CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
JerseyBird
2000grad
kingoftheroost
MountainCock
CockyLifer
b381l
CoverTwo
ZenUSC
Morris to SMU (4178)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1627)
Clemson fans (1052)
Carolina on a Walmar (992)
Game simulation (748)
End of the aTm / LSU (368)
Have we been favored (328)
Origin Sale Too (226)
Women's Soccer Elite (158)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Bailey's life hack for Ol
Morris to SMU
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Texans getting frustrated
Clemson fans
Black Friday Hard Copy di
End of the aTm / LSU game

Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 AM   #1
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default MLS almost ready for play-off

My bro Luis Silva is carrying his team DC United to the cup, thats good news for the National Team since Luis Silva is wayyy better than players such as Davies, Suzi or Bedoya.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...august-31-2014

I have been also watching the CCC Champions League, MLS teams are doing good.

Seatle, DC, Kansas, Salt Lake and The Galaxy are looking strong.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: MLS almost ready for play-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
My bro Luis Silva is carrying his team DC United to the cup, thats good news for the National Team since Luis Silva is wayyy better than players such as Davies, Suzi or Bedoya.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...august-31-2014

I have been also watching the CCC Champions League, MLS teams are doing good.

Seatle, DC, Kansas, Salt Lake and The Galaxy are looking strong.
I've enjoyed watching Dallas also. That's a physical bunch. I could see that style taking hold in the US.

I'm glad Jermaine Jones finally found a club.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

I watched most of the DC United game yesterday. Still wish we would have brought Eddie Johnson to the world cup, especially since Altidore went down. Hindsight is 20-20.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I watched most of the DC United game yesterday. Still wish we would have brought Eddie Johnson to the world cup, especially since Altidore went down. Hindsight is 20-20.
He has looked pretty solid lately. He is dangerous when he wants to be, no doubt. Hamid is a beast.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

A little off topic but any of you have seen the Hope Solo nude? Its awesome haha

Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

Can't say that I have and not so sure I want to.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Haha oh yeah, Jermaine Jones is home, now we just have to bring Tim Howard back.

Chicharito to Madrid? I think MLS should go after him as well.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Haha oh yeah, Jermaine Jones is home, now we just have to bring Tim Howard back.

Chicharito to Madrid? I think MLS should go after him as well.
Bringing Tim Howard back would be insane. It's time for MLS to loosen the purse strings and allow the owners to actually own the teams. They have done a fantastic job of keeping the league afloat, but now it's time to let them fly. If MLS had just one or two teams that could run the table in MLS and CCC, viewership would skyrocket. That would give the bandwagon fans a wagon to jump on, as well as underdogs for all the other people to cheer for.

Better TV contracts, more money, more home-grown talent.

... and I hope they do it FC Dallas style, in your face. Those guys are large and play with attitude. Watched them take down Salt Lake the other day with 10 men, that was impressive.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

For now I think is ok to keep it safe financially but eventually we will move into that direction, bandwagon fans will have to wait a little and enjoy epl.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
For now I think is ok to keep it safe financially but eventually we will move into that direction, bandwagon fans will have to wait a little and enjoy epl.
I like the way they have been doing it for now. Very important to keep the league on a strong financial footing. Eventually they need to re-align the schedule with the rest of the world. Tough to get generous TV contracts when your playoffs are competing with College and Pro Football games.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

Quote:
True that! I tried to find an EPL team to follow but I just can't bring myself to pull for some random squad. I guess that's why one reason I'm proud to be a Gamecock. We might not play the best football, but it's my home team nonetheless.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
True that! I tried to find an EPL team to follow but I just can't bring myself to pull for some random squad. I guess that's why one reason I'm proud to be a Gamecock. We might not play the best football, but it's my home team nonetheless.
I love watching good soccer but I am in the same boat. I have no tie to any EPL team. I just can't claim one my team but I do watch
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I was getting ready to go to the usc-clemson soccer game but is pouring raining outside.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I love watching good soccer but I am in the same boat. I have no tie to any EPL team. I just can't claim one my team but I do watch
Hopefully Atlanta will jump in full force. But I do have ties to Dallas, that may end up being my squad. Especially after watching them stick it to RSL a man down the other week.

I wish we would scrap that minor league baseball garbage and grab a MLS feeder. We already have a top tier baseball facility and team to cheer for.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

I still don't understand why you need a team to watch a sport everyweek.
I enjoy good sports.

I dont have an EPL team but I'll watch the marquee games (Everton-Chelsea one example).

I'm slowly trying with the MLS.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #16
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I still don't understand why you need a team to watch a sport everyweek.
I enjoy good sports.

I dont have an EPL team but I'll watch the marquee games (Everton-Chelsea one example).

I'm slowly trying with the MLS.
I assume you enjoy bad sports as well given the fact we are having this discussion as Gamecock fans. We certainly don't have a history of playing well, and reside in a league that is greatly inferior to the NFL.

I've been trying the EPL, I just can't get excited about foreigners (unless we're talking women's volleyball, send Sweden right over). Just me I guess.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
I assume you enjoy bad sports as well given the fact we are having this discussion as Gamecock fans. We certainly don't have a history of playing well, and reside in a league that is greatly inferior to the NFL.

I've been trying the EPL, I just can't get excited about foreigners (unless we're talking women's volleyball, send Sweden right over). Just me I guess.
Well that's different because I have a rooting interest.

I am a gamecock fan/alum. But If I wasn't and went to a different school without football, I probably wouldn't watch.
And I watch mostly the big games because they are relative to us.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #18
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hopefully Atlanta will jump in full force
I hope Blank knows that he needs to make some splashes and announcements this next year. I expect the first major announcements in summer 2015 and a "signing" to be early 2016.

Hopefully he picks a US young star instead of ANOTHER European leftover.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I'll be more willing to get MLS a chance when ATL gets going .. I wish Nashville would get a team down the road.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Well that's different because I have a rooting interest.

I am a gamecock fan/alum. But If I wasn't and went to a different school without football, I probably wouldn't watch.
And I watch mostly the big games because they are relative to us.
I ended going to the graveyard last night, we beat clemsux last night in ot, they almost got about 3 fights going, that was awesome.

I may come to more carolina games, they are not that good but they play with heart.