CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #41
zcoop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 404
zcoop has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Over reacting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthegamecock View Post
Did you watch the game? I don't think aTm played lights out. We simply did not challenge them! They marched down field at will the entire night. So no, I don't believe most of us are over reacting. Just reacting to a defense that is looks nothing like we have grown used to. Now the fire everybody crowd, yeah, they're over reacting
Points well taken, you said they didn't play lights out but just marched down the field at will. That sounds like lights out to me. Everything went according to their plan.

I conceded that the defense sucked and was a step too slow to make the plays. But I won't take anything away from A&M and their game plan vs us.

It is good to see that we now have high expectations. Actually, that's great.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:15 PM   #42
zcoop
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrED View Post
I watched ECU game last weekend and we'll be fine. They are not TAMU.

But, while I think this defense is better than they showed we still have issues that I don't believe will go away. As bad as the defense looked we need to step it up offensively and pick up the slack. The defense has propped the offense up for years now and its time they returned the favor.
I hear ya Ed, football is a team sport but the D did suck. I can agree that the offense could have produced better but can't put this one on them.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #43
Rooster McGee
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming in

I'm hoping we got that fire now after that embarrassing route. I hope the team feels embarrassed and that they do something about it. I also hope we turn things around and can get some revenge against the Ags in the SEC Championship...
Rooster McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #44
zcoop
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster McGee View Post
I'm hoping we got that fire now after that embarrassing route. I hope the team feels embarrassed and that they do something about it. I also hope we turn things around and can get some revenge against the Ags in the SEC Championship...
This team has taken the first step towards that end.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #45
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Many are overreacting now after this win. Sure it's big because it's uga but vs a better qb, our D gets torched again. Thankful Bobo and Richt didn't run Gurley on 1st and Goal late and that their kicker had an off night. Good win to hang on but we still have many concerns on this team. Must say that the 1st half play calling and early 3rd were awesome, vintage Spurrier.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #46
zcoop
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Many are overreacting now after this win. Sure it's big because it's uga but vs a better qb, our D gets torched again. Thankful Bobo and Richt didn't run Gurley on 1st and Goal late and that their kicker had an off night. Good win to hang on but we still have many concerns on this team. Must say that the 1st half play calling and early 3rd were awesome, vintage Spurrier.
Wow! Do you actually believe what you typed? Our Defense played pretty good against a very potent UGA Offense and you still have hate for them. That is a damn shame man.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #47
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Hey genius or CPT Obvious please tell us a team in America that does not have many concerns or if this had happened or that had happened..., it is football, the goal is to win and we won, that is not overreacting!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote