CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
Travelin
B-G
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1610)
Former Gamecock root (928)
Props to Eric Hyman. (799)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (683)
Four USC Basketball (598)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (392)
Bowl packages (353)
Chance of my lifetim (224)
Kentucky is dominati (216)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Former Gamecock rooting f
Kentucky is dominating UC
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Franks boy's are playing

Old 09-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

CockyCash: 800
KLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudly
Default Re: Under Armour Staff Polos

No worries guys, we're all on the same team.

I feel like that's the biggest difference between us and some of the other "retailers." We are in the retail business, I won't deny that. However, we truly care about the people and the products we offer to Gamecocks because we are too.

The friendships I've built by working in this business over the last 14 years might be the thing I love most about my job. I would've never met half of the friends I have today (1 > :p) if it weren't for them coming into our stores.

We're at all the games just like you guys, and we've been there for the high of highs & the low of lows.

Any ways, let's get back on track this weekend, hope to see some of you in the stores this weekend.

I generally try to work at our Harbison or Northeast locations on Gamedays (at least until about 4 hours before kickoff), so if you're in there ask for Kevin. I'd love to meet you guys!

GO COCKS!!!

SHOP ONLINE @ WWW.GARNETANDBLACKTRADITIONS.COM
YOUR HEADQUARTERS FOR EVERYTHING GARNET AND BLACK

KLUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #22
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The price is not too high. Quit complaining.

Actually I think for an Under Armor polo that's a decent price considering at golf stores they can be over $100 clams.

Not to mention you basically shoot the messenger, the guy is a long time poster and fan and you act like his marketing his store is a big deal. Many of you would probably complain that the shirts were of poor quality if they cost $20!

If you go to Old Navy then expect to get crap shirts for $20, but if you want quality goods to the right people then GBT is the shit. They have the best selection of Gamecock stuff around.

Geez.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #23
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Thanks for posting this....

I buy a new sideline polo every two years. This year it came around and I hated the cheap glossy look of the new ones...

With that said, I just bought a white one and i'm pretty pumped!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #24
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervous

I have always avoided the UA shirts because they are synthetic.

Are they hotter or cooler than a regular all-cotton polo?
kingofnerf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #25
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I'm with spareparts. You always get what you pay for.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post

Just got one this year after doing the cotton and it is night and day.
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #27
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 599360
mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:

Not even in the same area code....I have a long sleeve Under Armor Gamecock shirt that is in the style of the Columbia style fishing shirt, but is made of a slightly lighter version of what is in the polo shirts. That is the coolest (temperature wise) shirt I have ever worn.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #28
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

I still have an underarmour golf shirt from 07 and its in pretty damn good shape.

I would def drop the money for it, not sure if I like them this year though.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #29
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I like the quality and the design of UA products, but my issue is the fit. They only make "loose" fit clothing - or maybe G&BT only orders then that way? If I could find a "regular" fit UA t-shirt I would buy it; in fact, I have several basic, non-USC shirts from UA that I really like.

The UA hats also fit weird. It's like the structured part is too high/big for the hat. I have a large skull so when I have a problem filling out a hat then it's a manufacturing issue, IMO.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

They are soooooooooooooooooo much better than cotton Polos. Keeps you cooler in the heat and they are light weight. I have a lot of golf polos now and I much prefer them to cotton polos.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #31
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

for a game or playing golf, I prefer the performance fabrics that UA offers...outside of that, I prefer the cotton shirts as I think they appear dressier (at least the peter millar ones do)
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #32
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

CockyCash: 800
KLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I like the quality and the design of UA products, but my issue is the fit. They only make "loose" fit clothing - or maybe G&BT only orders then that way? If I could find a "regular" fit UA t-shirt I would buy it; in fact, I have several basic, non-USC shirts from UA that I really like.

The UA hats also fit weird. It's like the structured part is too high/big for the hat. I have a large skull so when I have a problem filling out a hat then it's a manufacturing issue, IMO.
I know exactly what you mean, from a collegiate stanpoint for the last 7/8 years all items have been "Loose." However, some of the new polo's will say "Ultimate" fit and UA has acutally redesigned their "Loose" fit. For so long the loose fit has been very square & boxie (if that's a word). The new ones aren't like that.

If you're around Columbia, stop in and try and new one on and let me know what you think. Send me a PM before you head to one of the stores, and I'll make sure the right person helps you.

Thanks!

SHOP ONLINE @ WWW.GARNETANDBLACKTRADITIONS.COM
YOUR HEADQUARTERS FOR EVERYTHING GARNET AND BLACK

KLUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #33
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 955556557
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Personally I need things as loose as they can get :-))
Old 09-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #34
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
for a game or playing golf, I prefer the performance fabrics that UA offers...outside of that, I prefer the cotton shirts as I think they appear dressier (at least the peter millar ones do)
Thanks. Next time I'm in Columbia I'll take you up on that!

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #35
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post

Peter Millar is a much nicer (dressier) product than UA. PM actually makes a fantastic golf shirt as well. And while I'm on the topic, if you're wearing PM get some shoes as well. I love the Peter Millar loafers.

Back on topic...I try and stop in to G&B when I'm up that way visiting the parents, but the G&B on two notch rd near the sand hills was closed every time I went by. Palmetto Moon here in Charleston got all my business this year.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #36
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Peter Millar is a much nicer (dressier) product than UA. PM actually makes a fantastic golf shirt as well. And while I'm on the topic, if you're wearing PM get some shoes as well. I love the Peter Millar loafers.

Back on topic...I try and stop in to G&B when I'm up that way visiting the parents, but the G&B on two notch rd near the sand hills was closed every time I went by. Palmetto Moon here in Charleston got all my business this year.
The GBT and tiger paw is still there on two notch but the jewelry warehouse portion is now a palmetto moon store. The whole location was closed for a while.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #37
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I am glad they got rid of the camo stripes.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #38
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUCAS View Post
I like the Staff one, but my favorite is the "Snap Polo," it's by far the most comfortable shirt UA has ever made!

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00612/Product
Points to you sir. Just bought this one from Todd and Moore for 77 after tax. Pricy, but it fits great (I'm 5'7 155; size small). Seems more fitted than my old UA polos. The logo on the back is tiiiiiight.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote