CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ReadR00ster
Rebel4ever
Well, as it turns ou (2366)
Luginbill says ECU s (2339)
What the heck is up (1767)
Next years RB situat (1655)
ECU fan here (1352)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1237)
Been a pleasure talk (1203)
Davis dinged up agai (1056)
Freaky Coincidence o (1048)
Defensive stand-arou (879)
For the love of God! -- P
New Photos by Travis Bell
So, Vanderbilt is next
Robin William's fakes dea
Davis dinged up again?
Well, as it turns out, we
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock

Old 09-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #41
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Cack's Toast of the Game: Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
Didn't realize that. Saw it on RTR's meltdown and thought it was this year's. My bad.
Stop trying to stir up trouble and just go away. Thinking that was from this year's first game shows you are lacking intelligence, didn't watch the game or are trying to create controversy regarding our starting QB. Your intention is transparent and your feeble excuse insulting.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #42
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
I watched that overthrow 2-3 more times and couldn't believe Dylan was even TRYING to suggest that it was the TE's fault. Thompson threw that thing over a massive man, and was still thinking he could have jumped higher? Wow.
If the TE wasn't where he should've been then it was his fault.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #43
drumboy
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
drumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
If the TE wasn't where he should've been then it was his fault.
People forget that. Thompson has been taught to throw to a spot. The receiver has a route he's supposed to run. He's supposed to be at that spot. I suspect that if the receivers don't go where they're supposed to go a few times, he'll throw to the receivers who do - like Nick Jones and Damiere Byrd.
drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #44
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Did you see the look on Busta Anderson's face?? He looked ticked.
He did look ticked, and it makes me conerned that DT prefers pointing fingers over actual leadership. This would affect team chemistry greatly as Shaw seemed to be the opposite of this. Not only that, but why are some of you naming DT a the player if the game? Did he even surpass a 50% completion rate? AM didn't even have to sack him as he was running out of bounds 2-5 yds behind the LOS!!!!

Don't shoot the messenger, but I sure hope DT is better than he showed on Saturday!
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumboy View Post
People forget that. Thompson has been taught to throw to a spot. The receiver has a route he's supposed to run. He's supposed to be at that spot. I suspect that if the receivers don't go where they're supposed to go a few times, he'll throw to the receivers who do - like Nick Jones and Damiere Byrd.
DT made some nice deep throws against A&M, but he struggled on the shorter routes. He needs more velocity on those throws. The TD that Nick Jones dropped, had a lot to do with the throw DT made. He floated it up and it took forever to get to Jones. Thus giving the A&M defender time to come put the big hit on Jones. And he definitely had 3 overthrows in the first half. I think Busta Anderson knows how to run the correct route by now and knows where he should be.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #46
drumboy
Walk On

Male

drumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
He did look ticked, and it makes me conerned that DT prefers pointing fingers over actual leadership. This would affect team chemistry greatly as Shaw seemed to be the opposite of this. Not only that, but why are some of you naming DT a the player if the game? Did he even surpass a 50% completion rate? AM didn't even have to sack him as he was running out of bounds 2-5 yds behind the LOS!!!!

Don't shoot the messenger, but I sure hope DT is better than he showed on Saturday!
Criticizing his play is legitimate. Attacking his character is not. Spurrier named him the Player of the Game, not any of us.

You have never had a good word to say about DT, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/colle.../?media=462680

Watch Nick Jones's interview. He actually knows Thompson.

Last edited by drumboy; 09-03-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Busta stopped running and tried to leap up for the ball instead of running through the pass. Dylan was just saying basically "I tried to lead you with the throw. Run through it." At least, that was my take on it.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #48
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC843 View Post
Mich will be the starter by the end of the year. Bank on it.
Yeah the he will start over the guy who threw for 366yds, 4TD's and 1INT while sitting in the pocket and taking quite a few hits to deliver the ball, even stupid is as stupid types....
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #49
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
DT made some nice deep throws against A&M, but he struggled on the shorter routes. He needs more velocity on those throws. The TD that Nick Jones dropped, had a lot to do with the throw DT made. He floated it up and it took forever to get to Jones. Thus giving the A&M defender time to come put the big hit on Jones. And he definitely had 3 overthrows in the first half. I think Busta Anderson knows how to run the correct route by now and knows where he should be.
Well Spurrier agreed with Thompson that Buster ran his route wrong, Anderson did not make it to the 1st down marker on a 3rd down throw....Thompson is a 5th year SR QB, he knows when his receiver is not in the right place and let him know it as did the head coach.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #50
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Well Spurrier agreed with Thompson that Buster ran his route wrong, Anderson did not make it to the 1st down marker on a 3rd down throw....Thompson is a 5th year SR QB, he knows when his receiver is not in the right place and let him know it as did the head coach.
That may be true. It did sort of seem odd though, because it looked to me like Dylan could have throw that ball anywhere between his knees and a couple of feet above his head and would have completed the pass. I don't recall anyone within 3-4 yards of him when the ball sailed over his head.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #51
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

HEY GENIUS the head coach gave him the game ball and he was 20-40 with we all know 2 drops that should have been caught! He ran out of bounds for a 2yd loss once, he made mistakes as did the entire team but he also kept us in the game when we had nothing else....Nothing else, tell us one other thing in that game that worked besides Thompson throwing long....waiting....
Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #52
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
I thought Tyler Hull had a heck of a game.
He did.
Our kicking and punting looked pretty good (nice try by Frye on the 50+yarder that he was wide on)...but our coverage was still abismal.

Also, TAMU's punter looked like a damn stud with his boom kicks.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #53
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
That may be true. It did sort of seem odd though, because it looked to me like Dylan could have throw that ball anywhere between his knees and a couple of feet above his head and would have completed the pass. I don't recall anyone within 3-4 yards of him when the ball sailed over his head.
It was 3rd and 14, Dylan threw the ball to the 1st down marker, Anderson was 5yds from the 1st down line, the ball had left Thompson's hands when Anderson changed his angle and cut his route short.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #54
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:

I thought Dylan played okay.
He completed exactly 50 percent of his throws...that ain't good enough.
I thought he missed some easy throws...but he stood in the pocket and took some big hits...and throwing 4 TDs to 1 INT can't be understated.

But the same thing we said all offseason...Thompsons' achilles heal has been consistency. Thursday we got what we thought...at times he looked great, at times he looked bad.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #55
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
HEY GENIUS the head coach gave him the game ball and he was 20-40 with we all know 2 drops that should have been caught! He ran out of bounds for a 2yd loss once, he made mistakes as did the entire team but he also kept us in the game when we had nothing else....Nothing else, tell us one other thing in that game that worked besides Thompson throwing long....waiting....
First, he ran out of bounds behind the LOS at least twice

Second, you think completing 50% is a good thing??? The long ball was the only thing that worked because he was overthrowing most of the short and medium passes.

I hope that DT improves just as much as anyone here, but don't base your argument on a guy getting the game ball after one of the worst showings USC has ever had!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #56
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumboy View Post
Criticizing his play is legitimate. Attacking his character is not. Spurrier named him the Player of the Game, not any of us.

You have never had a good word to say about DT, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/colle.../?media=462680

Watch Nick Jones's interview. He actually knows Thompson.
Not true, I've had plenty of good things to say about DT, and I hope he turns out to be one of the best ever just as much as anyone here. On the other hand, I'm a realist, and his performance on Thurs was not impressive. Hopefully he sets records of his own on Saturday!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #57
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

My only real issue with DT last week was the running out of bounds. He did it twice in the first half. That's is far on the DVR as I could bring myself to watch. He sailed a couple, receivers cut routes short a few times, and starred down the wr on the int. But Dylan went through progressions and for the most part made the good read. The td nick Jones dropped was on nick. He even said so himself. This game was not lost by the offense on the field. It was lost because the defense could not get a 3rd down stop.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #58
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons

Everyone else gets a big F except Jones!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #59
drumboy
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Not true, I've had plenty of good things to say about DT, and I hope he turns out to be one of the best ever just as much as anyone here. On the other hand, I'm a realist, and his performance on Thurs was not impressive. Hopefully he sets records of his own on Saturday!
My bad. I keep getting your usernames mixed up.

Actually, I just went back and searched your posts under Latti2001, and I wasn't wrong. You haven't said one positive thing about DT.

http://www.cockytalk.com/search.php?searchid=5054121

Here are some of your comments:

Let me clarify, the offense is the best ever with the exception of Thompson. As I thought before the season, he is average as a QB.

Did anyone notice what appeared to be Thompson blaming Busta for the over throws? Busta looked ticked off, and it looked like Thompson was pointing fingers. If so, I'm disappointed in the leadership.

They were talking about how horrible our defense was tonight. The actual comment was that they had never seen recievers so wide open!

I also saw the clips replayed where the Aggie sideline was laughing at DT 17 when he kept running out if bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing incomplete. What the heck was he thinking? Is he...

He did look ticked, and it makes me conerned that DT prefers pointing fingers over actual leadership. This would affect team chemistry greatly as Shaw seemed to be the opposite of this. Not only...

First, he ran out of bounds behind the LOS at least twice

Second, you think completing 50% is a good thing??? The long ball was the only thing that worked because he was overthrowing most of the...

If any of those comments are positive, I'm missing something.Can you come up with a positive comment that you made prior to my post?

Last edited by drumboy; 09-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #60
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
He did.
Our kicking and punting looked pretty good (nice try by Frye on the 50+yarder that he was wide on)...but our coverage was still abismal.

Also, TAMU's punter looked like a damn stud with his boom kicks.
I agree on Frye, when we sent him out there I have to be honest, I expected that kick to land half way through the endzone. He has definitely improved his distance and was really close on that kick.