CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
Fight, win, kick a-- (1355)
Why I'm hopeful abou (989)
The Gator Bowl wants (978)
CFN prediction for a (924)
USC will upset Aubur (794)
A simple defensive l (778)
In-state QB talent (574)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (363)
SEC Debate: Best can (349)
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Next installment of USC vs UNC is 9/3/2015

Can we please stop playing in Thursday games? They're gimmicks that reek of second-tier football. It's something I'd expect from a two-bit conference like the ACC.

Also, I edited this post to remove the word "night" after Thursday. We're no longer playing Thursday night games, as the games are progressing towards mid-day. I'm sure the game will be scheduled for some asinine time like Thursday at 5:00 PM.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #22
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I don't really mind it at all. We need to drive interest up in unique ways, and this is one of the few ways we can do it.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #23
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan

I may just be weird but im looking forward to it. Just please dont leave the Panthers field paint on the field like last time. Looked like us and ECU just decided to play a pickup game at BofA.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #24
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
This is the same conversation that comes up every time we play North Carolina. Charlotte has the largest Carolina alumni base outside of South Carolina. The Carolina - UNC match up is an old rivalry and a natural one that features major college programs that will field very good teams. It's a compelling match up that's within 2 hours of most of the large cities in both states and a majority of both alumni bases (I think Charlotte also has the largest concentration of UNC alumni too). It will sell out. I'm personally excited about being able to walk to see a Carolina game.
This. Charlotte is absolutely full of grads and fans from both schools and is accessible for many out-of-town fans as well. There's no way it won't be a sellout or close to it -- anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't aware of the demographics here.

As someone who lives in Charlotte, I'm obviously a fan, but am getting kind of tired of Thursday games as well. Like it or not, I suppose they've become a tradition for us.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #25
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons

Bah. It'll be fine, but I'd rather have a home-and-home. Chapel Hill is a fun trip.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityCockFan View Post
I may just be weird but im looking forward to it. Just please dont leave the Panthers field paint on the field like last time. Looked like us and ECU just decided to play a pickup game at BofA.
Yeah I didn't like that. Designate a home team and paint that schools logos and what not. I don't care if they leave the banners on the sidelines but the field logos just annoyed me too
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
Bah. It'll be fine, but I'd rather have a home-and-home. Chapel Hill is a fun trip.
UNC won't do a home and home with us from what I read.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityCockFan View Post
Yeah I agree...that really sucks. But it will be preaseason for the NFL so I'm pretty sure it will be a Panthers field.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #29
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Neutral sites are for bowl games not regular season games, please stop this nonsense.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #30
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Neutral sites are for bowl games not regular season games, please stop this nonsense.
Blame UNC for not wanting to do a home and home
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #31
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Yeah I didn't like that. Designate a home team and paint that schools logos and what not. I don't care if they leave the banners on the sidelines but the field logos just annoyed me too
I think we should get a sponsor and have some kind of logo at midfield, kinda like what they do with the Chick-fil-a Kickoff. I was thinking of asking Waffle House. A lot of southerners like Waffle House. I know I do!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #32
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I hate Thursday games and I really hate all this neutral site BS. Charlotte is such a boring place for a college football game. There's nothing around the stadium except freeway overpasses parking was awful last time for ECU.

A lot has changed in the past year in Charlotte's Third Ward. The new uptown baseball stadium is amazing (future Carolina - UNC baseball game site) and Romare Bearden Park is basically Charlottes new 'central park' (albeit much smaller) and is in a class of its own as parks go. There are also two new 20+ storey apartment towers and a bunch of new restaurants and bars that have opened up in that neighborhood. I won't argue that Charlotte is a tourist friendly city, but there's a lot more to see and do than there used to be if you're going to be in town anyway.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #33
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
I am a season ticket holder and usually go to 2 away games a year along with the bowl game but I will not be going to this. I hate neutral field and Thursday night games. Cannot see this working out too well from the attendance side of things.
All of the above is same with me...I'm sick of Thursdays games. Its not good for anyone. I'm not taking 2 days off of work to travel to a game that starts at 6pm. I wish Tanner would listen to the fans because I have heard nothing but negativity regarding Thursday games over the past few years. Its fine for TV but for season ticket holders to get the shaft year after year is ridiculous. I'd probably go if this game was on Saturday but no way on Thursday.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #34
jcausc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
jcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spurs

It'd be nice if they had Carolina in Garnet and Carolina in Baby blue in the end zones.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #35
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I don't really mind it at all. We need to drive interest up in unique ways, and this is one of the few ways we can do it.
Since when did we need to "drive interest up in unique ways"?? I didn't know it was 2005 still.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #36
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

Buncha whiny babies. Those horrible Thurs night games have given us nothing but added national exposure over the past decade. I hope we do them until the sun burns out.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #37
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcausc View Post
It'd be nice if they had Carolina in Garnet and Carolina in Baby blue in the end zones.
This is actually a really cool idea.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #38
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan

Maybe do what the Cowboys do with the Cowboys Classic. Maybe name it the Carolina Clash or something like that, and paint endzones both Carolina, with one Garnet and one Baby Blue like jcausa said.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #39
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

I actually like this. It's the battle of the Carolinas right where both states meet. There needs to be a name and trophy to make it more fun. I don't mind playing UNC at all. Last year's game was good so why not. This year being the exception, but Thursday night games have done a lot for our program so I'm all for it. I might go to this one, might get some good seats.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #40
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcausc View Post
Didn't they do that for the Independence Bowl I think? I think it was a black endzone with garnet letters. I could be wrong though, but I remember us doing an endzone like that before in a bowl game.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote