CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
robgusc76
MountainCock
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
NAGamec0ckFan
Three and Out
The Yancey
Dear Muschamp: Not (1456)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (1011)
I hope Jamarcus King (753)
Goergia Dome Collaps (413)
#600 (368)
New Whip (262)
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATER (239)
NFL TV Partners Set (88)
Funny story from my (83)
4 Clemson Tickets wi (39)
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Clemson
CFN Team ranking 1-130
2018 - Channing Tindall
2019 - Ani Izuchukwu
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Clemson opponents avg rec
2018 - Dorian Gerald
NFL TV Partners Set to Lo

Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #21
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 Roster

Definitely a diverse roster, location-wise that is.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644973229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
It's the second most attended sport at South Carolina, I believe.
Third, after FB and MBB.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #23
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

USC MBB and WBB attendance was almost identical in 2016.

I've seen one source say men averaged just under 12k and the women just over 12k and I've seen another that claimed the men averaged 12.2k, which is roughly 200 more fans per game than the women.

We are probably about the only school where the women are anywhere near the men's attendance, but ours are certainly very close.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #24
boness
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
boness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his combboness is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

I've seen one source say men averaged just under 12k and the women just over 12k and I've seen another that claimed the men averaged 12.2k, which is roughly 200 more fans per game than the women.

We are probably about the only school where the women are anywhere near the men's attendance, but ours are certainly very close.
The best place to measure fan support is thru season ticket sales, buying based on expectations and yr over yr. support IMO.

The most significant separation between mens and womens BB programs comparative standing is in attracting high level recruits and transfers, particularly within the primary 50-100 or so mile radius of SC campus ( in state plus state line kids)

Prospects outside of the top 10 but inside the top 50ish... Men have a good shot at securing a portion of such kids with gets like PJ and misses like Woods etc. Odds are firmly against the mens program with top ten prospects to include those in and immediately around the state. If and when they break thru on one such kid it will break a very long history of misses starting way back with X-man and Corbin and including a who s who stretching from LSU, Wichita State, UNC, Depaul etc. and of course, out of HS and into round 1. Getting top 50ish kids is still a bit of a welcomed surprise. Getting a top 10 will be just about like popping a cherry.

The womens program has now risen to the opposite expectation. ..
Missing on a top instate, to include top 10 prospects would be an unwelcome surprise. They have established an expectation of securing such prospects the only way that expectation can be established..... a firm, consistent history of doing so. JMO WVP

Last edited by boness; 04-21-2017 at 04:01 PM..
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #25
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the 3 spot or biggest guard in a 3 guard lineup i think is my best biggest question. i cant see us going felder/gravett/holden because of the lack of size but maybe ill be surpised. even if blanton becomes a great 3 point shooter, the athleticism hes lost i dont think makes him an option as a potential starter. out of the returnees i wonder if tut is a guy who could be in the mix there along with hinson or if its beatty/doumbia's spot to lose.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #26
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
the 3 spot or biggest guard in a 3 guard lineup i think is my best biggest question. i cant see us going felder/gravett/holden because of the lack of size but maybe ill be surpised. even if blanton becomes a great 3 point shooter, the athleticism hes lost i dont think makes him an option as a potential starter. out of the returnees i wonder if tut is a guy who could be in the mix there along with hinson or if its beatty/doumbia's spot to lose.
Unless he can recover by next fall, I think Blanton's physical limitations are too great for him to play much. If he were physically able, I think Frank would have played him more the last third of the season.

I don't think Frank will want to play three small guards unless its late in a game when we need ball handling and three point shooting. So, I don't expect to see Felder, Gravett and Holden in the game together very often. I don't think Frank would want to start such a lineup. I think Doumbia will be a 3 from his first day in Columbia. Either he or Beatty will be the starter at that position, imo. Hinson won't join the team until after football, so unless people get hurt, he will always come off the bench.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #27
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

Per NCAA

2016 MBB 227,911 11,995
WBB 244,196 14,364

I can tell you that I attended 3/4 of the WBB and all of the MBB that year and the WBB had much bigger crowds -- in fact in terms of butts in seats the margin was probably wider than these numbers show.

I'm not sure about 2017. The men set an attendance record and I feel like the women suffered from the school's money grab in terms of actual attendance. But then again there were a lot of inflated numbers for the men too.

I would guess it was close.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #28
Dpcocks
Recruit

Male

Dpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervousDpcocks is making other chickens nervous

I would like to see Hinson get some time at the 3 next year. In the Alabama game he brought so much energy off the bench and he is built like a truck. Also I think we are gonna sign a transfer who is going to play, hopefully that player is cam Johnson because his tape looks ridiculous. 6'8 who handles the ball like a guard and shoots the lights out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #29
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
Per NCAA

2016 MBB 227,911 11,995
WBB 244,196 14,364

I can tell you that I attended 3/4 of the WBB and all of the MBB that year and the WBB had much bigger crowds -- in fact in terms of butts in seats the margin was probably wider than these numbers show.

I'm not sure about 2017. The men set an attendance record and I feel like the women suffered from the school's money grab in terms of actual attendance. But then again there were a lot of inflated numbers for the men too.

I would guess it was close.
I generally consider average attendance instead of total attendance.

In 2016-17 the men averaged 13,396 and the women averaged 12,277. You have to go to the miscellaneous tab.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport...MBB&division=1

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
Old 04-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #30
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I generally consider average attendance instead of total attendance.

In 2016-17 the men averaged 13,396 and the women averaged 12,277. You have to go to the miscellaneous tab.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport...MBB&division=1

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div
And it should go up, even further in the near future.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #31
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
And it should go up, even further in the near future.
I bet the men will move into the top ten in attendance next season and the women will remain number 1 and move over 13,000.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #32
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

It's ridiculous that 15000 people can't make their way to a basketball game CONSISTENTLY..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #33
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I bet the men will move into the top ten in attendance next season and the women will remain number 1 and move over 13,000.
Need to fill the CLA at about 90% of it's capacity for each game. That's just over 16,000 per game. That would put is firmly in the top 10 in attendance for Men's Basketball.

I think it will happen very soon. We need more sell-outs to make it happen. I think the KY games are the only sell outs each year. Need to change that, especially in SEC games. All of those games are huge for our post season potential and the SEC is gaining a lot of momentum in college basketball right now.

If we sold out every game like some schools do, we could reach the top 5 since the CLA holds 18,000 fans.

Can't wait to see this year's schedule.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #34
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
It's ridiculous that 15000 people can't make their way to a basketball game CONSISTENTLY..
They could, but this is the South and USC is known as a "football school" despite the fact that we've never achieved much in football to begin with. All the tailgating, pre-gaming and other festivities are associated with the football season. There's not a lot of pomp and circumstance for basketball.

Plus, football has the advantage of being a weekend game.

So, students and the younger demographic don't naturally flock to CLA for basketball games unless the team is in-your-face good and word makes round. The last two seasons are perfect examples of that. I think attendance will continue to go up next season, but I hope there's better marketing and promotion for both teams next season, so that there's a fan culture around basketball.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #35
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I never heard back from the ticket office about my season ticket request and I am probably not the only one.

So I tend to believe the empty seats are not just because ST holders don't come to the games.

It also helps if the team doesn't poop the bed in late Feb to early March like it did this past season.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #36
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Jarrell Holliman. Will he be back? Hasn't played much at all and we never hear anything about him.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #37
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
Jarrell Holliman. Will he be back? Hasn't played much at all and we never hear anything about him.
Walk-on, as far as the numbers go and getting a grad transfer him returning or not is a non factor. That said I expect him back.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #38
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Walk-on, as far as the numbers go and getting a grad transfer him returning or not is a non factor. That said I expect him back.
Thanks, thought he was on a scholly.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #39
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 14513000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Minaya in now and talk of others so who is leaving?????????
Old 05-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #40
donniebaseball
4-Star

Male

donniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
No. NAME Pos Hgt Wgt Cl Exp Home Town/Last School
5 T Blanton G 6"5" 206 RS SO 1VL Locust Grove, Ga
13 Tommy Corchiani G 6'1" 173 FR HS Raleigh, N.C.
4 Rakym Felder G 5'10" 210 FR HS Brooklyn, N.Y.
2 Hassani Gravett 6'1" 183 RS SO TR Villa Rica, Ga.
12 Khadim Gueye F 7' 235 FR HS Senegal/Victory Rock
23 Evan Hinson G 6'4" 238 FR HS Deltona, Fla./Deltona
1 Kory Holden G 6'1" 181 JR 2VL Salisbury, Md./J.B.
31 Jarrell Holliman F 6'7" 206 RS JR 2VL Alpharetta, Ga.
24 Sedee Keita F 6'9" 240 FR HS Philadelphia, Pa.
21 Maik Kotsar F 610" 245 FR HS Est./Sunrise Christian
34 John Ragin G 6'2" 177 SO HS S.C./Cardinal Newman
25 Christian Schmitt G 6' 175 FR HS Mars, Pa./Mars Area
30 Chris Silva F 6'9" 223 SO 1VL Gabon/Roselle, NJ)
14 Ran Tut F 6'9" 210 JR TR Australia/Edison/Fla Monroe
David Beatty G 6'4" 200 FR HS Phil, PA,/Imhotep Charter
I Doumbia F 6'8" 220 FR HS Miami,Fla Country Day School
Felipe Haase C 6'8" 250 FR HS La, Calif/Cathedral High

Jason Cudd C 7" 250 FR HS MB, SC/Socastee High

Justin Minaya F 6"7" 190 FR HS, Westwood, NJ
Sooooo. How does Coach Martin whittle this roster down to the scholarship Limit...?

Thanks
DB
donniebaseball is offline   Reply With Quote