CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
KaneisAble
uscgamecocks88
Fight, win, kick a-- (1102)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (923)
CFN prediction for a (871)
The Gator Bowl wants (847)
Why I'm hopeful abou (813)
USC will upset Aubur (710)
A simple defensive l (677)
What happened to thi (646)
Ranking Top HC jobs (467)
In-state QB talent (443)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why is everyone anticipat
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 09-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Muschamp Meltdown

So Muschamp "sort of" suspended 3 players, even though the game never occurred. Well OK, they played one play.

And when pushed about it, he threw a hissy fit at the media.

Video please???

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rs-suspensions

Quote:
A testy Will Muschamp fired back at critics of his decision to lift the suspensions of three Florida players after a Week 1 game that was suspended by a lightning storm.

Muschamp showed his frustration Wednesday when asked about charges that he went easy on starting defensive tackle Darious Cummings, wide receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick.

"It's not just about suspending players for games," the Gators coach said during his weekly media session on the SEC teleconference. "There's a lot of things that go into discipline. It's about altering and changing behavior, which we've done. I think our discipline speaks for itself and how we've handled our football team, OK? If it was about suspension, you'd never have an issue. Right?

"At the the end of the day, it's more than that. There's a lot of things that go into those situations, a lot more than people know. And it's very frustrating for me as a coach ... to have someone being critical and you don't even have all the information."

Senior linebacker Michael Taylor said his teammates are happy with the decision but still faced internal discipline.

"They're fortunate that they didn't have to miss any time with their guys, any playing experience," Taylor said on Wednesday. "... Champ probably told y'all what happened. I'm pretty sure he wasn't just going to let them off with a slap on the hand or a warning. There's always consequences to be paid for your actions."

Florida ran one play -- the opening kickoff -- against Idaho on Saturday before lightning forced the teams off the field.
Of course they're fortunate dude
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Muschamp Meltdown

He acted like an arse last year after Georgia Southern when trying to make a reporter feel stupid for not knowing what a mid-line is. I think he's over his head. Unless he has a really good year I think he's toast.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

One play suspension is a new league record!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
"At the end of the day, I make the decisions in this program, I handle the discipline in this program and it's been handled very well," Muschamp said Wednesday
Wow, I didn't know he was Florida's Athletic Director?!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

What is crazier then that is that there is an actual human being named Jay-nard. Wouldnt be suprised if it was pronounced jay(dash)nard. Smh.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

What type of example does it set when you basically say, you will only suspend kids when playing crappy teams.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
What type of example does it set when you basically say, you will only suspend kids when playing crappy teams.
What does it say about your program when EASTERN MICHIGAN is the team you are afraid to sit these guys against?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

seems fair
Old 09-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #9
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Yall cant be surprised. Muschamp is an idiot. Hes freaking out becasue he knows he's wrong and people are calling him on it. You cant claim you suspended a kid for a game when the game was never played. What a joke of a program right now.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #10
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

As a FL fan I have concerns about Muschamp. However if he screws up this season, he won't get a raise and 8 year contract.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #11
JustABigOldCock
Walk On

Male

JustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his claws

The better question is whose D Coordinator will he be next season? I think some may see where I'm going with this, without going there with this.
JustABigOldCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #12
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABigOldCock View Post
The better question is whose D Coordinator will he be next season? I think some may see where I'm going with this, without going there with this.
He is a great DC just an awful HC.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #13
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Don't go there.

Personally I wouldn't want him. He is too unhinged
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Muschamp has much respect for Spurrier

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
JustABigOldCock
Walk On

Male

JustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Don't go there.

Personally I wouldn't want him. He is too unhinged
I'll take unhinged over that Keyston Cops running into each other Mickey Mouse Bullsh.t we showed 100 million any day of the week.

Unhinged Coach < Pedestrian Pop Warner Coach's
JustABigOldCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #16
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
I'll take unhinged over that Keyston Cops running into each other Mickey Mouse Bullsh.t we showed 100 million any day of the week.

Unhinged Coach < Pedestrian Pop Warner Coach's
You mean something like this?

bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #17
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Muschamp is the kind of guy I would like to talk some shit to just to see if he would actually do something about it.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #18
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Why break traditions?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhusc2002 View Post
You mean something like this?

Nicely played.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

IF IT LOOKS DIRECTLY AT YOU DO NOT MEET ITS GAZE