CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
cocky-K
SC Sandlapper
b381l
HeadCockFan
eightohhthree
Cockypantherfan
Spur's Addiction
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1590)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1452)
Defense not an issue (1444)
Cack's Toast of the (989)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (974)
I guess we don't get (930)
Legitimate, Unbiased (929)
Antonio Allen vs Als (802)
Look who's at the bo (619)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
why we're in this positio
Was Brandon Wilds injured
Defensive personnel quest
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Celebrity Guest Picker...
On the other hand

Old 09-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #41
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Todd Gurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovettFinger View Post
How good is this guy?

He's the current running back for Georgia.

Lots of power, speed, and talent eh?

Is he going to take the Heisman this year?

How is his character? And does he make wise decisions off the field?
Not much is said about Gurley off the field, so it seems as if he makes wise decisions. But yes, lots of power, speed, and talent. I could see him winning the heisman.
"C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:34 AM   #42
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
Chuck Norris checks his damn closet for Todd Gurley every night before going to bed.
Huh? Why would Chuck Norris do that? Does Gurley have a habit of hanging out in closets or something?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:37 AM   #43
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovettFinger View Post
Thought maybe fellow USC fans had researched Gurley and or had some insight to pass along seeing the 'Cocks play UGA soon.

And yeah if ya want some rookie cards I may be able to help :)

This guys is definitely not a Gamecock. Nobody refers to them as 'Cocks with the apostrophe.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #44
Dawgfanfromalabam
Walk On

Male

Dawgfanfromalabam has earned his spursDawgfanfromalabam has earned his spursDawgfanfromalabam has earned his spursDawgfanfromalabam has earned his spursDawgfanfromalabam has earned his spursDawgfanfromalabam has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Please, if there is a God, let us beat uga so we can put these homers in thier place.
Hey, we're not talking crap.

Is that a Clemson cap on his dashboard?
Dawgfanfromalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #45
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

if a back as good as lattimore can get stuffed at the line, why can't we do the same to gurley?
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #46
Gamecock23
Recruit

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 1st place 2007 Bowl Winner 
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his claws

An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called
"the law of inertia"

It's simple physics really. To stop Gurley, we have to play on their side of the line. If he gets to full speed by the time he hits the LOS, he is very difficult to stop. He weighs nearly 230 lbs while the majority of our defensive backfield is lighter. My suggestion would be to play a heavy 4-2-5 and take our chances with Hutson Mason. Not that my opinion matters, but I would have to following lineup for Uga:

DE - Dixon - 274lbs (Weak side)
DT - Dixon JR - 323lbs
DT - Surratt - 310lbs
DE - Green - 289lbs (Strong side)
LB - Lewis - 228lbs
LB - Holloman - 234lbs
SPUR - Moore or BAW - 231lbs
SS - Williams
FS - Elder
CB - Rotate all three Freshmen
CB - McWilliams

Unless they go to a HUNH offense, then we rotate fresh 300+ pound DT's in all game and rotate in Williams/English/Cooper/Harris on passing downs. I would have Kaiwan spy Gurley on every play. (Hit him on occasion when he doesn't have the ball) The DE's play 2 yards up the field in containment and DT's play head up on the OT to take away the easy down blocking when playing gap.

They can go 5 deep with their RB's. We can rotate 6 300lb DT's and 8 deep with quality LB's. Make it a priority to slow down their running game and hope that the young secondary can grow up and play aggressive Man Free.

I trust that Ward, Botkins, and Brown will get this figured out without my help though!

Gamecock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #47
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

I still believe that a 100% healthy Gurley is the best RB in college football today. Smart & powerful player.

I understand most want Davis to be like that, but he's been irking me as late from antics and looking to be, college sport politics.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #48
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock23 View Post
An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called
"the law of inertia"

It's simple physics really. To stop Gurley, we have to play on their side of the line. If he gets to full speed by the time he hits the LOS, he is very difficult to stop. He weighs nearly 230 lbs while the majority of our defensive backfield is lighter. My suggestion would be to play a heavy 4-2-5 and take our chances with Hutson Mason. Not that my opinion matters, but I would have to following lineup for Uga:

DE - Dixon - 274lbs (Weak side)
DT - Dixon JR - 323lbs
DT - Surratt - 310lbs
DE - Green - 289lbs (Strong side)
LB - Lewis - 228lbs
LB - Holloman - 234lbs
SPUR - Moore or BAW - 231lbs
SS - Williams
FS - Elder
CB - Rotate all three Freshmen
CB - McWilliams

Unless they go to a HUNH offense, then we rotate fresh 300+ pound DT's in all game and rotate in Williams/English/Cooper/Harris on passing downs. I would have Kaiwan spy Gurley on every play. (Hit him on occasion when he doesn't have the ball) The DE's play 2 yards up the field in containment and DT's play head up on the OT to take away the easy down blocking when playing gap.

They can go 5 deep with their RB's. We can rotate 6 300lb DT's and 8 deep with quality LB's. Make it a priority to slow down their running game and hope that the young secondary can grow up and play aggressive Man Free.

I trust that Ward, Botkins, and Brown will get this figured out without my help though!

+1

Also, I think we should bring 5 on every single play. A lot of teams do this, whether its a rush blitz or a traditional blitz. We really need to make the QB beat us and by bringing one of the LBs, Spur, Or Saftey, I think we could not only pressure Mason but HOPEFULLY slow down Gurley and co. Of course, we rarely send pressure so who knows...
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #49
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_nails View Post
Gurley ran past my work truck going up I-85 this afternoon. Kid is the real deal and will run over our Dline and secondary. Kid is a beast.
We have those? I have yet to see us with either of these

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #50
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116326
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfanfromalabam View Post
Hey, we're not talking crap.

Is that a Clemson cap on his dashboard?

I'm not talking smack either Dawg. When I said "homers" I'm referring to people like the OP - whether he is an UGA or Clemson fan. Yes, UGA beat USC in Athens last year. We also beat you guys in Columbia last time.

Bulldogs have a good team, very good. I won't be suprised if you win, but don't be mad because I'm upset wierdos like this show up gloating about another team on our board.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #51
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Gonna be very funny if Gurley has a bad day and doesn't break any long ones.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #52
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
Chuck Norris checks his damn closet for Todd Gurley every night before going to bed.
....because he heard Girly was "in the closet".
Old 09-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #53
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
, we have shut him down before !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And then the next year we didnt.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #54
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Todd Gurleys in the closet?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote