CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
doubledribble
QCB
Roosterboy
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
pitchcock
Busta out indefinite (2185)
SOS says his next st (1794)
Our Defense? (982)
CBSSports SEC predic (892)
Michael Sams done in (360)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (355)
SEC Football Legend: (349)
Party like it's 1903 (338)
CFN prediction for a (323)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (297)
Does South Carolina still
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Anyone Making The Trip?
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Our Defense?
Rest of the season predic
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
CFN prediction for auburn

Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #21
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is it time we get a full time offensive Coordinator?

In another thread there is a video breaking down Dylan's reads...proves Spurrier is calling the right plays and his scheme works, but our QBs have to make the right reads, and Dylan missed some big reads against TAMU.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #22
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I'd rather get a full time Defensive Coordinator.
Points.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #23
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Not sure why all the hate on getting an offensive coordinator. I am not asking that he call all the plays on offense, I am just saying the extra help wouldn't kill or hurt anyone.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #24
CockFest
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000
CockFest has hatched from the shell

Yes
CockFest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #25
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Hate to say it, but I could have predicted the posting of this thread!

When we went 33-6 the last 3 years, including new years day bowl wins, was anybody asking if we needed an offensive coordinator then?

We lose one damned game, and everybody is ready to jump ship! LOL

SOS has earned the right to leave on his own terms, and said he would himself resign if he felt the game has passed him by!

Personally, I don't believe we could get a better coach and supporter of USC Football than Spurrier!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #26
gblack
Walk On

Male

gblack has hatched from the shell

Quote:
I think our defense has been ranked in the top 20 defenses for the last 3 years. Guess where our offense has ranked the last 3 years. I will wait on your reply.
gblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #27
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wish I would have said that! LOL
Old 09-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #28
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Hate to say it, but I could have predicted the posting of this thread!

When we went 33-6 the last 3 years, including new years day bowl wins, was anybody asking if we needed an offensive coordinator then?

We lose one damned game, and everybody is ready to jump ship! LOL

SOS has earned the right to leave on his own terms, and said he would himself resign if he felt the game has passed him by!

Personally, I don't believe we could get a better coach and supporter of USC Football than Spurrier!
I don't wan't Spurrier to leave, and this was not a way of asking him to leave. It was a simple observation. Why does almost every other team in College Football have an OC, but us? Not like we can't afford one, and no they don't have to call all the plays. Hell at least let Steve Jr take the job and get someone else to coach the WRs.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #29
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblack View Post
I think our defense has been ranked in the top 20 defenses for the last 3 years. Guess where our offense has ranked the last 3 years. I will wait on your reply.
You mean the same Offense that helped win 33 games in 3 years, and our last 5 against moo u?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #30
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I don't wan't Spurrier to leave, and this was not a way of asking him to leave. It was a simple observation. Why does almost every other team in College Football have an OC, but us? Not like we can't afford one, and no they don't have to call all the plays. Hell at least let Steve Jr take the job and get someone else to coach the WRs.
Bro.... I feel ya...... but since Spurriers days at Duke, HE has been the Offensive Coordinator!

Do you truly believe Spurrier is no longer qualified to run the offense? That would be the only reason you would ask the question.......

Why didn't you ask the question last season? Or did you?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #31
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Bro.... I feel ya...... but since Spurriers days at Duke, HE has been the Offensive Coordinator!

Do you truly believe Spurrier is no longer qualified to run the offense? That would be the only reason you would ask the question.......

Why didn't you ask the question last season? Or did you?
I never asked the question, but the fact we abandoned the run so quickly is something I wish someone here would explain. No need to abandon the run so fast, even if we are down by 14. That is our strength, to abandon it and not even attempt it was our downfall in that game. Even beyond defense, we just stopped trying to run the ball.

Why I am glad that David Williams gets a chance this week, maybe he won't get injured in the first drive.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #32
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
I never asked the question, but the fact we abandoned the run so quickly is something I wish someone here would explain. No need to abandon the run so fast, even if we are down by 14. That is our strength, to abandon it and not even attempt it was our downfall in that game. Even beyond defense, we just stopped trying to run the ball.

Why I am glad that David Williams gets a chance this week, maybe he won't get injured in the first drive.
If your ONLY chance to win the game is throwing the ball, that is what you do. We couldn't stop aTm......

Just to be clear, the MAIN reason we lost to aTm is our defense could not stop their offense. You do realize that the aggies racked up almost 800 yards of offense. Mike Davis had 19 yards on 6 carries......

If we had beat aTm, would you still have started this thread?

Might I suggest we give SOS a few more games before we discuss replacing him? Hiring an Offensive Coordinator will not happen under Spurrier, PERIOD!

Hope you understand that by starting this thread, asking the question, you are basically asking if SOS should be replaced. That is why you are getting push back from many folks..... myself included.

Quote:
So is your next thread, should we get a new starting RB?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #33
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I do recall quite a few folks asking this same question in that cluster f@ck of a game at Tennessee last year. We don't know what goes on, on the sideline but sometimes he leaves people scratching their heads.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #34
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You mean he could teach us how to lose to his instate rival. You'd like that.
Really?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #35
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The only way you get a full time OC is to fire SOS. Anyone that wants that can bite me.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #36
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:

Why don't you go and pull for one of those teams. Obviously from your posts in this thread you don't know anything about football.

READ THIS ALOUD 10 TIMES:

WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL AGAINST ATM. They were keyed in on the run and forced DT to beat them with his arm which he could not do except for the occasion long ball.

Hey I hear Clemtech and UGAy have OC's and are looking for some more idiotic fans.

I Love Spurrier and what he has done here and what the future holds for us. This first game or maybe the this whole season may suck but I believe that as long as he's here more big things are on the way.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked View Post

Why don't you go and pull for one of those teams. Obviously from your posts in this thread you don't know anything about football.

READ THIS ALOUD 10 TIMES:

WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL AGAINST ATM. They were keyed in on the run and forced DT to beat them with his arm which he could not do except for the occasion long ball.

Hey I hear Clemtech and UGAy have OC's and are looking for some more idiotic fans.

I Love Spurrier and what he has done here and what the future holds for us. This first game or maybe the this whole season may suck but I believe that as long as he's here more big things are on the way.
Yeah thanks for bringing nothing to the discussion. You obviously don't know shit about football if you think hiring an offensive coordinator would be a death sentence to our team.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #38
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
Yeah thanks for bringing nothing to the discussion. You obviously don't know shit about football if you think hiring an offensive coordinator would be a death sentence to our team.
Friend, tried my best to explain......

Hiring an OC would be the same thing as Firing Steve Spurrier.........

Bottom line, we already have a full time OC....... his name is Steve Spurrier.

You do realize, many (myself included) consider Steve Spurrier as one of the best "ball play" callers of all time....... I believe he has a record, a history, that supports that.

If you were honest to yourself and everybody else, you should have just cut to the chase and asked if it is time that we get a new head coach...... because that is basically the question you asked when you started this thread...... don't understand why you don't get that......
Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #39
CockFest
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1000
CockFest has hatched from the shell

I don't understand why when we get behind in a game our offense becomes so predictable and flat. This has been since day one. If I can call the next play from home/or the stands I can bet my bottom dollar that the d coordinator for the other team can as well.
CockFest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #40
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
What are you a trolling tater? PLEASE go to another pull for another team.

PLEASE READ IF YOU CAN... WE HAVE AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR THAT HAS WON 11 GAMES THE PAST 3 YEARS AND HIS NAME IS STEVE SPURRIER!!!

What do want? Fire Spurrier just to get a OC? HBC will not give up OC duty and so if you are saying to hire a OC then yes you are also saying yes to firing HBC which is the best thing to ever happen to this program.

Stop thinking you are all that - Cause your not!

What a DA!
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote