CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
gadeneer1986
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Tennessee game (944)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Texas athletic director:
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #41
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc here)

With all the youth and inexperience, not a bad win for the US today. Rough 2nd half but they held on.

My only thought is if Rimando gets the nod over Guzan with his performance today.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #42
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
That Petr Cech guy is so washed up for the Czech Republic. Who is his club team anyway? Probably doesn't even start!

Chelsea FC and no he doesn't anymore. Thibaut Courtois the 22yr old Belgian superstar GK starts now

How did Shea and Morales look in game? I was busy at work and had to leave my feed.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly
Default The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc here)

Brek Shea is garbage. He has never produced IMO. He over dribbles when he shouldn't, and vice versa the other way around. Won't be fussed if he never gets called back into the team.

We looked very solid in the first half, which is very promising. Gyau and Mix played great as well as Fabian keeping up his great WC form. Brooks played better than he has ever for us. I think he will partner well with Besler. Julian needs to hit the weights big time, but he still has plenty of time in his career. Still so so on Timmy Chandler didn't have that great of a game. Bedoya played a decent game in the middle of the pitch as well.

I know Jozy is young but there is just something missing there with him. He needs to find it soon or his place in this squad can be replaced soon.

The team unraveled in the second half as I thought it would with all those subs coming in. That usually tends to happen in friendlies. Emmerson looks to be a hell of a player and he is only 18!!! His confidence on the ball for that age is amazing. He was the only other youngster that stuck out to me of the subs. Hopefully Fulham get promoted this season, and we will be able to see how he handles the EPL.

Keepers are solid as usual. Glad the USA has always had a great great lineage of keepers down the line. We will be good for a good while down the line as well with Bill Hamid for the future too!!

All in all this match was very promising, and hope the young guns keep improving over the next 4 years. We could have a very scary team by next WC if these boys live up to hype!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #44
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Brek Shea is garbage. He has never produced IMO. He over dribbles when he shouldn't, and vice versa the other way around. Won't be fussed if he never gets called back into the team.

We looked very solid in the first half, which is very promising. Gyau and Mix played great as well as Fabian keeping up his great WC form. Brooks played better than he has ever for us. I think he will partner well with Besler. Julian needs to hit the weights big time, but he still has plenty of time in his career. Still so so on Timmy Chandler didn't have that great of a game. Bedoya played a decent game in the middle of the pitch as well.

I know Jozy is young but there is just something missing there with him. He needs to find it soon or his place in this squad can be replaced soon.

The team unraveled in the second half as I thought it would with all those subs coming in. That usually tends to happen in friendlies. Emmerson looks to be a hell of a player and he is only 18!!! His confidence on the ball for that age is amazing. He was the only other youngster that stuck out to me of the subs. Hopefully Fulham get promoted this season, and we will be able to see how he handles the EPL.

Keepers are solid as usual. Glad the USA has always had a great great lineage of keepers down the line. We will be good for a good while down the line as well with Bill Hamid for the future too!!

All in all this match was very promising, and hope the young guns keep improving over the next 4 years. We could have a very scary team by next WC if these boys live up to hype!!!

He's the only goal scorer during WC quals vs Costa Rica and Panama
Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #45
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Chelsea FC and no he doesn't anymore. Thibaut Courtois the 22yr old Belgian superstar GK starts now
I know. I'm a big Chelsea fan. It was a bit tongue in cheek. (I've watched every match so far this season)
Old 09-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #46
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post

She(a) drives me crazy...ooh ooh...like no one else...
Old 09-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #47
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:

He's the only goal scorer during WC quals vs Costa Rica and Panama

Yeah I understand he has scored a few goals, but he is more frustration than anything. I will put it this way I guess. We have a few better options than him IMO.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #48
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
She(a) drives me crazy...ooh ooh...like no one else...

Sarcasm?? Haha

Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #49
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Anyone know why Yedlin didn't participate or get selected? Resting from WC?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #50
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I see that Aron didn't get selected either .. I figured those two would be folded in with the other young guys.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #51
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Anyone know why Yedlin didn't participate or get selected? Resting from WC?

MLS players weren't able to be selected because playoffs are starting for them I am pretty sure.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #52
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

That's prob why Silva is not there

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #53
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Jozy plays like a sub. I'd rather have a striker from another league that actually plays. Having success in games is a huge confidence booster. I don't care what league or sport you are playing. He clearly doesn't have the right mindset at the moment. High level athletics requires every edge you can muster, confidence is key. Hopefully Brek Shea can escape his ordeal before it's too late.

I enjoyed Gyau's confidence but he was a bit wreckless.

Diskerud and Romando showed out.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #54
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

These people are obsessed with the english premier league, stay in mls, go to Portugal, France, Holland, Brazil, Mexico, they have good leagues too, they can make good money and get playing time.

The competition is bigger in England, they have thousand of 6 2" players with average ball skill just like mls.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #55
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/97741...scom:foxsoccer

the kid is dominant here, I PRAY he continues to improve over there.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #56
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/97741...scom:foxsoccer

the kid is dominant here, I PRAY he continues to improve over there.
I agree he is a very good prospect, but that was a pretty poor play from him to be in that position in the first place. His sprint was quite impressive though
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #57
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

In other news, has there been any buzz on Zelalem or is he definitely playing for Germany? I know there was a hold up on his citizenship but he also declined the call up to the German u-17, so maybe there's a chance
Old 09-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #58
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ocus-on-soccer
Old 09-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #59
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Yedlin has speed but so does Chandler, they need to find teams where they get pt.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #60
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

I can't wait until 10/13 so Donovan will just retire....Hearing that he spoke directly with Sunil Gulati :who I talk with often" about this "going away game" makes me SICK...he just used his whine fest to get one last game without even talking to Klinsmann.

Thank you for what you've done in the past but for now...F you Donovan. I hope he plays you 20 minutes then subs you.

America needs to stfu about a sport it doesn't understand. Donovan has always been an arrogant shit who never won or made it anywhere except at L.A.

Like Klinsmann, I'm ready for the future and not the past.