CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
robgusc76
Spur's Addiction
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
NAGamec0ckFan
The Yancey
Ahmad
Dear Muschamp: Not (1388)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (899)
I hope Jamarcus King (576)
Goergia Dome Collaps (376)
#600 (347)
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATER (202)
New Whip (202)
4 Clemson Tickets wi (33)
Funny story from my (0)
Clemson
I hope Jamarcus King has
CFN Team ranking 1-130
Jerry Meyers out as USC p
Mike Davis promoted to Se
2018 - Channing Tindall
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
No cable or Dish
NCAAB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ W
BE THERE

Old 09-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #281
Wybird
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 905200
Wybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2018 - Channing Tindall

Delaying his decision to commit at the end of the month :-(
Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #282
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

We really need him with us losing Skai and BAW. We'll be thin at LB again next year. Could be a starter right away. Probably can't say that about UGA/FSU.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #283
Cockygaming
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
We really need him with us losing Skai and BAW. We'll be thin at LB again next year. Could be a starter right away. Probably can't say that about UGA/FSU.
I read today that Auburn might be making a big push now. Apparently one of their coaches is a Spring Valley Alum. Sounds like Hamsah all over again. I still don't think we lose the in state guy though.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #284
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wybird View Post
Delaying his decision to commit at the end of the month :-(
It's because he isn't able to make the OVs he was planning to make due to the hurricane hitting FL, was scheduled to be taking an OV this weekend at UF, so he doesn't want to commit until he's taken his OVs. Nothing troubling by this at all. Good news is he may be coming to Columbia for an unplanned UV for the game this weekend since he won't be able to make his scheduled OV to UF.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #285
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
I read today that Auburn might be making a big push now. Apparently one of their coaches is a Spring Valley Alum. Sounds like Hamsah all over again. I still don't think we lose the in state guy though.
Sort of like Hamsah but the dad isn't involved this time. Also Tindall seems to know he can be the man from day 1 here if he puts in the work. Not to mention that even a school like FSU, who is known to push for commitments, didn't get his commitment on his last visit. That's a good sign. My gut tells me he ends up here.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #286
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Sort of like Hamsah but the dad isn't involved this time. Also Tindall seems to know he can be the man from day 1 here if he puts in the work. Not to mention that even a school like FSU, who is known to push for commitments, didn't get his commitment on his last visit. That's a good sign. My gut tells me he ends up here.
Hamsah was also an out of state guy too. Hard to think this staff will let an elite guy from Columbia get away at a position of need.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #287
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Hamsah was also an out of state guy too. Hard to think this staff will let an elite guy from Columbia get away at a position of need.
Most definitely. They won't let him slip away, at least not without a fight to NSD.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #288
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Travis Williams is the Auburn coach from Spring Valley. He was passed over by Holtz back in the day, became an All-SEC LB at Aubie and has now returned to coach.

Pretty strong connection but I hope the hometown attraction is enough to overcome that. Plus, last I checked, Lou is not around anymore - local and in-state players are the priorities now. I hope he is looking at TJ Brunson.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #289
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 19837857
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Travis Williams is the Auburn coach from Spring Valley. He was passed over by Holtz back in the day, became an All-SEC LB at Aubie and has now returned to coach.

Pretty strong connection but I hope the hometown attraction is enough to overcome that. Plus, last I checked, Lou is not around anymore - local and in-state players are the priorities now. I hope he is looking at TJ Brunson.
And Shi Smith. Muschamp comes in and makes the local guy his #1 priority and he's getting catches from game 1 even with a talented pool of receivers already on the roster.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #290
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Pretty much a given the coaches are pushing early playing time at LB...he and Hollifield could probably both start next year...or at least see substantial time.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #291
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
It's because he isn't able to make the OVs he was planning to make due to the hurricane hitting FL, was scheduled to be taking an OV this weekend at UF, so he doesn't want to commit until he's taken his OVs. Nothing troubling by this at all. Good news is he may be coming to Columbia for an unplanned UV for the game this weekend since he won't be able to make his scheduled OV to UF.
Don't forget to bring sunscreen this Saturday. It's a night game, but we can probably expect a high amount of UVs.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #292
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Pretty quiet news front on this guy so far. 31 tackles (18 solo) and a sack so far this season. Watching some of his film, reminds me somewhat of Eric Norwood.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #293
Garnet&BLK
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot material

Pretty good comments from Tindall:

http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2017...-in-background
Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #294
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet&BLK View Post

It sounds good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #295
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Talked to some high school players and mentioned tindall all 4 responded they heard he already committed to USC
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #296
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 23670
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
Talked to some high school players and mentioned tindall all 4 responded they heard he already committed to USC
I can believe that. He is ours to lose
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #297
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly
Default 2018 - Channing Tindall

Quote:

Good sign!!!!
Now just get Dax to join him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #298
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
If he's still going to take OVs then I won't put too much stock into this.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #299
U_South_Cack
Walk On

Male

U_South_Cack is sharpening his clawsU_South_Cack is sharpening his clawsU_South_Cack is sharpening his clawsU_South_Cack is sharpening his claws

I've heard from a uga insider that tindall would "commit on the spot" if uga wants him. Take it for what it's worth.
U_South_Cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:49 PM   #300
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_South_Cack View Post
I've heard from a uga insider that tindall would "commit on the spot" if uga wants him. Take it for what it's worth.
I find it hard to believe that he isnít a take...
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote