CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
Jim Lahey
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
WeStillOwnUSC
kingoftheroost
Travelin
NinjaSven
Spur's Addiction
Shot in the arm for (1486)
Why do so many of yo (1472)
looks like we have 2 (883)
Custom Jersey (609)
Abu Bowl Ready (491)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (272)
The pets holiday din (272)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (260)
75 Best Bakeries in (234)
Beat Miami (227)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
So, why is next year goin
are the 2014 canes the bi
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
2015 - Mark Fields
Shot in the arm for the D
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
Further clarification on
Wilds & Carson Back f
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 09-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
chucknorrisrx
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 7969
chucknorrisrx has hatched from the shell
Default Future SEC scheduling

Just wondering if anyone knows how the SEC determines who you play in the the opposite division each year? I found the future rotations that the SEC puts out for each team in the coming years but I didn't know if it was a specific rotation or order that each team gets. Thanks!
chucknorrisrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Future SEC scheduling

I believe Mark Richt and Nick Saban are in charge of the schedules.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

UT, Bama, Georgia, and Auburn have everyone by the balls when it comes to scheduling. We should be playing each team more than once a decade. Retarded system we have.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
I believe Mark Richt and Nick Saban are in charge of the schedules.
no, no...we all know Mark Richt has lost control of the schedules
Old 09-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

I don't think there's any "rule" to determine who plays who, it's just based off of a rotating schedule like it always used to be.

I might be wrong, but before Mizzou and A&M joined, you'd play 5-1-2 where it was against your five divisional rivals, one permanent west rival, and two west rotating rivals. You'd rotate the two west rivals every 5 years with a "home and home" matchup, and stagger the opponent for home / away (example, play LSU at home then Ole Miss away, next year play Ole Miss at home then Auburn away, etc...).

Then in 2012, that changed to 6-1-1 (six division rivals, same permanent west rival, then just one rotating west rival). For the one rotating west rival, it'd be LSU away one year, LSU at home the next, then start the process over with another non-permanent west rival.

Now, we're using the same 6-1-1 format, just with new permanent west rivals (for us, arky, A&M and Mizzou) and I think they just completely re-did the rotating west rival games via some "throw darts at a board on the wall" type format...I dunno. We played both Auburn & Alabama in 2010, Auburn & MSU in 2011, JUST LSU in 2012, JUST MSU in 2013 (back on track from 2011, missing them in 2012...weird) and now @ Auburn in 2014 with the new rotation. One would assume we would then get Auburn again at home in 2015 but from what I've seen, we play @LSU.

(The SEC hates us...obviously)

I'm sure we'll see another change before the schedule is set next year :)
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
no, no...we all know Mark Richt has lost control of the schedules
Are you a paleontologist? Because you just dug up a fossil.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #7
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
I don't think there's any "rule" to determine who plays who, it's just based off of a rotating schedule like it always used to be.

I might be wrong, but before Mizzou and A&M joined, you'd play 5-1-2 where it was against your five divisional rivals, one permanent west rival, and two west rotating rivals. You'd rotate the two west rivals every 5 years with a "home and home" matchup, and stagger the opponent for home / away (example, play LSU at home then Ole Miss away, next year play Ole Miss at home then Auburn away, etc...).

Then in 2012, that changed to 6-1-1 (six division rivals, same permanent west rival, then just one rotating west rival). For the one rotating west rival, it'd be LSU away one year, LSU at home the next, then start the process over with another non-permanent west rival.

Now, we're using the same 6-1-1 format, just with new permanent west rivals (for us, arky, A&M and Mizzou) and I think they just completely re-did the rotating west rival games via some "throw darts at a board on the wall" type format...I dunno. We played both Auburn & Alabama in 2010, Auburn & MSU in 2011, JUST LSU in 2012, JUST MSU in 2013 (back on track from 2011, missing them in 2012...weird) and now @ Auburn in 2014 with the new rotation. One would assume we would then get Auburn again at home in 2015 but from what I've seen, we play @LSU.

(The SEC hates us...obviously)

I'm sure we'll see another change before the schedule is set next year :)

It's on a H/A rotation with rotating teams every year. for instance @AU this year, should get LSU at Home next year.

A TAMU fan posted a pod system in another thread, that would have a team face every other team in the conference within either a 2 or 4 year period. It's crazy why this hasn't been done yet. It keeps the rivalries, and a recruit would face every team in the conference before they graduate.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote