CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Latti
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Spurrier was Embaras (3718)
More David Williams (3590)
Spurrier not happy s (2886)
Is it possible for o (2727)
Gameday in Columbia (2002)
Polls (1928)
Tonight's ugly win w (1536)
Curse of the Chicken (1386)
Our wide receivers w (1087)
ECU is a good team (974)
Gameday in Columbia
Polls
Gameday Sign Ideas
D line pressure
Is it possible for our Sp
"Next week...."
Spurrier not happy so why
Curse of the Chicken
Chode @ FSU/Clemson?
More David Williams Pleas

Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs
Default College Football Live

They were talking about how horrible our defense was tonight. The actual comment was that they had never seen recievers so wide open!
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: College Football Live

I watched that today. Also said a lot of other stuff about coaching ect. We are still getting plenty of press, just not the positive kind. Hopefully that is a good thing.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
They were talking about how horrible our defense was tonight. The actual comment was that they had never seen recievers so wide open!
Wanna know something scarier? I've had to listen since Thursday to all the praises being sung of the Texas A&M Aggies all at the expense and embarrassment of SC. Kevin Sumlin sits down with the SEC network to breakdown video of our game and describe play by bloody play how he massacred us. I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network. And now the TAM QB is calling himself some ridiculous nickname, obviously still high on the scalping he performed. And now everyone else is calling this SOPHOMORE, "Kenny Football." Makes me ****ing sick!
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 318
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
Wanna know something scarier? I've had to listen since Thursday to all the praises being sung of the Texas A&M Aggies all at the expense and embarrassment of SC. Kevin Sumlin sits down with the SEC network to breakdown video of our game and describe play by bloody play how he massacred us. I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network. And now the TAM QB is calling himself some ridiculous nickname, obviously still high on the scalping he performed. And now everyone else is calling this SOPHOMORE, "Kenny Football." Makes me ****ing sick!
He loved every second of it.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
USC843
Recruit

Male

USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

In a weird way isnt that kind of great though? That means that the entire NATIONAL media had bought in to us being a strong program. Thats pretty great. I know this loss sucks, but you don't get "most dissapointing" without having lofty expectatons.

It would be a truly sad day when we lose badly and the national media ignores it because its expected.
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
usc4lyf
Recruit

Male

usc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spursusc4lyf has earned his spurs

I love it. Nowhere to go but up and we will impress a lot of people.
usc4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #7
USC62
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1003248
USC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Glad to know they watched the same game I did.

“I don't know how it feels losing to Clemson and I'm not going to know how it feels,” Clowney said. “Because we ain't losing to them as long as I'm here.”
USC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Hope the team uses that for motivation.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #9
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs

I also saw the clips replayed where the Aggie sideline was laughing at DT 17 when he kept running out if bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing incomplete. What the heck was he thinking? Is he (not) smart, or was he just nervous? That's a pretty basic idea for a 5th year senior, and I hope he can become a better player this week.
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #10
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network.
Your remote does have a button to change the channel, right?

If so, you haven't HAD to stomach anything.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

I don't mind at all every network telling the truth about the defensive showing last Thursday. They need to hear it..also, I expect them to talk about it if we do well going forward.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
I see no lies.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
kingofnerf
Recruit

Male

kingofnerf is learning to peckkingofnerf is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc4lyf View Post
I love it. Nowhere to go but up and we will impress a lot of people.
^ THIS

This game would have been a bad deal if it had happened later in the season because it would have buried us in the rankings too late for us to recover.

We have the one thing on A&M we didn't have before: game film.

Assuming the problems with fundamentals will be corrected, we will be ahead of the other potential playoff teams in defensing this.

We will be on the way up while others are getting clubbed on the head later in the season. Things will balance out by season's end.
kingofnerf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

That's what happens when you get pantsed like that and almost kill the infant SEC network. Got to take the medicine.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #15
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC843 View Post
In a weird way isnt that kind of great though? That means that the entire NATIONAL media had bought in to us being a strong program. Thats pretty great. I know this loss sucks, but you don't get "most dissapointing" without having lofty expectatons.

It would be a truly sad day when we lose badly and the national media ignores it because its expected.
Actually no, I would rather it be disappointing because we have won a couple of NC's and we are disappointing in that we still won but we didn't stomp our opponent into the ground. I would much rather be that kind of disappointing.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #16
GwinnettCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GwinnettCock is learning to peckGwinnettCock is learning to peck

Quote:
In all honesty, we deserve every bit of criticism that comes our way. That was the most pathetic showing I have seen since the Papa John's bowl game.
GwinnettCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I also saw the clips replayed where the Aggie sideline was laughing at DT 17 when he kept running out if bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing incomplete. What the heck was he thinking? Is he (not) smart, or was he just nervous? That's a pretty basic idea for a 5th year senior, and I hope he can become a better player this week.
so you kept rewinding and watching that one play you sad individual you!! I watched the 69yd bomb and the 3 other TD's as well as 366yds he threw for without much of a running game and inconsistent protection, but you are a hater so keep hating!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

We deserve every bit of criticism we get. That was a complete and total embarrassment.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #19
Yearofthegamecock
Starter

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

The coaches should make the players watch these clips the night before every game.
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
That's what happens when you get pantsed like that and almost kill the infant SEC network. Got to take the medicine.
Pretty much what I was going to say. The media experts are just saying the hard truth of what that game was. I'm not going to say that it is okay we played that bad, but it is what it is. The time turn it around is right now. Hopefully, we have the bugs and kinks worked out and some light bulbs have come on or at least in time for the game.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote