CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
HeadCockFan
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (985)
Rest of the season p (949)
Let us clarify some (740)
Tennessee kickoff an (698)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (689)
Tennessee Game Time (669)
Why is everyone anti (646)
Just thought of some (610)
Is Clowney back toni (553)
Holiday desserts
Thoughts on the basketbal
Miss St. defense
How did we not make it.
Why is everyone anticipat
Flopping is reaching epic
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Garber vs Klinsmann round
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo

Old 09-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default To any players reading the board

Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default Re: To any players reading the board

I think our team will be out to prove something Saturday, in a big way.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

I really don't think players and coaches waste their time with this kind of stuff.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"
There should be Cockytalk hats.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Let me add that many of the negative nellies positing this past week are simply trolls, many of the uringe variety.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #8
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Let me add that many of the negative nellies positing this past week are simply trolls, many of the uringe variety.
Speaking of unhinged...
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 AM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
What, exactly, do you disagree with?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #10
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

The troll infestation began months ago. Finally got out of hand this past week. Time to call Terminex IMO.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.
I don't think it's unrealistic to think the #9 team in the nation could stop a bubble screen once in 11 tries. But that's just me. As far as what been said on here, does it really matter? That last performance spoke for itself. You aren't going to have any bandwagon playing games like that. Just the reality of it. People posting on here are upset about the game and they aren't going to blow smoke up the player's rear ends. They aren't all koolaid drinkers who have unconditional faith all the time. They are smarter that than. They just want to see the team play well and win.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #12
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
Speaking of unhinged...
LOL. Speak of the.....
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:29 AM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

This is the thing. We sucked last week. There is no denying it. We are crappy team last week. Everyone saw that, and there is no reason to get on anyone's case for recognizing that disappointing reality.

BUT it doesn't have to be the case this week. This week is a new game, and like Lou would always say, you have a different team week to week. Hopefully this week's team is tremendously better.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:54 AM   #14
Cockyteg
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

so after 3 11 win seasons, the desire to win more is unrealistic?
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:44 AM   #15
NAGamecockFan
Philippians 4:13

Male

NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I don't think it's unrealistic to think the #9 team in the nation could stop a bubble screen once in 11 tries. But that's just me. As far as what been said on here, does it really matter? That last performance spoke for itself. You aren't going to have any bandwagon playing games like that. Just the reality of it. People posting on here are upset about the game and they aren't going to blow smoke up the player's rear ends. They aren't all koolaid drinkers who have unconditional faith all the time. They are smarter that than. They just want to see the team play well and win.
Well said
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #16
NAGamecockFan
Philippians 4:13

Male

NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

But the impression I get of Cocky Talk is that if you're not a sunshine pumper you're a troll.
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #17
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan View Post
But the impression I get of Cocky Talk is that if you're not a sunshine pumper you're a troll.
There are some that would want you to believe that.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #18
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Wait...you guys didn't get one. I got one when I signed up. I also got an official Cockytalk football phone when I hit 1,000 posts.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #19
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan View Post
That couldn't be further from the truth

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #20
Pw00132
Banned

Male

Pw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his clawsPw00132 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Do you know who else has unconditional faith for their team? Chicago Cubs fans. Still support them for all these years and no championship to their name. Let's not be like them. Got to show tough love for your program
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote