CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ShutTheSuccop
lake-cityCOCK89
Superadiabatic
highstick
ccured
cockybreeyan
ChickenButt
kingofnerf
400 pasing yards (796)
Funny? (736)
Nosovitch (689)
HBC Weekly Presser (632)
This program has no (583)
Zone Read Analysis w (472)
Thompson Has Neck In (462)
What fish do you eat (455)
KY Suspends 4 Player (418)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
Four UK Players Suspended
400 pasing yards
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Build a New Stadium
State talent drying up
Defer Or Not?
4th & 1 Play
HBC Weekly Presser
Thompson Has Neck Injury
liquor in the stadium

Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous
Default Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense

Pirate fan here. I was as shocked as many of you to see TAMU shred your defense last Thursday night. I think the outcome of our game will hinge on whether or not we put up 30+ points against you because our defense, though better than the one you saw last time we were down there, is also capable of giving up a lot of points (see Marshall game last season). So, how much of Thursday's debacle is due to a) personnel losses; b) bad scheme; c) poor coaching; d) poor effort; or e) just an unexplainable bad performance? I know there were some losses in addition to Clowney. Are the new guys that inexperienced? No offense, but the defense looked pretty lost out there, in addition to poor tackling. Were these issues to result of being totally surprised by a TAMU offense that seemed not to skip a beat without Johnny Football, or are they more fundamental than that?
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck
Default Re: Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense

Fine cast there
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

If you watched the A&M game then you know as much as we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Ahhhh yes, a rhetorical question thread started by an opposing teams fan.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I'd chalk it up to lack of leadership, lack of understanding what the hell to do, lack of toughness, lack of fundamentals and lack of Clowney.

We lacked a defense Thursday. Hoping they show up Saturday, but I have no idea what will happen.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

We don't have one yet.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Pirate fan here. I was as shocked as many of you to see TAMU shred your defense last Thursday night. I think the outcome of our game will hinge on whether or not we put up 30+ points against you because our defense, though better than the one you saw last time we were down there, is also capable of giving up a lot of points (see Marshall game last season). So, how much of Thursday's debacle is due to a) personnel losses; b) bad scheme; c) poor coaching; d) poor effort; or e) just an unexplainable bad performance? I know there were some losses in addition to Clowney. Are the new guys that inexperienced? No offense, but the defense looked pretty lost out there, in addition to poor tackling. Were these issues to result of being totally surprised by a TAMU offense that seemed not to skip a beat without Johnny Football, or are they more fundamental than that?
We didn't want to expose our defensive game-plan for the ECU game, so we mostly played team managers and male cheerleaders on D against TAMU. We got y'all right where we want y'all!

Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
You just need to be glad that you don't have to play us this week. What we did last week was not an anomaly, you will see other big named teams get pushed around by The Aggies, USC will be fine. Remember you are still ECU...
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 46222
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

I think Lorenzo wanted to see if a new defensive flavor would work, turns out he selected swiss cheese. Fortunately, he still knows how to produce some fine aged gouda!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Does ECU have anyone as good as Ricky Seals-Jones?

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
kingofnerf
Recruit

Male

kingofnerf is learning to peckkingofnerf is learning to peck

We will smack ECU just because we can.
kingofnerf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Ahhhh yes, a rhetorical question thread started by an opposing teams fan.
no need to be salty to visitors just because you're mad we lost week one.
cockybreeyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #13
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Does ECU have anyone as good as Ricky Seals-Jones?
Yes.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #14
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Hell our own staff is trying to figure it out....WAS in some 3-4 D that they had no business in a week ago....Heard them yap preseason how they were doing well, blah blah blah....Showed up on the field how they didn't know jack.

THis week may be in a 5-5-1 HAHAHAH!
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes.

Really??? Who is this 6'5" 230lb 5 star receiver??
Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yes.
Come on OP.. Enlighten us on who this unheard of monster is.

Do you also have a Speedy Noil, Malcolm Kennedy, and Kenny Hill? Maybe have a Myles Garrett somewhere hidden on your D too? How about a CB like Armani Watts that will bust a receiver's ass when he comes across the middle?

Look guy, good luck and I hope you don't get embarrassed, but you do realize this is still an SEC team you are facing that had 11 wins each of the last 3 years.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #17
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
We'll beat you soundly.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I can't for the life of me figure out where ECU fans get their bravado from. What could they possibly boast about??
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

A&M is bad ass and 1 of the top 5 offenses in the nation.

We will beat you(ECU) by 3 or 4 TDs
Old 09-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #20
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Quote:

Everyone saw what you guys did to NC Central, and believe me, the nation is scared of ECU.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote