CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
JerseyBird
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
FanofCarolina1
kingofnerf
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
**USC vs. Clemson GA (3884)
looks like we have 2 (1756)
Beat Miami (665)
Decommitment from Te (628)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (547)
Garcia and Clemsux T (511)
Frank Martin's Game (505)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (501)
Cleveland Browns Hea (421)
Need a dog kennel (175)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
2015 - Mark Fields
Decommitment from Texas A
Beat Miami
So, why is next year goin
Previewing Clemson
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Duck Bowl Depth Chart

Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Top 10 Things I like about USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
dude why are you always so grumpy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobyScoot View Post
Excuse that dude. Some people just don't know how to take a compliment. I hope most Gamecock fans will enjoy your post and be proud that there are reasons for visitors to like our state, university, athletic program, and tailgate atmosphere.

Thank Kyle76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInTexas View Post
Grumpy is NOT the word I had in mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
He doesn't care. Seriously. You'd think with the skull and sort of cross bones that he'd be kinder to a pirate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
Wow. Nice guy. We aren't all like that.

Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGarnet View Post
'Section 509 guy, wearing the camo shirt'.....is that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by makingitdrizzle View Post
This clown needs a hug....
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #22
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
There is really only one sport for 90% of UNC fans. I'll give you an example. One of my good friends went to UNC. He lives and dies by the basketball team. He couldn't care less about football. His daughter went to USC, and now he follows Gamecock football and baseball much more closely than his own alma mater.
Honestly I couldn't care less about our basketball team. (or baseball)
I try, but it's difficult.

Last edited by B-G; 09-05-2014 at 09:48 AM.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #23
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
A message board asshole. What a badass.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #24
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Contrary to the opinion of some here, I didn't join the board to stir things up, only to discuss a little football. I did probably PO some guy named Lemon in a thread by calling him Liz Lemon several times, but he was being pretty obnoxious. In the interest of fan unity, here are the top 10 things I like about USC.

1. Clemson rivalry. It's one of the most heated and antagonistic in college football.
2. Fan loyalty. Who wouldn't be impressed with a team going 0-11 two years in a row and still putting 80k in the stands week after week?
3. Brad Edwards. I don't know how many here remember him, but he worked in the office next to mine for a couple of years. Great guy. I'm sorry his career in the USC athletics department didn't work out.
4. Friends who are fans. Some of my closest friends are USC fans. One woman is the most rabid fan that I know of any sport.
5. Willingness to schedule ECU. You guys would play us when our sister schools in NC refused. Heck, you even came to Greenville a few times.
6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your private lots, live music, bathrooms, bars, TVs, etc. And I've never even been in a Cockaboose, although a friend from here owns one.
7. The State of SC. I've had some great times there -- upstate, downstate, Myrtle Beach, the Ryder Cup, etc.
8. 1999 hospitality. You guys let us stick around for a week's practice after we beat you in 1999 and couldn't get back to Greenville due to devastating flooding from Hurricane Floyd. We had to play Miami the following week in Raleigh and pulled out one of our greatest victories over the ninth-ranked Hurricanes.
9. Cocks. It's pretty funny the way you embrace your name, and there's something kind of sexy about a good-looking girl hollering "Go Cocks!" over and over.
10. Carolina. It annoys the crap out of UNC fans that you have the audacity to call yourselves "Carolina." I can't tell you how many times I've heard holes fans declare that they are the "real" Carolina. Anything that annoys the holes is good by me.

Here's to a good game on Saturday.
Thanks, and best to you. I had forgotten about letting ECU use our facilities after that storm. Not to split hairs, but we went 1-10 in 98 and 0-11 in 99. We beat Ball state in the first game of Brad Scott's last year, and then took a powder for a couple of years. Our fans did still love them, especially when Lou Holtz came here.

Anyhow, good luck. Hope you guys do well in the AAC.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #25
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
A message board asshole. What a badass.
Where did I say I was only an asshole on message boards?

I am who I am. Not changing myself just because I'm on a message board on the intratubes.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #26
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

ECU fans are a good lot, I've known many including some bodacious young ladies. Kind of looking forward to the scenery at the game.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #27
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Nice comments, Kyle76.

As one who was born in NC (Charlotte) and lived in Greensboro for a while, I nonetheless grew up down in Charleston (James Island) where my love for Carolina grew to absurd heights – where it remains to this day, win or lose. Loved your comment about how saying “Carolina’ annoys UNC fans. It gave me great pleasure to live in NC with a garnet Carolina decal on my car.

I actually went to the SC/ECU game in Greenville in Oct 1985. Had a great time. And I’ll never forget the banner on the stadium put up by ECU students: “Welcome Gamecocks – the Carolina with guts to play at ECU.” And ‘Carolina’ was in garnet. Priceless.

Love your picture. Dogs Rock!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #28
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Who would have thought bathrooms were such a big deal
Maybe I should have been more specific. I'm talking honest to God indoor bathrooms, as opposed to porta potties or even those fancy air conditioned jobs you see at some high-class outdoor events. Really a bigger deal for the ladies.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #29
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 955556557
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Honestly I couldn't care less about our basketball team. (or baseball)
I try, but it's difficult.
Heh and I was going to ask since you're nearby if you wanted to go to the game in Brooklyn Jan. 3
Old 09-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #30
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Heh and I was going to ask since you're nearby if you wanted to go to the game in Brooklyn Jan. 3
I would go to that just because the Barclays center is sweet.

But probably wouldn't go with you.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #31
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 955556557
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material