CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
LeeSC
pitchcock
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Cockypantherfan
Just Booked my Hotel (1487)
Waldrop doubtful for (1139)
Best position coach (997)
We Have A New KO Guy (903)
The New Idea That'll (872)
If we loose to Kensu (662)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (545)
I'm over the loss, b (479)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (326)
So What? (314)
Thoughts on the basketbal
We Have A New KO Guy
If we loose to Kensucky..
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
One dimensional QB
Best position coach or co
Ole Miss football program
Really excited to visit t
Kentucky prediction

Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #121
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: East Carolina Prediction Thread

Never said anything about being a "better fan". I said I am tired of all the negative people around here who tend to come out more and more when something bad happens. To perdict a 22 point loss on our home field is a joke. If you predicted a close loss then so be it. Most of the people I listed either predicted a ECU blow out, or have been negative people for years.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #122
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
Really??? We get called out for posting our prediction. I call it like I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Same here.
Let me get this straight; If you call it like you see it, it's all well and good. BUT, if someone with a different opinion than you calls it as they see it, then they should leave the board?

I said in a TAMU prediction thread that folks predicting us to blow them out were off their meds. I predicted 38-24 TAMU (or something like that). I really thought they would win but not as badly as it ended up being. What I saw on the field on 8/28, to me, doesn't look fixable overnight. I believe ECU will come in here and score points, and if we don't watch it, they too will beat us. Simply calling it like I see it......if that's okay with you.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #123
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Like I said, tired of all the negative posters, if you think ECU is going to win, then you shouldn't worry about someone calling you out to leave if you are wrong.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #124
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Why should someone leave because they think were gonna lose? If we played the New England patriots we would lose but I would still pull for my gamecocks. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than you just because I saw the garbage Thursday night live and if we don't make hella adjustments we will have a hard time winning any game. Will I be there Saturday pulling for my boys? Yes. Am I gonna predict a blow out like some of you? Absolutely not.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #125
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Why should someone leave because they think were gonna lose? If we played the New England patriots we would lose but I would still pull for my gamecocks. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than you just because I saw the garbage Thursday night live and if we don't make hella adjustments we will have a hard time winning any game. Will I be there Saturday pulling for my boys? Yes. Am I gonna predict a blow out like some of you? Absolutely not.
I figured you would be in Louisville? Dude you have been something else for a long time.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #126
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Like I said, tired of all the negative posters, if you think ECU is going to win, then you shouldn't worry about someone calling you out to leave if you are wrong.
So all the people that picked Carolina to beat the Aggies should leave the forum? What was your pick in that game?
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #127
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
So all the people that picked Carolina to beat the Aggies should leave the forum? What was your pick in that game?
I guess you are having issuing reading, I am tired of the negative posters around here. Picking your team to lose to a lower level team by 22 is being negative. People sticking with their team is a good thing.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #128
NBPirate
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
NBPirate has hatched from the shell

Just noticed that one of your corners weighs 165 lbs. That would seem to be a problem.
NBPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #129
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
I guess you are having issuing reading, I am tired of the negative posters around here. Picking your team to lose to a lower level team by 22 is being negative. People sticking with their team is a good thing.
My pick is my pick, isn't this why people start these threads? Carolina let a first time starter light them up at home to a record number of yards. Never in the history of Gamecock football has any team put up that many yards. Let that sink in awhile. If you think my picking ECU by 22 is negative you should have heard my posts after that Kentucky game in 2010.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #130
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

A prediction thread....mmmmm let me think here...I'm no rocket scientist but that gives you some options (+ and -) in what YOU think is going to happen....Maybe the thread that is only for the fans to post that USC to get a W should be called: "USC Circle Jerk?"

If USC wins, I'm all for it...will watch and cheer them on...cuss when things go wrong...etc. My right! And IF they do get the W, I will post I was Wrooooooooong HA!
southerntramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #131
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is your expert prediction for the week after against Georgia? Or the game at Auburn in October?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #132
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
My pick is my pick, isn't this why people start these threads? Carolina let a first time starter light them up at home to a record number of yards. Never in the history of Gamecock football has any team put up that many yards. Let that sink in awhile. If you think my picking ECU by 22 is negative you should have heard my posts after that Kentucky game in 2010.
I went back and look at some of your old posts, like I said I am tired of the negative posters around here, the ones who mainly post when things are going wrong.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #133
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is your expert prediction for the week after against Georgia? Or the game at Auburn in October?
We shall see when those games come into focus, however those are two very good teams, not an ECU.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #134
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I went back and look at some of your old posts, like I said I am tired of the negative posters around here, the ones who mainly post when things are going wrong.
So, we should only post when the sun is shining? Quit stalking me.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #135
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

2 BITS
4 BITS
6 BITS...A DOLLAR
ALL FOR THE GAMECOCKS STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!

: lol:
southerntramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #136
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
So, we should only post when the sun is shining? Quit stalking me.
Not stalking at all, there is a little button that allows people to look what people post. And thank you for admitting you only come out when things are going south.

Like I have said, too many negative people around here, has been like this for the last few years now. 3 years of 11 wins and we now have spoiled fans who most despised. I have no issue with people picking us to lose, however then it is the constant negative people over and over again it gets old. Calling for a 22 point loss at home just proves how negative people are.

If you really think the team is that bad, why post and stay around here? Calling for "your team" to get it's butt whipped is not supportive at all.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #137
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
I agree that anyone who thinks ECU blows us out by 22 is an idiot and not a true fan. But after the piss poor showing against A&M and the fact that ECU has a damn good QB, fans have the right to think this game will be close or that we might lose by a few. That doesn't make them negative, just their prediction.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #138
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

45-42 Gamecocks. Hopefully I am wrong, but this was our D against TAMU.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #139
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:
We shall see when those games come into focus, however those are two very good teams, not an ECU.
Man I don't even know why we are getting in the car to come down there. I'm just gonna call up Ruff right now and tell him to keep the boys in Greenville. I don't know why little old ECU is even playing you guys.

Me personally I would be a bit concerned if a qb that threw for almost 4200 yards last year with 70+% was coming into town that runs the same system you just got gashed for 500+ yards in the air on. We aren't bringing an SEC defense to town.......but doesn't look like you are either!

With that said my prediction as an ECU fan:

42-35 cocks. We commit a few turnovers and you beat us on deep balls and in the middle of the field all day.
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #140
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

38-31 cocks

05USCGrad is online now   Reply With Quote