CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc

Old 09-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: All of our defensive players need to watch this video 1000 times

We need Coach Yost to give a speech

Old 09-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #22
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
We need Coach Yost to give a speech

I'd rather this take place and ward admit he's lost and bring spurrier in for help with the D.
1:05-1:40
Old 09-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #23
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMGtpHoLu2I

The play picked up a first down. The taunting resulted in a personal foul penalty. And none of that mattered. Swearinger sent a message and nobody on Clemson forgot that hit the rest of the night.

Have an attitude. Don't just tackle. Punish.
i understand your point, but we must give the A&M players credit. The key was the fact we played per the coach a soft zone ten yards off. It is very hard to cover fast wideouts from 10 yards off. Remember Ace Sanders he would shake players 3 yards off. A&M players were really good. Coach Ward must play bump and run. Aslo when the RB leads out send a CB to the line like Vic Hampton would do last year and disrupt the play before crossing the line. A&M if you look at the film had a cushion of no less than 5 yards on each passing play.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #24
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 850200
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
^this

^this? What's this? I said they played like hot garbage and it's true! But what I'll also say now is this season has just taken it's first step while it was a very shaky one it's just the first few in a long road that is the 2014 season.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #25
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Of course my larger point is simply that the D needs to play with an attitude. Get some fire. But, yeah, I think if a guy is in position to make a punishing tackle, then he should do it. I'm not advocating form over substance and wouldn't suggest going for style points at the risk of missing a tackle. But if you can effectively tackle and do it with a little extra pop, then do it.

How many times have you seen receivers come across the middle to make a catch and get absolutely leveled but still make the catch, then the next time they go across the middle you can see they are tentative? They remember that last hit.

Just play with emotion, get pissed, show some fire.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #26
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid Ranger View Post
^this? What's this? I said they played like hot garbage and it's true! But what I'll also say now is this season has just taken it's first step while it was a very shaky one it's just the first few in a long road that is the 2014 season.
I think he was just agreeing with u, u made a good point
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote