CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Gamecocks1137
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
The Yancey
conwaycock2
ESPN Game Day Commen (1196)
Simple "yes&quo (1064)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (835)
Phil Steele just pre (743)
The Comeback & T (728)
TeMarcus Blanton (516)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (511)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Garcia: Change the R (464)
Wallpaper & Back (226)
Best place to watch the g
Phil Steele just predicte
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Simple "yes" or
Where in Seattle
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
2016 - Avery McCall

Old 09-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #21
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb
Default Re: Spurrier Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
I'm still confused as to why Williams didn't play. He must not be that good if he didn't play even with our #1 out.

I'm excited to see him, but to have Carson in there running over Williams makes me wonder why.

JD
He's also missed a lot of practice time with injuries.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #22
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
This is all so confusing. Why wasn't Spurrier on top of all this before the first game? How does Spurrier motivate players like Mike Davis? How does he evaluate the defensive schemes in the off season? Frankly, this sounds like Spurrier lets his coordinators figure it out and he just shows up. Embarrassing.
Yeah....let's fire him! Clearly the man doesn't know how to coach.

<Sarcasm>

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #23
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

About as informative as I've come to expect from a Spurrier presser.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #24
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
This is all so confusing. Why wasn't Spurrier on top of all this before the first game? How does Spurrier motivate players like Mike Davis? How does he evaluate the defensive schemes in the off season? Frankly, this sounds like Spurrier lets his coordinators figure it out and he just shows up. Embarrassing.
Yeah, Spurrier is a terrible coach... He doesn't know what he's doing... Fire him. (sarcasm) You're an idiot.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #25
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

I don't think Waldrop will be starting at RG this week.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #26
jboggs
Walk On

Male

jboggs has hatched from the shell

are you a coch no go ahead and jump of the ship but we will win by 14 next week,and beat GA
jboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #27
JustABigOldCock
Walk On

Male

JustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboggs View Post
are you a coch no go ahead and jump of the ship but we will win by 14 next week,and beat GA

You should be beaten for what you just did to the English language. I hate grammar police but Jesus man have some pride.
JustABigOldCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #28
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
We did have a guy named Ace Sanders who did pretty well.
Yeah not sure if he was joking.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #29
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

There is plenty of blame to go around guys and everyone is guilty for last weeks showing lets just hope everything will be much better this time out.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #30
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewcock View Post
Special teams - our return game on kick offs is horrible. Bad blocking and our return guy does not hit the hole and go (if there is a hole). Punt returns - different because when you face a good punter, fair catches are common. Our kick coverage needs to get better as well.
I know, huh? Here we go again. We hear and see this crap every year about our Special teams. The HBC always says we need to get the starters out there on ST's, but we don't as far as I know. Not enough to make a difference, anyway. I honestly thought ST's would be straightened out this year. SMDH.

I also thought J. Robinson was a great ST's coach, but I think the talent he had at LSU made his coaching look better than it is. Time will tell, but the clock is ticking. I never realized it took years to turn around ST's, especially with the talent we have. I guess you learn something new everyday...
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote