CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
kingoftheroost
Interesting quotes f (1194)
We're going to the N (823)
Have you ever been s (716)
Tennessee Offense Br (592)
This season and recr (336)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (282)
Anyone have a recipe (265)
Women's Team Ranked (249)
Key for 2015 defense (180)
Favorite online flas (175)
Key for 2015 defense
We're going to the NCAA T
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Have you ever been so wro
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Chances we win out now?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #21
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: We're Favored By 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
Just out of curiousity but how did you come to this conclusion?
ECU gave up an avg 28 pts per game in in last 6 games of 2013

Lost 5 of their top 8 linebackers

Lost their top 3 safeties

D was ranked 88th against the pass

I can post more, but think you get the idea. This game will only be close (+/- 14 pts) because of your offense.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:

I can post more, but think you get the idea. This game will only be close (+/- 14 pts) because of your offense.
So what you meant to say was we were a young unproven defense. I specifically dispute the "Your defense sucks" comment until its proven. I'm not gonna argue that it may or may not end up being true.......but its unproven at this point.
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighPirate View Post
So what you meant to say was we were a young unproven defense. I specifically dispute the "Your defense sucks" comment until its proven. I'm not gonna argue that it may or may not end up being true.......but its unproven at this point.
I'm not a politician, so I don't feel the need to be PC. Your defense, much like ours, sucks.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
BoobyScoot
Walk On

Male

BoobyScoot has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkrice91 View Post
Ok....So what do you want, or expect anyone to say in reponse? I mean, we can all make predictions, and some are gonna be right, and some are not. Personally, I think that Carolina will cover the spread.
I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this comment. Of course Carolina will cover. Although it's obvious that Carolina will also not cover. Ya'll can debate on which Carolina is East and which is South.
BoobyScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #25
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I'm not a politician, so I don't feel the need to be PC. Your defense, much like ours, sucks.
One diff - they beat up on some NC H.S. team last week 52-7 and as such, don't have a 250000 BTU flame on their backsides to fix several things.

Ours on the other hand - if my feeble memory serves me - will come out with at least moderate improvement in one or two areas (D-line penetration OR secondary coverage) - and our O already came out of the gate better than I had hoped for (even after tossing the game plan...). We do that - we cover - and my lists show it 16.5/17 right now...

Just imagine the spread had we not gotten torched...
Old 09-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #26
RaleighPirate
Walk On

Male

RaleighPirate is learning to peckRaleighPirate is learning to peck

Quote:
Ours on the other hand - if my feeble memory serves me - will come out with at least moderate improvement in one or two areas (D-line penetration OR secondary coverage) - and our O already came out of the gate better than I had hoped for (even after tossing the game plan...). We do that - we cover - and my lists show it 16.5/17 right now...

Just imagine the spread had we not gotten torched..
Incredibly valid point! To make it worse for our experience we only had one scrimmage this offseason with the thought of keeping guys healthy and the NCCU game essentially being a tune up game. The way I see it you guys have already played 2 more games than us.

The spread represents what it is though. To say "imagine what the spread would be if..." is like saying "imagine what the spread would be if our team was better".
RaleighPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
JustABigOldCock
Walk On

Male

JustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his clawsJustABigOldCock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
What crackhead comes up with these lines? I know the sportslines are set to generate equal amounts of action from both sides but for goodness sake does anyone in their right mind think we are 16 points better than ECU? If someone wants to give me ECU and 16 PM me, I'll take that action all day.
I'll do you one better, I'll give you ECU and 24. Place your wager into my paypal account at i'mgoingtostealyourmoney@youbet.com. But seriously feel free to post a screen shot of your bet. I'll bet you won't because you don't.
JustABigOldCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #28
ApexCock
Recruit

Male

ApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Then who in their right mind is taking Carolina giving 16? That's insanity!!!
As others have pointed out, just bet your life savings on ECU to cover with Vegas, it is a sure bet, right??!
ApexCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #29
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Funny...we opened as 15.5 pts favorites, but line has moved to 16.5 and even as high as 17.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #30
fridayserv
4-Star

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

ECU is a good team, it is simple wrong time to play the gamecocks. I assure you the DB's will not give ECU a 10 yard cushion for their wideouts. If you have any questions look a the game with NCCU on ESPN3. Like UCF last year, power football is the answer. ECU played NCCU. NCCU OL vs Gamecocks OL average difference is 6 inches and 50lbs per man. On Defense NCCU starting DT"S 6' 285 vs Gamecocks 6'3 320. Sorry but we have something to prove this week at the expense of ECU. Our Statement game is next week Georgia.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #31
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
You're basing the outcome on last week's game against A&M.

Trust me...we cover. ECU's defense sucks worse then a $5 whore on Bourbon Street.

Many said the same about aTm's defense too, just sayin.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #32
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
What crackhead comes up with these lines? I know the sportslines are set to generate equal amounts of action from both sides but for goodness sake does anyone in their right mind think we are 16 points better than ECU? If someone wants to give me ECU and 16 PM me, I'll take that action all day.
What crackhead started this thread, vegas comes up with the line and they have a ton of practice at it...Genius if you are so confident then bet the house on ecu in Vegas and let us know how it works out Sunday if you still have a house!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #33
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Then who in their right mind is taking Carolina giving 16? That's insanity!!!
quit being a troll

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #34
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

Sounds like the same mess people were saying to about Texas A&M's defense right before they pantsed us in front of the entire country. I am sorry, but people thinking we are winning this game are going by nothing more than BLIND FAITH.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #35
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Many said the same about aTm's defense too, just sayin.
Definitely not me. An SEC defense is still an SEC defense.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #36
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
quit being a troll
He's being logical. One of the few here.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #37
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Definitely not me. An SEC defense is still an SEC defense.
Great, when we get an SEC defense let me know. Because we didn't even have an FBS defense last game.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #38
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Sounds like the same mess people were saying to about Texas A&M's defense right before they pantsed us in front of the entire country. I am sorry, but people thinking we are winning this game are going by nothing more than BLIND FAITH.
Yeah blind faith, the last 3 years mean nothing, playing a very good SEC team compared to a very good AAC team as well as the history between the 2 teams it is all blind faith....You should jump on that bandwagon and bet with the young man, that is 2 houses you can put up...
Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #39
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
If you were not to busy following the troll you would realize he was talking about a&m's defense but keep on being logical....
Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #40
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
ok i will be sure to come back and told you so when we cover

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote