CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2040)
Have you ever been s (1237)
Tennessee Offense Br (803)
Key for 2015 defense (741)
Women's Team Ranked (501)
This season and recr (434)
Skai Moore out for U (416)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (407)
Lebron makes Clevela (333)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (224)
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #41
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck
Default Re: Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense

Quote:
Ha A&M fans sticking up for USC and talkin shit to ECU fans.. awesome.
I always kiss the girl goodbye the morning after.
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #42
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

The pirates are awesome. Been to plenty games, love the fans. Much of my family graduated from ECU, it's a fun place. They are like us, very passionate and realistic about their team. Doubt it'll happen but hopefully we don't get Virginia Teched.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #43
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I'll tell you Sunday morning.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #44
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
I always kiss the guy goodbye the morning after.
Fixed it for you

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #45
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
Really??? Who is this 6'5" 230lb 5 star receiver??
WOAH! A 6'5" receiver! What's the deal with that? Don't these teams know that the best receivers are under 5' 10"!?!?! Just kidding.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #46
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

Here's our wr's you'll probably see for ya just for informational purposes:

7 Isaiah Jones Inside Receiver 6-1/186 SO Austin, Texas (Stephen F. Austin)
80 Bryce Williams Inside Receiver/Tight End 6-6/250 JR Winston-Salem (Marshall)
88 Trevon Brown Outside Receiver 6-2/206 FR Wilmington (New Hanover)
85 Davon Grayson Outside Receiver 6-2/196 SO Suffolk, Va. (Kings Fork)
2 Justin Hardy Inside Receiver 6-0/188 SR Vanceboro (West Craven)
9 Cam Worthy Outside Receiver 6-3/220 SR Blair, S.C. (Yuba CC)
81 Jimmy Williams Inside Receiver 5-11/180 SO Washington (Washington)
Old 09-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #47
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

I think the Ags liked Cockytalk.....glad to see em stick around.

ECU is a good team. Yes, they are ECU but they have scholarship players too. It's hard to tell where the Cocks defense really is. Could we dominate ECU and suprise UGA? - Yes. Could we lose both - Yes.

I'm really curious to see where SCar is both mentally and physically on Sat.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #48
jgh35
Walk On

Male

jgh35 has hatched from the shell

Our problem is that we apparently teach our guys the best way to tackle is to dive at the ball carrier's feet and hope that he will miraculously trip and fall.
jgh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #49
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Pirate fan here. I was as shocked as many of you to see TAMU shred your defense last Thursday night. I think the outcome of our game will hinge on whether or not we put up 30+ points against you because our defense, though better than the one you saw last time we were down there, is also capable of giving up a lot of points (see Marshall game last season). So, how much of Thursday's debacle is due to a) personnel losses; b) bad scheme; c) poor coaching; d) poor effort; or e) just an unexplainable bad performance? I know there were some losses in addition to Clowney. Are the new guys that inexperienced? No offense, but the defense looked pretty lost out there, in addition to poor tackling. Were these issues to result of being totally surprised by a TAMU offense that seemed not to skip a beat without Johnny Football, or are they more fundamental than that?
The defensive problems were all of the above. All but (a) can be corrected. Carolina's talent on that side of the ball has obviously regressed. Too many key departures haven't been replenished adequately. Carolina had a mediocre game on offense, too. While that's bothersome, I don't look for that issue to persist. The defensive issues probably will hang around throughout the season.

That said, and as bad as they looked last Thursday, the Gamecocks still have a heap more talent on both sides of the ball than does ECU (based on observation, having watched most of ECU's win over NCCU). Bigger, stronger, faster, that type of thing. It would take an epic bed-wetting (I'm talking four or five turnovers -- in any case, a performance that's objectively much worse than last Thursday's) for ECU to come out on top. ECU isn't in the same class as A&M. The latter is a legitimate top ten team. The Pirates have some nice players in spots and a cool little scheme, but they are not a credible threat to an established SEC program playing at home with (what should be) a gargantuan chip on its shoulder.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #50
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
The defensive problems were all of the above. All but (a) can be corrected. Carolina's talent on that side of the ball has obviously regressed. Too many key departures haven't been replenished adequately. Carolina had a mediocre game on offense, too. While that's bothersome, I don't look for that issue to persist. The defensive issues probably will hang around throughout the season.

That said, and as bad as they looked last Thursday, the Gamecocks still have a heap more talent on both sides of the ball than does ECU (based on observation, having watched most of ECU's win over NCCU). Bigger, stronger, faster, that type of thing. It would take an epic bed-wetting (I'm talking four or five turnovers -- in any case, a performance that's objectively much worse than last Thursday's) for ECU to come out on top. ECU isn't in the same class as A&M. The latter is a legitimate top ten team. The Pirates have some nice players in spots and a cool little scheme, but they are not a credible threat to an established SEC program playing at home with (what should be) a gargantuan chip on its shoulder.
A well-reasoned and articulated response. Thanks.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #51
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

Quote:
Here's our wr's you'll probably see for ya just for informational purposes:

7 Isaiah Jones Inside Receiver 6-1/186 SO Austin, Texas (Stephen F. Austin)
80 Bryce Williams Inside Receiver/Tight End 6-6/250 JR Winston-Salem (Marshall)
88 Trevon Brown Outside Receiver 6-2/206 FR Wilmington (New Hanover)
85 Davon Grayson Outside Receiver 6-2/196 SO Suffolk, Va. (Kings Fork)
2 Justin Hardy Inside Receiver 6-0/188 SR Vanceboro (West Craven)
9 Cam Worthy Outside Receiver 6-3/220 SR Blair, S.C. (Yuba CC)
81 Jimmy Williams Inside Receiver 5-11/180 SO Washington (Washington)
Hate to break it to you, but that's a pretty ****ty list.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #52
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
hate to break it to you, but you over stayed your welcome.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #53
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Damn ya'll still got that hardy cat? Seems like he's been there for a decade. Is that tall guy the same one who was on your roster last time we played?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #54
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Damn ya'll still got that hardy cat? Seems like he's been there for a decade. Is that tall guy the same one who was on your roster last time we played?
Yes. Hardy is a senior. An average year for him will break the all-time FBS record for receptions. The tall guy is not Justin Jones, who is 6-8 and was an academic casualty last year. Williams may end up being better as Jones never really lived up to his potential.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #55
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
When middle school lets out do you still have access to a computer?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #56
coryusc2008
Heisman

Male

coryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurscoryusc2008 has earned his spurs

Yeah same Hardy, he was a Fr. then & had over 100 yds receiving. He's a ball player, wouldn't be surprised to see him playing on Sundays next year. Carden & him make a nice QB/WR combo. It'll be interesting to see how much better our D actually is cause we're gonna have to do what we didn't do so well last week to win. (Make tackles in space, play coverage, & get off the field on 3rd down) How many time did A&m punt last week? Was it just twice??
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #57
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Yea still here. Amazing the kid was a walk on. And to answer your question I think you are referring to jones. He is long gone and wasn't all that to begin with

Quote:
hate to break it to you, but you over stayed your welcome
Look at you man. I offer you up some hugs and bud heavy and you start defending us. *SMOOCHES*
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #58
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

[quote=jgh35;4248207]Our problem is that we apparently teach our guys the best way to tackle is to dive at the ball carrier's feet and hope that he will miraculously trip and fall to 3 straight 11 win seasons...we had a bad game!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #59
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Our D is about as soft as Mama from What's Happening.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #60
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Yea still here. Amazing the kid was a walk on. And to answer your question I think you are referring to jones. He is long gone and wasn't all that to begin with

Look at you man. I offer you up some hugs and bud heavy and you start defending us. *SMOOCHES*
Yeah I remember Spurrier saying "that number 2 (i think that's Hardy's number) could start for us, that's for sure." Or something like that, after the game last time.