CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2245)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1673)
Spurrier weekly pres (1492)
This would be awesom (986)
How is Shaq Davidson (812)
McConaughey cast as (583)
Perspective on our g (560)
SEC referees? (427)
Currently 2nd in att (408)
Defense and offense (379)
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti

Old 09-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #41
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Uniform thread

We should have went with brown pants last Thursday.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
Master Bedroom
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Home team gets to choose if they wear white or not.
There is no 'additional rigamaroll' we would have to do to wear all white at home.

Personally- I wish we'd wear all white at home, at least for the month of September. I think it would be a great strategical advantage...force visiting teams to wear their dark(er) jerseys in the sweltering Columbia heat of September.
I believe we wore white tops vs bama in 2005 and Spurrier stated heat as the reason for wearing the away jersey. We got ran all over that day...which of course had nothing to do with what color jersey we wore.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #43
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Black uniforms don't exist for Carolina. Therefore it won't happen.
First I didn't say we did or didn't have anything. I said what I wanted to see. I never said it would happen. BUT We do still have the old black unis as others have pointed out. QBs and kickers I believe wore black in the spring game.

Quote:
Other uniform gear that doesn't exist at Carolina:

Black helmets
Garnet Helmets
Chrome helmets
Chrome pants
Reverse-pleated khaki pants
Zoomba jerseys
Jort pants
Jerseys that middle-aged men should wear
White New Balance cross-trainer cleats
Joe Mo styled pants
Leather shoulder pads
Cardigan jerseys
Tear-away jerseys
Square toe kicking shoes
Members Only coaching jackets
Triple Fat Goose jock straps
Way to be an absolute douche nozzle.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #44
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
B/C we sh*t the bed?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #45
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
...all black, we are in mourning now...
I agree with this.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #46
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

I'm probably the only person here who does not want to see black uniforms on the field.
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #47
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I almost started this thread yesterday. I wanna see black unis
We've lost in all garnet before. its our big game uniform. Not changing anything and black is to played out now. It used to be awesome to have black uniforms now everyone has them because its "the cool thing to do"
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #48
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

Black uniforms, 95 degree heat not a good idea in any sense. Our guys already look bad enough they don't need heat exhaustion too.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #49
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

There should be forum rules about in season uniform threads.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #50
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Uniforms are the least of my worries at this point.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:54 AM   #51
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

If anything, the fact that black alternates are so popular means we should wear ours more often than we do. We actually have a legitimate reason to be in black, seeing as it's a school color. I think our black jerseys have been among the best out there, since it's not a forced scheme and doesn't clash. It's really weird seeing schools like Washington or N.C. State trot out black alts when it doesn't really mesh with their identity, but the players and recruits absolutely eat it up anyway. We'd have a great chance to put together a sick black uniform and own it, but stubbornly refuse to for whatever reason.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:53 AM   #52
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Upright View Post
the absolute best college football uni! sad we dont wear these colors anymore :(

Make it happen!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #53
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
If anything, the fact that black alternates are so popular means we should wear ours more often than we do. We actually have a legitimate reason to be in black, seeing as it's a school color. I think our black jerseys have been among the best out there, since it's not a forced scheme and doesn't clash. It's really weird seeing schools like Washington or N.C. State trot out black alts when it doesn't really mesh with their identity, but the players and recruits absolutely eat it up anyway. We'd have a great chance to put together a sick black uniform and own it, but stubbornly refuse to for whatever reason.
There is surely a reason and I don't know what it is but it needs to be scrapped it is 1 of our main colors and most everyone wants it.
<<<Even Ric Flair

Old 09-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #54
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

<<< Cocky wants black tops also.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #55
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #56
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
They were brown by half....especially Ward's.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #57
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel87 View Post
LSU seems to disagree...
so does Georgia tech and the Cowboys

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

I love the all black, wont ever happen but that's what I like. I also like Black top and white pants.

I like all of our uni combos though, the big game garnet is legit for sure.

I want to see white tops and black pants on the road again. That's my favorite road uni.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #59
Pw00132
Recruit

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Let not put on those acu camo uniforms. Let's just wear red white and blue in the stands instead. Those uniforms are a bad omen for us for some reason
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #60
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

You know what's more annoying that uniform threads? People going into them and whining about them.

Some other people are interested in something you're not. Stop being a dick about it.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote