CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
LeeroyJenkins
Spurticus
Master Bedroom
Ace Dilcock
Spur's Addiction
MACXIMVS
GregoryHouse
Three and Out
MountainCock
Cockytalk Practice r (3451)
Stephen Davis Jr. (2199)
Kaleb Chalmers (1619)
Thoughts on Monday N (1176)
Broadcasting Crew vs (933)
Position Unit Previe (382)
Going to my first ga (314)
Cockytalk Practice report
Broadcasting Crew vs. NC
Stephen Davis Jr.
Rollcall! : NC State
Going to my first game si
Will the Gamecocks score
Home Opener vs UK
WBB 2017-18 Season and Re
Position Unit Preview: Li
GA Mangus has a new job

Old 06-17-2017, 03:49 AM   #61
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Williams Transferring

Wonder how some his former teammates will feel about that, if they even care at all. Arkansas is going to run it right st is all game but not sure he will be the one carrying the ball. I do think having a lead blocker and running out of the I will help him some though.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #62
gocockswyn
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot material

I wish him well, (except when we play them of course) and appreciate his efforts with the team at USC. It just seems that things did not click for him here.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #63
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I think this is a bad move for him.

I'm assuming the desire is to show out for a season and get a NFL team to take a chance. Arkansas may have the right offense for that, but every other RB also knows that. There are a lot on the roster who are young, but may have overall better talent.

Personally, I would've went to a Big 12 school (not even sure if that was an option, but just saying).
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #64
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Doesn't matter until DW figures out how to keep tackling himself to the ground.
His lack of vision, patience and toughness make it an uphill battle trying to succeed in a league with the best defenses in the country.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #65
gohogs14
Recruit

Male

gohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I think this is a bad move for him.

I'm assuming the desire is to show out for a season and get a NFL team to take a chance. Arkansas may have the right offense for that, but every other RB also knows that. There are a lot on the roster who are young, but may have overall better talent.

Personally, I would've went to a Big 12 school (not even sure if that was an option, but just saying).
I think he'll play a lot on 3rd downs just for his blocking especially early in the season
Old 06-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #66
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Hope he balls out early next year and makes first string spot, but when they play us he trips over his own feet every down
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #67
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Dang R-kansas? He might be good in the i-formation prostyle type stuff.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #68
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

I am all for players rights let me be up front about that.

I must say that we should not allow him to transfer to someone we play in his last year of eligibility! Chalk this one up as a loss to Arkansas right now if we allow this. DW did not have the most productive career here but he DOES know our plays our players strengths and weaknesses and is the best damn scout possible that Arky can acquire against us at this stage save for stealing a coach away.

Not pleased with this.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #69
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post

I must say that we should not allow him to transfer to someone we play in his last year of eligibility! Chalk this one up as a loss to Arkansas right now if we allow this. DW did not have the most productive career here but he DOES know our plays our players strengths and weaknesses and is the best damn scout possible that Arky can acquire against us at this stage save for stealing a coach away.

Not pleased with this.
Could we block the transfer? Did he officially transfer to UCONN and now to Arky, or how did that all happen.

I was also curious why this was allowed to happen.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #70
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...156701774.html

Welp.

Watch him look like a Heisman candidate against us, then become irrelevant.

(Yes, it's a State article, but it's the one that came up on Facebook)
Wouldn't be surprised one bit if Arky blows us out on our own field. No way having a guy that knows all of our players and all of our schemes and knows the in and outs of us as a team can not be a huge leg up for them on us.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #71
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Having flashbacks to Kenny Irons after he transferred to Auburn.....

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #72
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Having flashbacks to Kenny Irons after he transferred to Auburn.....
I can't believe this is being allowed now I'm getting off of here before it ruins my happy father's day.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #73
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I don't think we can block it.IIRC a player that has never transferred can go where they want based on a graduate exemption however if they had transferred prior to degree completion they school can block new schools because they have to sign off on a graduate waiver. I seem to remember there being 2 different situations
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #74
aftertwobowls
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 150000000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Could we block the transfer? Did he officially transfer to UCONN and now to Arky, or how did that all happen.

I was also curious why this was allowed to happen.
Grad transfers can go where ever they want. We could block him in conference if he hadn't graduated.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:28 AM   #75
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

If DW fell to 4th string after Rico and Ty'son showed up, why exactly is anyone worried about this. If he is the starter for Arky this year, you can go ahead and put the W on the board.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #76
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
If DW fell to 4th string after Rico and Ty'son showed up, why exactly is anyone worried about this. If he is the starter for Arky this year, you can go ahead and put the W on the board.
I think people are more concerned that he knows our plays, signals etc.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #77
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Pretty sure Muschamp don't block transfers.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #78
Dizzy01
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Not pleased with this.
DW would have nothing to do with wins or losses for anything he does off the field. If their film review team can't scout this offense without his input Arkansas might not win a game.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #79
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:

Not pleased with this.
Every team know what every other team is going to try to do and how they do .. the scouting these teams do on each other is incredible

Execution is what matters

Last edited by kick_ball; 06-19-2017 at 08:16 AM..
kick_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #80
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

I don't think it has been mentioned, but Rawleigh WIlliams III led the SEC in rushing last year but is having to give football up due to ongoing neck issues. This came out after Arky's Spring game and put them in the market for a veteran RB.

I hate it for the young man, but it is potentially good news for us in that the better Williams will not be playing against us. And you have to like David getting another shot - he would be 4th or even 5th team (Mon Denson looked pretty good in our Spring game) if he stayed here .

Last edited by Ace Dilcock; 06-19-2017 at 10:52 AM..
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote