CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Spurticus
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3361)
2014 Subway Classic: (1646)
aTm demolishes Kyle (753)
Cocky at the Duck Co (732)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (651)
Really, REALLY glad (597)
Deer Hunting 2014 (387)
movers, furniture do (322)
Connor to be backup? (293)
Happy Winter Solstic (292)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
official UFC thread. (new

Old 09-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #21
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: If this doesn't give you hope next week I don't know what could

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckdawg View Post
Well let's put it this way, the last time we had a good start by a QB in South Carolina, Nick Chubb was three years old.
Yea but Chubb had already been wearing cleats for two years.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #22
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

WE WILL BEAT UGA...
Old 09-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #23
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Well, it is not like UGA has been hurting for RBs for a good while. Like the last few years, we need the QB to beat us. Stop that run!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #24
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

From College Football News (Fox-Scout)

9. South Carolina will be fine
Thereís a reason why youíre supposed to schedule FCS teams to start the season. Give credit to South Carolina for not truly taking it easy in the opener since the 2007 game against a mediocre Louisiana-Lafayette team, but Texas A&M was razor-sharp and it showed. The Gamecocks are really, really good, but they looked like a team in need of a game or two of seasoning. Run the table, make the playoff Ė the loss to the Aggies wasnít a deathblow. Thatís easier said than done, but donít be stunned if the Gamecock defense rebounds in a big way, looks great against East Carolina, and then takes control of the East with a win over the Dawgs.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post

Thereís a reason why youíre supposed to schedule FCS teams to start the season. Give credit to South Carolina for not truly taking it easy in the opener since the 2007 game against a mediocre Louisiana-Lafayette team, but Texas A&M was razor-sharp and it showed. The Gamecocks are really, really good, but they looked like a team in need of a game or two of seasoning. Run the table, make the playoff Ė the loss to the Aggies wasnít a deathblow. Thatís easier said than done, but donít be stunned if the Gamecock defense rebounds in a big way, looks great against East Carolina, and then takes control of the East with a win over the Dawgs.
Whew. I feel better about our season already reading what CFN had to write. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #26
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
FWIW, here's a good write up of why your offense will give us more problems than Clem's did.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/9...clemson-tigers

no shit we will give you more problems..... its CLEM5-0N!

Clem5-0n Class:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertime86 View Post
I don't see the problem. Ole Glass Knees hasn't done anything of note lately, and he NEVER did anything against CLEMSON!
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #27
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

If I were UGA, I'd sit Mason the whole game. Just direct snap to Gurley or any of the other RBs and bring in an extra blocker.

But seriously, did it look like Mason was about to cry in that Clemson game, or was that just me?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #28
Toneski
Recruit

Male

Toneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervousToneski is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Look at these QB stats...and yet we've still managed to win 4 of 7 games in Cola since 2000:

2000 - Quincy Carter - 10-24, 108 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT (lost 21-10)

2002 - David Greene - 11-19, 169 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (won 13-7)

2004 - David Greene - 19-38, 213 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (trailed 16-0 but won 20-16)

2006 - Matt Stafford - 8-19, 171 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT (won 18-0)

2008 - Matt Stafford - 15-25, 146 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (won 14-7)

2010 - Aaron Murray - 14-21, 192 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (lost 17-6)

2012 - Aaron Murray - 11-31, 109 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (lost 35-7)

Total (7 games): 88-177, 1,108 yards, 2 TDs, 10 INT

Ouch.

And everyone of those guys has been on an NFL roster for at least one season.(except Murray who will be on KC's roster to open) One is a top 10 QB in the league, another made a few starts. That's atrocious.
What the frack does your previous qb stats have to do with Gurley and company? I think you are trying to set us up to get confident/cocky and then you'll hit us with some running back stats later on.....well, we're not buying what you're selling and prefer to just hope we don't get embarrassed.

Enjoy your bye week.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #29
kckdawg
Walk On

Male

kckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervouskckdawg is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneski View Post
What the frack does your previous qb stats have to do with Gurley and company? I think you are trying to set us up to get confident/cocky and then you'll hit us with some running back stats later on.....well, we're not buying what you're selling and prefer to just hope we don't get embarrassed.

Enjoy your bye week.
Pretty sure Gurley and Marshall were on the team in 2012.
kckdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #30
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Look at these QB stats...and yet we've still managed to win 4 of 7 games in Cola since 2000:

2004 - David Greene - 19-38, 213 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (trailed 16-0 but won 20-16)

Ouch.

And everyone of those guys has been on an NFL roster for at least one season.(except Murray who will be on KC's roster to open) One is a top 10 QB in the league, another made a few starts. That's atrocious.
We have hope, we just don't have the defenses that won those games for us and we just don't have confidence in THIS defense to be able to stop anyone. Our coaches seem to have their hands in the air right now. Our lack of confidence has nothing to do with any other team or it's players. It's all about problems with the Gamecocks. If these problems weren't so glaring, we'd be confident.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #31
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

I don't get it. . . Ohhhhhh . . . just realized OP is a dawg. Nm.

Haha!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #32
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
If I were UGA, I'd sit Mason the whole game. Just direct snap to Gurley or any of the other RBs and bring in an extra blocker.

But seriously, did it look like Mason was about to cry in that Clemson game, or was that just me?
Shades of the '09 Bama game, eh?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #33
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

All I can remember about Jawja was last year when they ran Gurley & Douglas down our throats to run out the last 9 min on the clock.

And you say Richt/Bobo have a better backfield this year?

Our LB & Safeties better get ready to wrap up those RB's, our they'll be seeing the swoosh on the bottom of Gurley's cleats.

GO COCKS!!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #34
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post

They had it about right.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:18 AM   #35
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
WE WILL BEAT UGA...
^^ THIS GUY!!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #36
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:

Ouch.

This year it was your defense that didn't show up. Nevertheless, we will improve on defense before we see you again.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #37
rabid cock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10437
rabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
This year it was your defense that didn't show up. Nevertheless, we will improve on defense before we see you again.
You will note that neither Stafford nor Murray EVER threw a touchdown pass in Williams-Brice though, win or lose.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #38
ChickenButt
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
ChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his combChickenButt is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
You will note that neither Stafford nor Murray EVER threw a touchdown pass in Williams-Brice though, win or lose.
Hard to believe we held Stafford to 0 TD, 3 INT in 2006 and still lost 18-0. And that was a good year for us overall. What the hell happened to our offense in that game??
ChickenButt is online now   Reply With Quote