CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
conwaycock2
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (874)
ESPN Game Day Commen (819)
The Comeback & T (690)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (507)
Phil Steele just pre (476)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (469)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (429)
Garcia: Change the R (326)
Wallpaper & Back (203)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2016 - Avery McCall
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or

Old 09-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #81
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nick Chubb

I would have canceled my wedding and missed the birth of my first child for a slim shot at getting Nick Chubb. Not to be extreme or anything..
Old 09-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #82
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

All I know is that whoever evaluated Scott as being higher than Chubb needs to be demoted.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #83
boness
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

the SEC meetings have been brought up numerios times as the factor responcible for SS not being in Cola for this kids visting. maybe the meetings are very, very long, many weeks. if so ok. if not kid didn't visit only once, he visited on two separate occasions clearly at least one week separating them and the article doesn't indicate they were back to back weekends but instead some period of time separating them. unless SS ws at the SEC meetings both visits that validation doesn't hold water.
in regards to the impression an HC can choose to leave with a kid who yes likely does admire him note, in addition to the impact GA's HC and staff, Chubb's comments in regards to Jones of UT and to a lesser extent the HC and staff at Aubarrrn and OHS. No neither got him nor will either get every kid but both are reported to be doing pretty well yr over yr and if Chubb represents the standard both are leaving a lasting genuine positive impression with youngsters whether they choose the school or no.

we all recognize the excellent job SS has done overall. all or us, or at least most, also recognize that every staff, every recruiter, every HC, every human has those aspects he excells with and those that can stand improvement. this general subject, disregard for prospects as people, has come up repeatedly, from sources independent of one another, over time since day one of this regime. amounst the many prospects and even committments lost temp or perm, are two of our most valuable recent gets, green and key. initial commitment lost for eccentially the same reason, lack of interaction. thier decommitt statement ws similiar to chubbs statement , "we didn't hear from them did't think they cared, we didn't feel we were important to them" sort of stuff. note the affect a small display of simple genuine courtesy can have on a person.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #84
USC843
Recruit

Male

USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
I would have canceled my wedding and missed the birth of my first child for a slim shot at getting Nick Chubb. Not to be extreme or anything..
This is honestly the attitude our coaches need to get 5 stars, and they just don't have it.
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #85
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
And when he still goes to Georgia like everyone knew he was going to? How would your home life be? I understand complaining but this the wrong thing to complain about.

The big complaint is that they let well run dry at LB last year, and this year they let it run dry at DE and CB and tried to fill it by recruiting freshman. Well, that is too late. You recruit them in the years before, you don't recruit them same year you have the hole. They need time to get ready.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #86
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Maybe this is his way of recruiting for UGA.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #87
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Well whether we had a shot with him or not he looked damn good against Clemson and if we play defense like we did in our first game, well I don't want to think about it. Only shot we have against Georgia is to stack the line and make Mason beat us. He didn't have to throw any meaningful passes against Clemson and if he beats us with his arm then they deserve to win. We have to figure out a way to at least slow down their running game and I'm not sure we can. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #88
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Well whether we had a shot with him or not he looked damn good against Clemson and if we play defense like we did in our first game, well I don't want to think about it. Only shot we have against Georgia is to stack the line and make Mason beat us. He didn't have to throw any meaningful passes against Clemson and if he beats us with his arm then they deserve to win. We have to figure out a way to at least slow down their running game and I'm not sure we can. I hope I'm wrong.

Mason ain't no slouch. he can spin it if he needs to. he had a 69% completion rate vs Clemson, and there were at least 3 passes that he threw to true freshman who ran the wrong route and the ball got thrown away from them.

I also am hearing that Justin Scott Wesley will be back for the SC game. that will be a big help in the receiving game. I'm sure that Bobo knows the nation will be looking to stack the box against them, and will have a nice game plan in place.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #89
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
Mason ain't no slouch. he can spin it if he needs to. he had a 69% completion rate vs Clemson, and there were at least 3 passes that he threw to true freshman who ran the wrong route and the ball got thrown away from them.

I also am hearing that Justin Scott Wesley will be back for the SC game. that will be a big help in the receiving game. I'm sure that Bobo knows the nation will be looking to stack the box against them, and will have a nice game plan in place.
Well if Mason does that then congrats on your win.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #90
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Just wish we would sign another 5 start recruit. According to TBS(247sports) we haven't signed one since J. Clowney, over three years ago.

Also, I would like to see a change in our recruiting. I think Jr. could be replaced with someone else as the recruiting coordinator, as I said in another thread. Maybe some complacency has set in, which happens all the time when you are over worked and had the same responsibilities for some time. After all, Jr is also the WR coach and Co-OC. Three job titles? Too much.

When you have a commodity like we do in the HBC, make damn sure you utilize that commodity as much as possible, especially in recruiting and fund raising.

Of course, this story could be a load of BS, but we have had problems with recruiting in the past and I think a change would be good for the program.

Last edited by Travelin; 09-03-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #91
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

There is many issues let's fire everyone and let the fans vote on replacements?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:43 AM   #92
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We've had some, but as soon as they commit to us some A-hole drops them a star. So who cares?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #93
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
There is many issues let's fire everyone and let the fans vote on replacements?
I don't want Jr. fired. That would be ridiculous, but I believe it's time for a change in the way our recruiting efforts are managed, that's all.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 AM   #94
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We've had some, but as soon as they commit to us some A-hole drops them a star. So who cares?
Considering what Lattimore and Clowney did for the program, I care.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 AM   #95
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Just wish we would sign another 5 start recruit. According to TBS(247sports) we haven't signed one since J. Clowney, over three years ago.

Also, I would like to see a change in our recruiting. I think Jr. could be replaced with someone else as the recruiting coordinator, as I said in another thread. Maybe some complacency has set in, which happens all the time when you are over worked and had the same responsibilities for some time. After all, Jr is also the WR coach and Co-OC. Three job titles? Too much.

When you have a commodity like we do in the HBC, make damn sure you utilize that commodity as much as possible, especially in recruiting and fund raising.

Of course, this story could be a load of BS, but we have had problems with recruiting in the past and I think a change would be good for the program.
Blackshear is as good if not better than any DE in the country doesn't get the credit he deserves cause he didn't do the camp circuit

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #96
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post

Geesh, that's horrible? 69%?! Kenny Hill threw for 73% against us. Maybe if our DBs continue to give your WRs 10 yard cushions at the line, Mason can improve.

Or you can run Gurley and Chubbs down our throats.

Man, I do not feel good about this game.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #97
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
And when he still goes to Georgia like everyone knew he was going to? How would your home life be? I understand complaining but this the wrong thing to complain about.

The big complaint is that they let well run dry at LB last year, and this year they let it run dry at DE and CB and tried to fill it by recruiting freshman. Well, that is too late. You recruit them in the years before, you don't recruit them same year you have the hole. They need time to get ready.
It is potentially relevant to your, spot on, point. Three of our 4 rbs are draft eligible at yr end. The other has but one yr remaining before he is also. One, the only one who has demonstrated himself to be effective, is almost certainly gone. A second has indicated he likely is as well. The third has proven himself injury prone and generally ineffective. The fourth will be entering potentially his final yr and most backs that do well wisely bolt ASAP and should he not do well......That leaves us with two unproven, modestly regarded true FR at RB. Not, in my eyes, an ideal situation. Very near to the LB, DE CB scenerio you note.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #98
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Eh...should have recruited a 5* DE that year anyways.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #99
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post

both Blackshear and Fields are 5* recruits.....has the state of SC hasn't had a 5* player other than Blackshear for awhile.....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote