CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27962)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2224)
Simple "yes&quo (1571)
We actually didnt lo (1343)
Phil Steele just pre (1251)
what I think ab ward (1119)
Eat Crow (1015)
Extremely Proud (1001)
Garcia: Change the R (796)
I want people to exp (724)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
I want people to explain
Stop bashing Dylan
We actually didnt lose
Extremely Proud
Who start on the d line t
Defense question
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward
We would be 7-1 with just

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous
Default The Top 10 Things I like about USC

Contrary to the opinion of some here, I didn't join the board to stir things up, only to discuss a little football. I did probably PO some guy named Lemon in a thread by calling him Liz Lemon several times, but he was being pretty obnoxious. In the interest of fan unity, here are the top 10 things I like about USC.

1. Clemson rivalry. It's one of the most heated and antagonistic in college football.
2. Fan loyalty. Who wouldn't be impressed with a team going 0-11 two years in a row and still putting 80k in the stands week after week?
3. Brad Edwards. I don't know how many here remember him, but he worked in the office next to mine for a couple of years. Great guy. I'm sorry his career in the USC athletics department didn't work out.
4. Friends who are fans. Some of my closest friends are USC fans. One woman is the most rabid fan that I know of any sport.
5. Willingness to schedule ECU. You guys would play us when our sister schools in NC refused. Heck, you even came to Greenville a few times.
6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your private lots, live music, bathrooms, bars, TVs, etc. And I've never even been in a Cockaboose, although a friend from here owns one.
7. The State of SC. I've had some great times there -- upstate, downstate, Myrtle Beach, the Ryder Cup, etc.
8. 1999 hospitality. You guys let us stick around for a week's practice after we beat you in 1999 and couldn't get back to Greenville due to devastating flooding from Hurricane Floyd. We had to play Miami the following week in Raleigh and pulled out one of our greatest victories over the ninth-ranked Hurricanes.
9. Cocks. It's pretty funny the way you embrace your name, and there's something kind of sexy about a good-looking girl hollering "Go Cocks!" over and over.
10. Carolina. It annoys the crap out of UNC fans that you have the audacity to call yourselves "Carolina." I can't tell you how many times I've heard holes fans declare that they are the "real" Carolina. Anything that annoys the holes is good by me.

Here's to a good game on Saturday.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote