CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
JerseyBird
smoovecock
Regalcock
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
RGHoskins
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (2251)
Constant Updates on (2175)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1156)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1069)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (1057)
How cool would it be (933)
Carolina/Clemson gam (753)
Palmetto Bowl (656)
Chattanooga upends N (515)
Bowl projections
Constant Updates on Watso
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Garcia vs Clemson Tom

Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #41
zcoop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 404
zcoop has feathers coming inzcoop has feathers coming in
Default Re: East Carolina Prediction Thread

48 - 21 USC
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #42
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodySpur View Post
42-7 Cocks... panic over!
Panic over? We still have UGA coming into town next week with probably the country's best running attack, a trip to Kentucky to play a team that we only managed to be beat by a touchdown last season at home and they have been playing us tough recently, then we have to travel to Auburn, Florida and Clemson. Yeah, panicking is far from over.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #43
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

East Carolina - 23
South Carolina - 45

A few notes. Green will play this week. DJ Smith is suppose to RS due to him missing too many practices, but should they consider throwing him out there, though? It's not like he can play any worse than the guys out there now. Better see D. Williams get several carries. Also, we need to actually have a real long TD drive. Something with 10+ plays that takes like 8 minutes off the clock. Keep their offense off the field and our defense fresh. No more of these 2 minute scoring drives, especially against an air raid fast paced offense. We should win this game.

However, if we do in fact lose this game, Adams, Elliott, and a few other coaches maybe gone VERY soon.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #44
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

42-20 good guys

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #45
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Man we lost one game but everyone on here seems to have given up on the team already. Lose at home to ECU? I just don't see it. Granted I was confident we would beat A&M, they are much more talented than ECU.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when we blew out Georgia at home? Then they went on to be a batted pass in the SEC Championship game from playing in the national championship. We destroyed them that game but it was only one loss. So we got our ass kicked in week one but for all anyone knows we might reel off 11 wins in a row and head to the SEC Championship. Nobody believes its possible right now because we have only played one game (and it was terrible). I personally believe we are much better than the performance we put on against A&M and I think we will prove it
We looked absolutely horrendous on national TV against A&M, and ECU is bringing in the same offense. They may not be as athletic as A&M, but nothing that our defense has shown leads me to believe they're athletic enough to slow down ECU. ECU will throw all over us like A&M did, and while it won't be as successful from a numbers standpoint, it will be enough to get the job done for them.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #46
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
We looked absolutely horrendous on national TV against A&M, and ECU is bringing in the same offense. They may not be as athletic as A&M, but nothing that our defense has shown leads me to believe they're athletic enough to slow down ECU. ECU will throw all over us like A&M did, and while it won't be as successful from a numbers standpoint, it will be enough to get the job done for them.
You are one of the most negative Gamecocks fans I have ever seen on cockytalk. I don't even know why you bother being a fan given that it seems to cause you so become such a doomer. I bet you are a bunch of fun to got to a game with.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #47
Jbsc88
Cash,Cars, Hoes, Dabo

Male

CockyCash: 465000
Jbsc88 is sharpening his clawsJbsc88 is sharpening his clawsJbsc88 is sharpening his clawsJbsc88 is sharpening his clawsJbsc88 is sharpening his claws

35-21 USC
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #48
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I thought I had the A&M game pegged but was completely wrong about it along with everyone else on here. Quite frankly anything can happen in this game. I still expect us to win though. The best part about playing this offense is that we got a whole game's worth of practice against it with A&M. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes.

I will say 38-31 USC.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #49
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
You are one of the most negative Gamecocks fans I have ever seen on cockytalk. I don't even know why you bother being a fan given that it seems to cause you so become such a doomer. I bet you are a bunch of fun to got to a game with.
The people who sit around me seem to enjoy my company, and I enjoy theirs as well.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #50
powercock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1113
powercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurs

I think Carolina still struggles but wins.I just hope the coaches out oressure on these guys. The play of last week was just sad. Im still at a lost for words for the game that was played last Thursday.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #51
primetimetodd19
Walk On

Male

primetimetodd19 has hatched from the shell

Carolina wins by 24. Never really a game. Some fans will leave optimistic. Some leave still negative Nancys. But we all leave happy with a W.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #52
makingitdrizzle
Walk On

Male

makingitdrizzle has hatched from the shell

I am an ECU grad and I have two kids at USC. So I am a fan of and support both programs. I say USC wins 35-28. Mainly because their backs are against the wall and they can't afford to lose...
makingitdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #53
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

15-8. Each team has seven turnovers and four safeties.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:11 AM   #54
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Man we lost one game but everyone on here seems to have given up on the team already. Lose at home to ECU? I just don't see it. Granted I was confident we would beat A&M, they are much more talented than ECU.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when we blew out Georgia at home? Then they went on to be a batted pass in the SEC Championship game from playing in the national championship. We destroyed them that game but it was only one loss. So we got our ass kicked in week one but for all anyone knows we might reel off 11 wins in a row and head to the SEC Championship. Nobody believes its possible right now because we have only played one game (and it was terrible). I personally believe we are much better than the performance we put on against A&M and I think we will prove it
Some people are believers in what they see only. You want to believe in the hypothetical good Gamecock football team based on past years go ahead. I just watched us give up 7 easy TDs and a FG get scored on us by a sophomore making his first start. That tells me that the "good Gamecock team" that you are dreaming of does not exist.

No one in their right mind believes we are going to pull off 11 straight wins. Let's start with one win. Then maybe two, then when it is like 5 in a row, we can start talking again about this rationally.

Teams are only as good as they play. No one is going to tell them they are better than that game, because that is not true. To be better a better team their going to have raise their game to better level. You do better, you don't be better.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #55
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Gamecocks 34
ECU 24

We get better but ECU has some good matchups and are able to score.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:07 AM   #56
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
15-8. Each team has seven turnovers and four safeties.
Wager?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #57
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001
Lightbulb Re: East Carolina Prediction Thread

Whatever happened to our confidence?

Are you going to let an SEC West program who had their way with our (unprepared) defense dictate the rest of the season's thought process and ultimately our swagger as a group?

East Carolina has a stellar offense, but they lack an SEC ground attack. Linebackers force them into becoming one dimensional and then our OLBS/DBs lock down the receiving corps.

It'll be a great confidence builder for our young defense and will carry over into Georgia.

Carolina 38, ECU 10

Name:  Boose.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  68.3 KB
http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBoose
The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #58
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Dylan throws for 400, and we put up 50 points. ECU puts up 30 something and make us sweat until late. Our depth wins us this one, and we don't feel good with UGA coming to town.

GC-56
ECU-38
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #59
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Dylan throws for 400, and we put up 50 points. ECU puts up 30 something and make us sweat until late. Our depth wins us this one, and we don't feel good with UGA coming to town.

GC-56
ECU-38
So pretty much the 2011 ECU game?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #60
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

We struggle early, but recover and win going away......41-24.