or all the way down to the miami bowl. I certainly think we could win 10 games in the regular season. Our offense will keep us in a lot of games. 2012 was a different d coordinator and different scheme. We run the 3-4 now with rick smith as our d coordinator. It takes awhile to get the players you need to run the system. You have to recruit a lot of lbs. Dont rush to judgement after one or two games.
That is a lot more rational than your buddy Kyle76 saying it is going to be one of ECU's top five teams ever. That is a completely irrational statement to make after playing against NCCU.