CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2022)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1493)
Former Gamecock root (1388)
Franks boy's are pla (1157)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (550)
Kentucky is dominati (518)
Has the window close (458)
Chance of my lifetim (457)
Question for those w (418)
Has the window closed for
Franks boy's are playing
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bruce!!!
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs
Default All of our defensive players need to watch this video 1000 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMGtpHoLu2I

The play picked up a first down. The taunting resulted in a personal foul penalty. And none of that mattered. Swearinger sent a message and nobody on Clemson forgot that hit the rest of the night.

Have an attitude. Don't just tackle. Punish.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan
Default Re: All of our defensive players need to watch this video 1000 times

Unfortunately, we dont have a Swearinger on this defense that can send a message like that. But i would love nothing more than to see someone step up and shut me up.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Out defense needs some testicals to play grown man football.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #4
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Sadly they are playing little boy football
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Cocks N Stuff
4-Star

Male

Cocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervous

Missing tackles is probably our biggest problem. I don't think going for kill shots is going to help our cause/
Old 09-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot material

that's so weird, i brought up that exact play to someone just the other day as an example of the tough mentality our entire defense should have. i would settle for even just a couple few guys having that mentality at this point.
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #7
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I'm not a fan of tackling like that but damn I'll take that hitting over nothing at all.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
Missing tackles is probably our biggest problem. I don't think going for kill shots is going to help our cause/
I saw a lot of our defenders going for the big hit like they were playing NCAA Football 14 and not wrapping up a runner/receiver like glue. Instead, they glanced off the guy with the ball and surrendered another 3+ YAC. We need better fundamentals.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #9
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

I think theyll make the practice squad, I think this might be good news maybe they're gonna try to develop them all into a back ups that can be similar to jf if he goes down.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Sadly, it looks like there are no leaders like DJ on this team.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #11
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

They probably don't need to watch that. Sure it's swagger, but trying to hit like that is the reason we couldn't tackle. What's so wrong with a fundamental tackle and actually wrapping up? Back to basics. We don't need to go for the "home run" blow up hit.

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #12
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

probably need to watch something more like this

Old 09-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
TheGameCockFanOfY
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 463
TheGameCockFanOfY has feathers coming inTheGameCockFanOfY has feathers coming inTheGameCockFanOfY has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMGtpHoLu2I

The play picked up a first down. The taunting resulted in a personal foul penalty. And none of that mattered. Swearinger sent a message and nobody on Clemson forgot that hit the rest of the night.

Have an attitude. Don't just tackle. Punish.
I know what you are trying to say, but I would prefer that they just tackle vs. attempting to "punish". I'd prefer an Emmanuel Cook style tackle (although he certainly landed big hits sometimes as well) with a good wrapup over constant attempts at highlight hits with a heavy dose of whiffs and overpursuit.
TheGameCockFanOfY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Sadly, it looks like there are no leaders like DJ on this team.
That is what this defense is missing. A vocal leader, who can align the defense from play to play. Cant remember how many times I noticed our guys just looking around with their hands in the air, not knowing what the hell was going on.

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #15
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I will be happy if they simply try to tackle instead of everyone trying to strip the ball. The way I've always been taught is the first guy wraps up the runner, and if he's still upright, the next person tries to rip out the ball.

Also, Swearinger had/has an incredible competitive spirit and ferociousness, but his tackling is HORRIBLE. Off the top of my head, I can't remember anytime he actually wrapped up instead of going for the kill shot. I'm sure there were plenty of times he did, and he still managed to get the job done more times than not, but I most definitely do NOT want the current guys emulating the style of "hit first, tackle later".
Old 09-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 1172754
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Ahh yes back when the Defense actually played like they had a pair! Not talking smack or calling anyone out, but the numbers speak for themselves!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
I think theyll make the practice squad, I think this might be good news maybe they're gonna try to develop them all into a back ups that can be similar to jf if he goes down.
lol and its back

Old 09-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid Ranger View Post
Ahh yes back when the Defense actually played like they had a pair! Not talking smack or calling anyone out, but the numbers speak for themselves!
^this

Old 09-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

IMO we don't know for sure what we have on this defense yet. But whatever we do have, it sure as hell ain't DJ Swearinger. *cries*
Old 09-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #20
Hollywood0071
Recruit

Male

Hollywood0071 has hatched from the shell

Swearinger was good for Clowney. Once he left, it was up to Clowney. Clowney unfortunately was not a good leader but still had Quarles. Now we really have no one apparently wanting to step up and lead. Young D. And you had the guys who left for the Pros (who just got cut by the way...what a shame...we need them!) who would have been a huge help to us this year. Not sure how we keep these guys who think they have a shot when in reality they should really wait and continue to develop for the pros while helping us at the same time.

Hollywood0071 is offline   Reply With Quote