CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
thekob
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
MountainCock
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
kingoftheroost
gamecockgal
Interesting quotes f (2596)
Have you ever been s (1553)
Key for 2015 defense (961)
Skai Moore out for U (815)
Women's Team Ranked (608)
Lebron makes Clevela (502)
Troubles in Tigertow (359)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (324)
Cockaboose Video (249)
What does it take to (143)
Who is your favorite play
Gamecockology Helms
Stanley Doughty Needs spi
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Skai Moore out for UT
Have you ever been so wro
TN game weather
Uniforms for Tenn
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Chances we win out now?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #221
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Outstanding match for Liverpool today bouncing back from the City loss. The Reds have just had Spurs number lately with another one sided match. 12-0 in the last 3 meetings. Super Mario looked good coming close a couple times and creating a couple nice chances.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #222
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Saints pick up Toby Alderweireld and Sadio Mane today! Love the highlights I've seen of Mane

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #223
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Falcao to Man U, Welbeck to Arsenal
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #224
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Falcao to Man U, Welbeck to Arsenal
Man U needs help in midfield and back line - and they exchange one striker for another (who has some question marks with his injury).

Got to love the idiots running Man U these days!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #225
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Pretty shrewd move to get Welbeck I think. He's young and we needed a striker bad till Giroud came back. Almost makes up for RVP leaving. Plus we own the player and Falcao is only on loan.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #226
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Saints pick up Toby Alderweireld and Sadio Mane today! Love the highlights I've seen of Mane
I want to see Swansea and Southampton do well. I like both of those teams along with Everton. Outside of the big clubs (which Everton can be considered but are an underdog to the really big boys), I'm rooting for all 3 of those to have good seasons.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #227
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Man U needs help in midfield and back line - and they exchange one striker for another (who has some question marks with his injury).

Got to love the idiots running Man U these days!
That Falcao loan move reeks of panic. Between loan fee and wages I think they are looking at 20 million pounds for 1 year for a player that's returning from a knee injury.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #228
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Pretty shrewd move to get Welbeck I think. He's young and we needed a striker bad till Giroud came back. Almost makes up for RVP leaving. Plus we own the player and Falcao is only on loan.
I really wouldn't be surprised to see Welbeck shine for Arsenal similiar to the way Sturridge has for Liverpool. I don't think he was ever given a fair shot at ManU.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #229
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Just in 4 players alone ManU has some ungodly amount of money being thrown around. They better hope they score 6+ a game or none of those big names will help rescue that club. They need defense in a big way. The part that is even more hilarious is that Rooney, RVP, and Falcao are all getting up there in "sports age".

RVP is/has always been injury prone and Falcao just came back from a massive knee injury. The supporters will be calling for the Glazers heads in about 2 months, moreso than they ever have before!!

Grab some popcorn and buckle up for the ride on that train haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #230
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

March on Saints! 3-0 over Newcastle! Pelle is on fire!

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #231
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I want to see Swansea and Southampton do well. I like both of those teams along with Everton. Outside of the big clubs (which Everton can be considered but are an underdog to the really big boys), I'm rooting for all 3 of those to have good seasons.
Swansea looked dominant for the first 15 minutes or so, then they just kind of crapped out. Seems like they definitely have some talent.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #232
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Arsenal tied Man City saturday 2-2. Typical Arsenal in that we scored some great goals but let in an avoidable header at the end. We play Borussia Dortmund in CL today which will be very tough.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #233
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I would like to see Liverpool or Man U win it this year.

I like seeing the historic teams win.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #234
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:

If Arsenal can't win it I would like nothing more than to see Everton win it. Screw the other big boys lol

Old 09-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #235
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
If Arsenal can't win it I would like nothing more than to see Everton win it. Screw the other big boys lol

I'll pull for Arsenal too.

One of those 3 I'm fine with.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #236
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

That's like pulling for the Yankees or Cardinals to win it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
With the way Arsenal is playing right now, they're not going to win it all. They were dominated in the CL and have no shot at the Premier League. I thought Arsenal made some good moves this summer. However, the team right now may be worse than last year. I'm not sure they will even be Top 4 this season.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #237
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Yea well I'm a Carolina fan. Not used to it.

I envy those Franchises, but have no connection to either of them, so becoming a fan of them would not be okay.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #238
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
ManU yes, Liverpool more like pulling for the Sox before they broke the curse. Been a while since my Reds have won the league. Keep losing to Villa at home and it may be a while before winning the next one too.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #239
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
ManU yes, Liverpool more like pulling for the Sox before they broke the curse. Been a while since my Reds have won the league. Keep losing to Villa at home and it may be a while before winning the next one too.
Paul Lambert is to Brendan Rodgers what Steve Spurrier is to Mark Richt - he knows how to play him and win even with less talent. Lambert was beating Rodgers when he was at Swansea as well. I'm just hoping Brendan can get that monkey off his back one of these days.

Regarding my Reds winning the league, I would love to be proven wrong, but I definitely don't see it happening this year. There's a lot of new guys to get in sync with the vets, and the injuries from international play have aided in delaying this. I think all Reds fans would be ecstatic to finish in the Top 4 this year.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #240
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I almost included the Red Sox instead of the Cardinals. However, Yankees are Cards are #1 and #2 in titles. So are Man U and Liverpool. That's why I used the Cardinals and not the Red Sox as an example. In terms of fan, popularity, and bandwagon (and some success), Red Sox are a more appropriate comparison.