CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
tcmac08
TaySC
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
GeoCocky66
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
SwampFox
damron
Y Formation
**GAME #1 USC (20-17 (5859)
Daniels Island - Cha (468)
Avicii Dead at 28 (324)
Hootie in Charleston (286)
Dawn gets a longevit (269)
2019 - Savion Jackson
*** Softball 2018 season
2019 - Mark-Antony Richar
**GAME #1 USC (20-17) vs.
Dakereon Joyners' speed..
Frank and Ray Need to Be
***Ace Of Spades - Men's
Dawn gets a longevity bon
2019 - Christian Brown
2019 - DJ Burns

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #3061
dumpyloser
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2700
dumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dennis Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
nope, but usually kids are evaluated pretty fast now. He may receive a few more offers as other schools lose out on recruits higher on their board. But hey every once in awhile you hit on a gem who just clicks in College. Maybe this kid is one of those players like Deebo, but the odds are not in favor of this.
Deebo was much more highly regarded than Dennis throughout the state.

Deebo is not who he compares to if you are looking at current players. He compares more to Chavis Dawkins as far as his recruitment/talent thus far. By that I mean he is the best WR on a powerful upstate team that has potential to be a solid D1 receiver, but most won't count on him to be a stud as a freshman/sophomore.

Hopefully Dennis will play with a chip on his shoulder this year and land himself some more D1 offers to prove the naysayers wrong.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #3062
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material
Default 2018 - Divaad Wilson - Georgia

RB from Miami was offered by SC earlier this week. Is currently a Florida commit.

http://247sports.com/Player/Divaad-Wilson-46036777

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180679
Old 02-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #3063
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
nope, but usually kids are evaluated pretty fast now. He may receive a few more offers as other schools lose out on recruits higher on their board. But hey every once in awhile you hit on a gem who just clicks in College. Maybe this kid is one of those players like Deebo, but the odds are not in favor of this.
I can think of another WR from Gaffney who had three stars who worked out pretty well for the Gamecocks
Old 02-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #3064
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material
Default 2018 - Richard Jibunor - Auburn

ATH from Athens, GA was offered by SC earlier this week. Currently has offers from Alabama, Auburn, NC, & Tenn.

http://247sports.com/Player/Richard-Jibunor-84069
Old 02-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #3065
Gamecocks111
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his comb

I doubt he's a take, similar to Cameron Bent last year. In state kid who got early offer but was never a committable one. We certainly have higher wr's on the board.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #3066
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

Default 2018 - Tayland Humphrey - Florida International

JUCO DT from Hutchinson C.C was offered by SC earlier this week. Currently has offers from Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Tenn & TAMU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tayland-Humphrey-82809
Old 02-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #3067
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

Default 2018 - John Campbell - Miami

DT/OT from Orlando was offered by SC earlier this week. Currently has offers from Auburn, Florida, Miami & Tennessee.

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Campbell-93210
Old 02-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #3068
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

Default 2018 - Dennis Briggs - Florida State

SDE from Kissimmee, FL was offered by SC earlier this week. Currently has offers from Kentucky, Louisville, Miss St.

http://247sports.com/Player/Dennis-Briggs-83237
Old 02-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #3069
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks111 View Post
I doubt he's a take, similar to Cameron Bent last year. In state kid who got early offer but was never a committable one. We certainly have higher wr's on the board.
That's the thing some people on here think when USC offers a prospect that they are going to be the player to go to USC. Look at the offers from USC in 2018, no way USC will take all of those WR's, but I guarantee you that they see something in Smith, and waiting to see how his senior season goes. Deebo was the same way, the only difference USC didn't offer until he was a 3/4* by most sites. Vandy was on Deebo from day 1. This staff already said its going to take the lead when offering, and recruiting sites will follow, and so far they have mostly been correct.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #3070
Gamecock in TX
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2018 - Richard Jibunor

This guy looks like a beast in his 247 profile picture. 6'4, 210 lbs. I wonder what position the staff wants him at. He fits with our new direction of big WRs on the outside, but he could also be a large Safety.

I am excited about the new look of the team in the coming years if we can consistently bring in athletes in this size range and find places to get them on the field and play.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #3071
Cockygaming
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
This guy looks like a beast in his 247 profile picture. 6'4, 210 lbs. I wonder what position the staff wants him at. He fits with our new direction of big WRs on the outside, but he could also be a large Safety.

I am excited about the new look of the team in the coming years if we can consistently bring in athletes in this size range and find places to get them on the field and play.
I am thinking tall safety. I think the WR group is solid at the moment. Either way though, I suspect they will find a spot for him if we get him to commit.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #3072
Cockygaming
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPit

Quote:
Something I noticed this past recruiting cycle was this. Champ would offer a kid, and within a week or 2 he would get three or four more SEC offers.

I saw it on many of the guys we were pursuing. UT UGA and even Alabama did it on a couple of recruits.

Champ said something along these lines as well. I don't recall the exact quote, but it was something like "The recruiting ranking people follow us not the other way around". I also noticed that as a trend. Players would commit and all the sudden would gain a star (or maybe a few points making them a higher 3 star low 4 star) after words.

No I am not implying that they get stars for committing, but I am saying that the players get looked at by recruiting services when they wouldn't have normally. It almost equalizes the playing field for those that go to all the events and those that don't as far as exposure is concerned.

So in the end, what I am trying to say is this. If Champ offers a player that doesn't have many offers. I am okay with that. There is a good chance that these kids will get a second look and find themselves with a few more, especially schools like UF, UK, UT, and possibly UGA depending on location of kid(example Devonte Wyatt).
Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #3073
Gamecocks111
4-Star

Male

Gamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his combGamecocks111 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
That's the thing some people on here think when USC offers a prospect that they are going to be the player to go to USC. Look at the offers from USC in 2018, no way USC will take all of those WR's, but I guarantee you that they see something in Smith, and waiting to see how his senior season goes. Deebo was the same way, the only difference USC didn't offer until he was a 3/4* by most sites. Vandy was on Deebo from day 1. This staff already said its going to take the lead when offering, and recruiting sites will follow, and so far they have mostly been correct.
You may be right, but I just don't see the talent that Deebo had shown even in his junior year. His film isn't eye popping compared to a lot of other wr's I've seen us offer.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #3074
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Hope he's got a birth certificate proving he's under 25.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #3075
J-Man
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
J-Man is sharpening his clawsJ-Man is sharpening his clawsJ-Man is sharpening his clawsJ-Man is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Hope he's got a birth certificate proving he's under 25.
My thought exactly.... Haha.

Though as long as he hasn't used up his eligibility... I wouldn't care if he was 45...
Old 02-18-2017, 01:30 AM   #3076
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks111 View Post
You may be right, but I just don't see the talent that Deebo had shown even in his junior year. His film isn't eye popping compared to a lot of other wr's I've seen us offer.
That's the deal if he does blow up, USC has the offer out, and hopefully will be his school of choice. I saw some great catches, if he can do those more regularly he'll be a great WR.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #3077
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Artur Sitkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Any chance we're still in the mix for this kid?

Would be a significant addition.
No reason to think we're not in the mix. He's consistently mentioned us as one of his favorites in every interview since last summer. We are one of 5 teams that have a current "warm" status with him on 247. He's a big, strong armed, pure passer with deceptive mobility, much like our current quarterback...he has to like how he'd fit with us. And here's an "X" factor: he's now playing at IMG Academy with our top 2018 target Xavier Thomas. It's weird that there is so little Cockytalk buzz about Sitkowski considering how highly ranked he is (a top 5 QB nationally on most sites) and considering that we're legitimately in the mix.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #3078
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
No reason to think we're not in the mix. He's consistently mentioned us as one of his favorites in every interview since last summer. We are one of 5 teams that have a current "warm" status with him on 247. He's a big, strong armed, pure passer with deceptive mobility, much like our current quarterback...he has to like how he'd fit with us. And here's an "X" factor: he's now playing at IMG Academy with our top 2018 target Xavier Thomas. It's weird that there is so little Cockytalk buzz about Sitkowski considering how highly ranked he is (a top 5 QB nationally on most sites) and considering that we're legitimately in the mix.
Sitkowski gets no recognition on here because of everyone's infatuation with Joyner, and rightly so being a in-state guy with the type of dynamic play style he has. As far as the IMG connection is concerned, it could definitely workout for us if he committed... but something just tells me Xavier has his mind made up on where he's going and is just enjoying being told you're the second coming of XYZ everyday so I doubt that would sway his choice much, but that hasn't stopped Who? Mike Jones! from doing it.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:18 AM   #3079
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Any chance we're still in the mix for this kid?

Would be a significant addition.
I doubt we are taking two QB. We have too many other needs to fill.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #3080
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I doubt we are taking two QB. We have too many other needs to fill.
I wouldn't be surprised if we do take to this cycle. Last thing CWM wants is a season without a capable qb. We only have one guy right now that can lead us to victory. We will need more than that moving forward.
Closed Thread