CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Gamecock football Long Te
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat

Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Next installment of USC vs UNC is 9/3/2015

Another Thursday night opener.

Quote:
According to Charlotte Sports Foundation, next season's game between #UNC/#Gamecocks will now kick off on Thursday, September 3.
per GCC Twitter.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Next installment of USC vs UNC is 9/3/2015

I'm so sick of the Thursday night crap.

A neutral site game on a Thursday? Bleh.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit
Default USC vs UNC 2015

The season-opener at Bank Of America stadium, has been moved from Saturday Sept 5th to Thursday Sept 3rd.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC vs UNC 2015

Thank God, those rumors of playing FSU to open the season weren't true. We better actually tackle in preseason camp if we plan on stopping Elijah Hood.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

nm

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Thank God, those rumors of playing FSU to open the season weren't true. We better actually tackle in preseason camp if we plan on stopping Elijah Hood.
I believe the FSU opener is still in the works but for 2016.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Let's pray its not a 6:00 kickoff time!!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

i think this is dumb ... i dont mind the neutral site on a sat but a thurs... many people want be able to come unless the get the whole day off... students wont be able to come in the same numbers... i think attendance wont be that great for this game
Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

10 years ago we needed gimmicks to drive national interest but this Thursday opener at a neutral site should officially kill this trend. Both schools are not going to be represented well and it's going to look bad on tv.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
gamecocks24
Walk On

Male

gamecocks24 has feathers coming ingamecocks24 has feathers coming ingamecocks24 has feathers coming in

I live in Charlotte and I'm not even happy about this decision. My dad and I were planning on going to the game since it was supposed to be on a Saturday and he lives three hours away. I also think this will cause both schools to be represented poorly.
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:
I also think this will cause both schools to be represented poorly.
Sorry I just have to giggle when someone thinks anything could represent UNC more poorly
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #12
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
I live in Charlotte and I'm not even happy about this decision. My dad and I were planning on going to the game since it was supposed to be on a Saturday and he lives three hours away. I also think this will cause both schools to be represented poorly.
We played ECU in Charlotte a couple years ago. I went and the atmosphere was about as exciting as a root canal.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

I am a season ticket holder and usually go to 2 away games a year along with the bowl game but I will not be going to this. I hate neutral field and Thursday night games. Cannot see this working out too well from the attendance side of things.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
We played ECU in Charlotte a couple years ago. I went and the atmosphere was about as exciting as a root canal.
It didn't sound electric on tv. Kinda like the fans weren't into it
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Does this mean they won't be playing Sandstorm?

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Damn all of these Thursday night openers. Damn them to hell!

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

This is the same conversation that comes up every time we play North Carolina. Charlotte has the largest Carolina alumni base outside of South Carolina. The Carolina - UNC match up is an old rivalry and a natural one that features major college programs that will field very good teams. It's a compelling match up that's within 2 hours of most of the large cities in both states and a majority of both alumni bases (I think Charlotte also has the largest concentration of UNC alumni too). It will sell out. I'm personally excited about being able to walk to see a Carolina game.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #18
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
This is the same conversation that comes up every time we play North Carolina. Charlotte has the largest Carolina alumni base outside of South Carolina. The Carolina - UNC match up is an old rivalry and a natural one that features major college programs that will field very good teams. It's a compelling match up that's within 2 hours of most of the large cities in both states and a majority of both alumni bases (I think Charlotte also has the largest concentration of UNC alumni too). It will sell out. I'm personally excited about being able to walk to see a Carolina game.
not concerned about the matchup ... a neutral site on a week night is the bigger issue
Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #19
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I see your point, but I feel like the match up will draw out more fans than ECU did (on both sides).

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #20
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I hate Thursday games and I really hate all this neutral site BS. Charlotte is such a boring place for a college football game. There's nothing around the stadium except freeway overpasses parking was awful last time for ECU.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote