CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2065)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1551)
Former Gamecock root (1412)
Franks boy's are pla (1243)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (572)
Has the window close (570)
Kentucky is dominati (545)
Bruce!!! (516)
Question for those w (445)
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #141
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: East Carolina Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
Man I don't even know why we are getting in the car to come down there. I'm just gonna call up Ruff right now and tell him to keep the boys in Greenville. I don't know why little old ECU is even playing you guys.

Me personally I would be a bit concerned if a qb that threw for almost 4200 yards last year with 70+% was coming into town that runs the same system you just got gashed for 500+ yards in the air on. We aren't bringing an SEC defense to town.......but doesn't look like you are either!

With that said my prediction as an ECU fan:

42-35 cocks. We commit a few turnovers and you beat us on deep balls and in the middle of the field all day.
Seems like a solid analysis.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #142
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

41-31 Gamecocks.

Our offense is our best defense. If we run the ball and control the clock, we should win the football game. I think their offense will score points, but they will have a couple turnovers. Being optimistic.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #143
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Man I don't even know why we are getting in the car to come down there. I'm just gonna call up Ruff right now and tell him to keep the boys in Greenville. I don't know why little old ECU is even playing you guys.

Me personally I would be a bit concerned if a qb that threw for almost 4200 yards last year with 70+% was coming into town that runs the same system you just got gashed for 500+ yards in the air on. We aren't bringing an SEC defense to town.......but doesn't look like you are either!

42-35 cocks. We commit a few turnovers and you beat us on deep balls and in the middle of the field all day.

Really? You think you are as good as UGA or Aubie? I have heard the last two times we played you how you were going to beat us, still waiting. I think it will be a good game, but talent and depth win out. Last week was a perfect storm for an whipping. They were told how great we would be this year and TAM was told how much they fell off. Wont be the case this week. The D should be locked in. I expect us to go what we do, get back to basics and win the game.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #144
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:
Really? You think you are as good as UGA or Aubie? I have heard the last two times we played you how you were going to beat us, still waiting. I think it will be a good game, but talent and depth win out. Last week was a perfect storm for an whipping. They were told how great we would be this year and TAM was told how much they fell off. Wont be the case this week. The D should be locked in. I expect us to go what we do, get back to basics and win the game.
Not sure anyone said ECU was as good as UGA or Auburn. I wasn't under the impression teams played off what the media says though. I'm sorry the media siked your team out too much. The insight on that is completely appreciated. I'll stop watching games now. Also anyone who talked those last 2 games was insane. This is the first game I've thought we had a real shot. Am I confident?....hell no, should you be?.........hell no. I mean JC though you talk like you've beat us 6 ways from sunday for the last 20 years instead of it being 3-3.

Also I hope the best for you guys. Like I've said in other threads I have a lot of family that are Gamecocks but you telling me you are getting back to the basics when I didn't see one squared up tackle in your entire game against AtM makes my head hurt. Not trying to rub anyones nose in shit but it looked like a blind special olympics flag football scrimmage to me. Hellen Keller could have broken tackles. Wait I get it now...Ricky Seals-Jones was such a badass HBC told your guys to try and untie his cleats at any given cost including the sacrifice of tackling. Am I right?

On a side note if you are at the game I would love for us to have a hug out. I'll bring some bud heavy and we can case race it until you share some love.

Also feel free to come rub my nose in shit if we lose but remember one thing. I don't care. We don't have a thing to lose in this game. You guys cough this one up and you'll have an entire week of censoring cockytalk on being realists.

PPS: You are the type of USC fan that gives others a crap rap. My offer for the free hugs will still stand though. Just no ass grabbing.
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #145
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not sure anyone said ECU was as good as UGA or Auburn. I wasn't under the impression teams played off what the media says though. I'm sorry the media siked your team out too much. The insight on that is completely appreciated. I'll stop watching games now. Also anyone who talked those last 2 games was insane. This is the first game I've thought we had a real shot. Am I confident?....hell no, should you be?.........hell no. I mean JC though you talk like you've beat us 6 ways from sunday for the last 20 years instead of it being 3-3.

Also I hope the best for you guys. Like I've said in other threads I have a lot of family that are Gamecocks but you telling me you are getting back to the basics when I didn't see one squared up tackle in your entire game against AtM makes my head hurt. Not trying to rub anyones nose in shit but it looked like a blind special olympics flag football scrimmage to me. Hellen Keller could have broken tackles. Wait I get it now...Ricky Seals-Jones was such a badass HBC told your guys to try and untie his cleats at any given cost including the sacrifice of tackling. Am I right?

On a side note if you are at the game I would love for us to have a hug out. I'll bring some bud heavy and we can case race it until you share some love.

Also feel free to come rub my nose in shit if we lose but remember one thing. I don't care. We don't have a thing to lose in this game. You guys cough this one up and you'll have an entire week of censoring cockytalk on being realists.

PPS: You are the type of USC fan that gives others a crap rap. My offer for the free hugs will still stand though. Just no ass grabbing.
45-17 cocks.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #146
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
Really??? We get called out for posting our prediction. I call it like I see it.

You can predict whatever you like. We may very well lose to ECU. But some of those picking a lose will be the first ones to jump back on the bandwagon and act like they never doubted if Carolina starts playing better.
Or if we do lose they will use the prediction to rub in if our faces because they were right.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #147
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

Quote:

You do not have an offense that has been ranked in the top ten the last 2 years coached by a guy who has had top ten offenses for 5 of the last 6 years. You also don't have one of the most talented wide receiving corps' in the nation along with an offensive line that isn't missing a beat despite losing two first round draft picks in two years and is probably one of the top 5 in college football. Their secondary and d line is more than a match for you, even if they were no match for us.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #148
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:
You do not have an offense that has been ranked in the top ten the last 2 years coached by a guy who has had top ten offenses for 5 of the last 6 years. You also don't have one of the most talented wide receiving corps' in the nation along with an offensive line that isn't missing a beat despite losing two first round draft picks in two years and is probably one of the top 5 in college football. Their secondary and d line is more than a match for you, even if they were no match for us.
Christ almighty are you thick? I predicted USC to win and you are still going on beating your chest. No one on the damn earth is saying ECU has USC or ATM talent. No one in our fanbase is that dense. Sumlin is also a hell of a coach. We won a close conference championship against him a few years ago but he wore us out many a times too. All I said was we have an accurate qb who runs a similar system and it could cause headaches. The purpose of the air raid is to distribute the ball quickly and efficiently. It wasn't designed to be run by 5* recruits or 220lb receivers. It was designed to use athletic kids to spread out a defense. It doesn't have to have the biggest of fastest guys......it just needs to be run well. The entire question mark of us being effective scoring this weekend is if your corners, etc can bump us off our routes and get enough of a pass rush to hurry the reads. If Carden has any time or guys aren't bumped off routes......we are going to score.
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #149
GaMeCoCk4444
Walk On

Male

GaMeCoCk4444 has hatched from the shell

You guys are insane. Bash me on here if I'm wrong come Saturday, but ya'll are comparing an East Carolina team to a VERY talented Texas A&M team. We had our struggles last Thursday but we will get better and for those of you that actually think that we will lose this weekend is ridiculous. Our talent alone beats them by two TDs. But I think we play very well and wear their defense down in the end and win big.

USC-52
ECU-14
GaMeCoCk4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #150
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1680
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
You can predict whatever you like. We may very well lose to ECU. But some of those picking a lose will be the first ones to jump back on the bandwagon and act like they never doubted if Carolina starts playing better.
Or if we do lose they will use the prediction to rub in if our faces because they were right.
I am nervous before every game, may it be Georgia, East Carolina or whomever. No bandwagon or agenda here. For all Pirate fans who post here prepare to be bashed for your opinion.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #151
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
I am nervous before every game, may it be Georgia, East Carolina or whomever. No bandwagon or agenda here. For all Pirate fans who post here prepare to be bashed for your opinion.

It was a general statement. But go ahead and be the martyr.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #152
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOL, they are fans of their team sticking up for them. As misguided as they might be, we will leave the aggie trolls to bash them
Old 09-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #153
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

Cocks by 14
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #154
jseal777
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his combjseal777 is developing his comb

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I think our offense is about to explode. We didn't get a good look at the offense thursday because the game was out of hand pretty much from opening kickoff, but this is an offense that can score consistently and drop bombs on opponents trying creep up and stop the run game and throws to the tight ends. if our defense can keep opposing teams under 30 points this season we can win out. That is a big if, of course, but I think we will see an improvement. This is a team with a lot of fight in them and I wouldn't bet against them.

we are going to see a team very similar to A&M come in and sling the ball around and put up points this weekend but the major difference is this team will not be exposed like that two straight weeks. these guys will come out on fire and mark my words you will see somebody step up and smack the shi!t out of somebody and set the tone. trust Dylan to expose the ECU secondary and Davis come in and play ground control and keep those guys off the field.
Our biggest mistake last week, other than the poor angles, was trying to sling the ball around giving the ball right back to the A&M offense. our defense was exhausted by halftime. They were on the field way too long because we couldn't set up a ground game and give them a breather.

I mean for goodness sake we tried to throw a bomb on 3rd and 1. I think we will see a lot of the Wildcat if our traditional running game isn't working out for whatever reason. Anything to keep ECU and their veteran offense with those humongous wide outs off the field for as long as possible. I am expecting an offensive gameplan very similar to the second half of the UCF game last year. With the exception of the occasional Byrd bomb to keep the defense on their toes.

That is my two cents. I think we can go out their and punch them in the gut and walk out confident and ready to fight Georgia to the death. So sue me.:f ootball:
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #155
Homebrewcock
Recruit

Male

Homebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spurs

ECU will be no pushover IMO. Until I see our D makes some stops, 3 and outs, etc, I predict a close game. I think we can beat ECU, but only if our D plays better, much better.

Gamecocks 38 - Peg Legs 30
Homebrewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #156
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

I don't do scores because it's a complete guess but I believe our line will play better and we'll be able to run the ball, like we all know we can, and we will be able to control the clock and actually give our D time to rest. I don't see a blowout, I do see us giving up quite a few points but I gotta believe they will put in a better showing this week and we'll win.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #157
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

It's gonna be close, for sure. I'd like to see us establish the run and actually put together a 10+ play drive to gain ball control. The more time we keep their offense off the field the better chance we have.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #158
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

kingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervous

We recruited beasts on defense, not guys who played on the chess team in HS.

Time to get all jiggy and existential with the Monolith and kick butt. It will be the new dawn of Cockdom.

Our defense will show up.

USC 34
ECU 10
kingofnerf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #159
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

35-28 East Carolina, if USC improves we win by that score.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #160
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I think we are going to blow them out, and Dylan Thompson and David Williams are going to be a big part of that. No one has seen Williams play yet, but we all know he is beast mode. I expect to see him carry the ball 10 times.